No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it was SyFy that canceled The Expanse; or rather, SyFy didn't want to purchase the rights to future seasons because of "distribution restrictions" or something. It simply got removed from Netflix, because competitor Amazon picked it up. And Amazon is really competitive (I can't even get Prime Video working with the Google Chromecast), so they didn't renew the license with Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      Expanse was actually the ever trusty SyFy. NetFlix just had distribution I believe.
      Didn't know that. Man these guys are truly unlovable.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

And then they wonder why people download illegally...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Finally found the perfect definition for Stargate Command -- only took me nearly a year and a half ....

It's not a fan community, but a gated community.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Finally found the perfect definition for Stargate Command -- only took me nearly a year and a half ....

It's not a fan community, but a gated community.
            Wait... there is still a community there? How do they keep 'em around, more quizzies?
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              Wait... there is still a community there? How do they keep 'em around, more quizzies?
              They refer to themselves as a community -- doesn't require there to actually be one. Anyone can call itself a community, gated or otherwise.

Comment

Is there no live stream from WonderCon?!

They have made a stargate with 7 (!) chevrons. Meh.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

7 chevrons!? Tsk, tsk, have they learned nothing? Can they even count beyond 7?

Comment

Why would there be? There won't be anything of interest, except for the introduction of the 9 lucky superfans.

The gate they have set up in the booth is a joke, and if that's all MGM has money for, or LegionM cause the booth is theirs, than I don't see how stargate can gain any sort of respect or maintain the notion of being a respectable franchise, worthy of being in almost the same league as Star Wars and Star Trek.

MGM claiming it's their best franchise after Bond, feels like a big pile of horse manure.

Comment

Yeah. Usually any reproductions from Star Trek or Wars are far more accurate than anything from Stargate. And you'd expect the titular artifact to be especially accurate, even if it can't be full size. But I guess only fans can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                        Usually any reproductions from [...] Wars are far more accurate than anything from Stargate.
                        That's because we get the actual plans from the actual sets or props to build our replicas.
                        Granted, those also come with a NDA most of the times -- but only until the replica is revealed at the Celebrations they are build for, or in the case of the Falcon for the Solo promo tour.

(the Solo Millenium Falcon and Rey's speederbike by the Belgians)

Comment

884819f0efe57bcff2d2ca78_full.jpg
                          from : https://twitter.com/stargatecommand/...13837579812864

They could have used the gate from Stargate : Origins... The French team called Children of McGyver makes a much better 1:1 gate what FH has also mentioned, not like this joke what they have provided at WonderCon. It says everything how seriously they think about the whole Stargate. You know even a printed cartboard, but at least accurate Stargate would have been a better solution instead of this horror. Even Stargate : Infinity had better gates. And you are right, the stargate is the essence, the centre of the Stargate shows. So why is it so hard to make a slughtly more accurate model with 9 chevrons?

No news, no response, nothing from WonderCon. I was a bit jealous still that me or NickEast should have sat there, but we were not good enough for them, so I don't know why do I still care about it as I should have let it go. Since nothing will be announced, FH is right that this whole con is meaningless. They have made a posh, good looking SG promo video about the whole year ( https://twitter.com/stargatecommand/...76443677716481 ), how much they care about new and old guests and fans, but this was just a marketing illusion. They have also posted a picture earlier how big is the SG:C team, but I have doubt they have got 50+ people, so I am guessing that photo was shot together with the audience.

Anyway... Maybe we should establish our own little creative studio or workshop, because we should invest energy individually or together into own scifi or fantasy projects. I should have continued and written my own book or to create more races, events, characters in my own scifi world instead of wasting my time on Stargate where they don't want to appreciate my talent. I don't want to sound big headed, but I really had some new and creative ideas to revive the Stargate, but it looks like they are living in the past and they are not capable of looking into the future.
                          Last edited by Platschu; 31 March 2019, 12:06 AM.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

...The French team called Children of McGyver makes a much better 1:1 gate...
                            Oh hell yes... and with Bra'zat on the Superfan team, they should get those guys on board ASAP. Give them an acknowledgement they most certainly deserve. Their gate ain't finished yet, but by the gods I can't wait to see it standing. It will most certainly even trump our lifesize gate (and we're really proud of that gate).

No news, no response, nothing from WonderCon.
                            Saw a link posted on the twitterfeed of Gateworld, but didn't click it, about the superfan panel or some such, so perhaps there is something in the feed of command as well... I don't know, haven't gone there to check (yet).

EDIT

Sorry, turns out the article on GW is the old one Darren posted 4 weeks ago when the winners were chosen, and there's no mention of it on the feed at Command (no surprise there).

They have made a posh, good looking SG promo video about the whole year ( https://twitter.com/stargatecommand/...76443677716481 ), how much they care about new and old guests and fans, but this was just a marketing illusion. They have also posted a picture earlier how big is the SG:C team, but I have doubt they have got 50+ people, so I am guessing that photo was shot together with the audience.
                            They don't care about "fans". If they did, we would have better treatment for all fans, not just the preferential bubble -- and even they are, more or less, left to their own devices considering the less than stellar communication coming out of that place.

That photo is from a convention -- I think gatecon last year. They posted an article on the feed, introducing (a year late, I might add) the stargate command team. There are 5 people manning the place, and I'm missing one. I don't think other Jenny still works with the team. There were two Jenny's since both sent me emails last year.
                            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 31 March 2019, 08:49 AM.

Comment

@Platschu: You are totally right. MGM is totally stuck in the past. A good example of this is the 'news' page at Stargate Command. There is no news there, just old and dusty articles about past episodes.

@FH: And you are totally right as well. MGM doesn't care about the fans. If they did, we would have had Season Three of SGU years ago. (Or season six of SGA.)

That was my two cents. But.... *cue shameless self-promotion*.....I've been working on continue the story of Stargate myself. I don't know if it's any good, but I enjoy writing it. And that's good enough to me. For the loooooooong version, click the link my signature. *End shameless self promotion*

And back to you, Bernard.

EDIT: Took several tries, but I think I actually got the signature right now.
                              Last edited by Janus; 31 March 2019, 08:46 AM. Reason: And who the frak is Bernard ?
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Links work.

Will bookmark, and read when I'm finished with SGU.... by that time, you're probably 3 seasons into your story.

Comment

Working...
                                X