Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 LastLast
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    The only selfish reason I was worried that if something is going to be announced this week, then how will be CJ involved in different projects. But I doubt they will choose him. Sorry to say, but he is 54 years old, so if they want a Superman in the future DC projects for the next 5-10-15 years, then he wouldn't be a right decision.
    Considering Cavill was already considered too old.

The Witcher is going to be shot in Hungary too, so it will be nice to follow the fate of that fantasy project.
    I have to admit I have no clue what The Witcher is all about, but cool that they're shooting in Hungary though.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon by Falcon Horus & signature by JadedWraith || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Judge as superman? Lol come on, inclusion and diversity is important but a black man portraying superman just seems farfetched to me.

OFF

FH: Witcher III is an award winning fantasy game which was developed by a Polish company, the CD Red Project. It was a great success and it was even supported by the Polish goverment. Even lots of Hungarian programmers have worked for them as well. It is similar to the Elder Scroll series.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ony2r0QFs
    The Digic Pictures made an awesome trailer for it as well :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kAhE7ApxaA
    This Hungarian Budapest based company is specialized on game trailers and they earn a ridicolous amount of money.They are really really good... So hopefully the Netflix will make the next Game of Thrones with the Witcher series what we can enjoy in the following years.

Chaka : They are really planning a black Superman.

ON
    Last edited by Platschu; September 13th, 2018 at 03:15 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

FH: Witcher III is an award winning fantasy game which was developed by a Polish company, the CD Red Project. It was a great success and it was even supported by the Polish goverment. Even lots of Hungarian programmers have worked for them as well. It is similar to the Elder Scroll series.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ony2r0QFs
    The Digic Pictures made an awesome trailer for it as well :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kAhE7ApxaA
    This Hungarian Budapest based company is specialized on game trailers and they earn a ridicolous amount of money.They are really really good... So hopefully the Netflix will make the next Game of Thrones with the Witcher series what we can enjoy in the following years.
    The Witcher is a very popular series of books written by a Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski. The video games were (loosely) based on the books, and the series will also be based on the books not the games. And the series will also be a largely American production.

Nivao: Thanks, but I am aware of it and I am very proud that a Polish franchise became so successfull. I haven't read the books and haven't played the game, but my friends praised it. It is on my list to buy it.

So back to Stargate. The time has come to open the sarcophagus of the franchise.
    Last edited by Platschu; September 14th, 2018 at 12:30 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Oh my goddess, I feel so stupid now.... cause I do know what the Witcher is... ...oops...

icon by Falcon Horus & signature by JadedWraith || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

So back to Stargate. The time has come to open the sarcophagus of the franchise.
    Do you have a scoop!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Do you have a scoop!
    It's Gatecon in Vancouver this weekend. Apparently there will be something "happening" there.

*tears his shirt off* : yuuuuuuuus

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...te-convention/

According to the GW, the announcement could happen on Saturday. Maybe we should make an announcement bingo:

- nothing
    - nothing, but "we are working on it"
    - nothing, but "we tried to work on it"
    - nothing, but the **** SyFy sabotaged it
    - Jaffa stories by CJ
    - new Origins season or seasons
    - new mini-series from BW
    - new spin-off from BW
    - new SG movies with the combined cast of SG-1/Atlantis/Universe from BW

etc.

Then probably we will hear more about the furute of SG:C as they are planning to extend the service. If we are lucky it will be available in 7 countries instead of 6.

Then they will talk about the cooperation with the Tongal

Maybe we will hear about the Stargate merchandise shop. It would be nice to have some good quality mugs, fridge magnets etc., but most of the fans have already done such things "unofficially" by themselves.

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...te-convention/

According to the GW, the announcement could happen on Saturday. Maybe we should make an announcement bingo:

- nothing
    - nothing, but "we tried to work on it"
    - nothing, but the **** SyFy sabotaged it
    - Jaffa stories by CJ
    - new Origins season or seasons
    - new mini-series from BW
    - new spin-off from BW
    - new SG movies with the combined cast of SG-1/Atlantis/Universe from BW

etc.

Then probably we will hear more about the furute of SG:C as they are planning to extend the service. If we are lucky it will be available in 7 countries instead of 6.

Maybe we will hear about the Stargate merchandise shop. It would be nice to have some good quality mugs, fridge magnets etc., but most of the fans have already done such things "unofficially" by themselves.
    I need a mug that says "Best System Lord Ever", or "Oh Fer Cryin' Out Loud, Get Me Some Coffee". Or a beer glass that says "False God. Drunken False God".

There are some fan made stuff here and there. Just it would be nice to buy some detailed fridge magnets : chevrons, complete gates, Jaffa symbols, Jaffa head armors, Replicators, X301 or tel'tacs etc. Nowadays they can make such detailed souvenirs of every important tourist attraction of every city in China, that I am doubt it would be hard to sell the license to make them some SG themed one...

Quote Originally Posted by nivao View Post
    I need a mug that says "Best System Lord Ever", or "Oh Fer Cryin' Out Loud, Get Me Some Coffee". Or a beer glass that says "False God. Drunken False God".
    #jaffalivesmatter

I also want a special edition of a Hammond's figurine that yells Yeehaw.

A Jaffa joke boardgame?

I'm putting my money on...

...and then I'll take my leave for sure.

Who will be the lucky country?

France?

They did watch Stargate Origins illegally in great numbers, but so did Russia so it could go either way.

Actually, the only thing I'm curious about. I really would like to know what they're up to with that one.

You're gonna regret that because you can bet that shipping will be murder and make it impossible to order anything from across the pond.

Kinda like Thinkgeek.com which are brilliant and have awesome amount of merch, but their shippingcosts are murder and therefor you'd have to order a great amount of stuff in order to make it worthwhile.

Or, even better, they don't ship outside the US...

There are some fan made stuff here and there. Just it would be nice to buy some detailed fridge magnets : chevrons, complete gates, Jaffa symbols, Jaffa head armors, Replicators, X301 or tel'tacs etc. Nowadays they can make such detailed souvenirs of every important tourist attraction of every city in China, that I am doubt it would be hard to sell the license to make them some SG themed one...
    Which is far cheaper because made by fans (or in China) and good quality too. Just 3D print them.

Dammit Platschu -- now I'm laughing every time I'm gonna be thinking about that bingo...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Dammit Platschu -- now I'm laughing every time I'm gonna be thinking about that bingo...

Thanks. This "candelism" was also good on page -6- as I have re-readed them:

Star Trek : Candle lighting is futile.
    Star Wars : Join to the Dark Side!
    Matrix : There is no candle.
    Babylon 5 : We lit for the one, we dark for the one.
    FarScape : Frell your fire.
    Game of Thrones : If you immediately know the candlelight is wildfire, then you win or you die.
    BattleStarGalactica : The candle has a plan.
    West World : This candle doesn't look like anything to me.
    If I have seen it well the BW / SG:C panel will start around 13:00, so it is +10-11 hours in Europe.

If I have seen it well the BW / SG:C panel will start around 13:00, so it is +10-11 hours in Europe.
    Around midnight... I'll be watching Star Trek around that time.

Live stream : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Eg82fv8Cg

No BW series. Nothing again. And they even joked about "we are working on it"....

I have watched an hour now. I have missed the BW panel.

The SG:C was nothing interesting or really exciting:
    - "we are working on it" for new regions
    - they will upload other languages later (also repeated "they are working on it")
    - tematic episode playlist for story arcs
    - Darren's journey video about Egypt
    - new Dialing home type of series of shooting locations in Vancouver (including Jack's cabin etc.)
    - they will upload the improved version of the episodes (especially season 7-8)

But honestly they were talking about nothing important. I wanted new live-action materials, not "just" extras for SG:C.

So the winner of the announcement bingo is :
    nothing, but "we are working on it"

I don't know what to say. I should have listened to FH, but I wanted to believe in them. And they fooled us. Again.
    Last edited by Platschu; September 15th, 2018 at 02:01 PM.

So the winner of the announcement bingo is :
    nothing, but "we are working on it"
    I WON THE BINGO!!!

I don't know what to say. I should have listened to FH, but I wanted to believe in them. And they fooled us. Again.
    If it makes you feel any better, it's never my intention to be on the right path on this sort of thing. I guess, having first-hand experience with Stargate Command team and what kind of replies they always give, and especially MGM being deadly silent, while other entertainment companies acknowledge fans doing something epic on social media (see Timeless, or Brooklyn Nine-Nine), and being ignored as a fan in general gives you that more than realistic view on things that can really be annoying to others.

They literally said nothing that wasn't already known. You can put your clock to it that they will still be saying the same thing 6 months from now, or a year from now. Keep that hook dangling around long enough, but at some point there will be no longer any fish interested in the empty hook.