X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Jan 26th for an Aussie tweetstorm?
    ROFLMFAO!!!
    Yes, have a tweetstorm on Australia Day when most people will be out, or passed out
    The Tweetstorm is on Jan 25th, which, due to time zones, happens to be early in the morning on the 26th in Australia. If people are already out, or passed out, between 2 and 5 AM, before the day has barely even started, something is a little wrong here, unless some are already celebrating on the eve of Australia Day Others would probably still be asleep...

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
      The Tweetstorm is on Jan 25th, which, due to time zones, happens to be early in the morning on the 26th in Australia. If people are already out, or passed out, between 2 and 5 AM, before the day has barely even started, something is a little wrong here, unless some are already celebrating on the eve of Australia Day Others would probably still be asleep...
      Which makes it even more useless
      You can drunk tweet, you can't sleep tweet.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

There are so many timezones that somebody will sleep anyway. I believe they have chosen more wisely in comparsion to the last one as it will fit better to Central Europe, UK, East Coast ans West Coast US.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          You mean "long term borrowing" of your digital copy.
          Sure...

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Jan 26th for an Aussie tweetstorm?
          ROFLMFAO!!!
          Yes, have a tweetstorm on Australia Day when most people will be out, or passed out
          Saw that mentioned.

@NickEast -- there is a specific time for Australia on the 26th too but like GateFan says it's a public holiday.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Regardless of where it's home maybe, if I can still get an actual physical release I'll be happy.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              Regardless of where it's home maybe, if I can still get an actual physical release I'll be happy.
              Same here.

That's what, even if I reeeeeally don't like Amazon, it would be great if the show was airing on their streaming platform. At least, we would have DVD/Blu Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Vittorini View Post
                That's what, even if I reeeeeally don't like Amazon, it would be great if the show was airing on their streaming platform. At least, we would have DVD/Blu Ray.
                If only that were a guarantee though. I'm still waiting for a DVD release of Stargate Origins.

Comment

I am still waiting for my download code...
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    I am still waiting for my download code...
                    But at least, you got your patch... you got your patch, right?

Comment

What do you know... the stargate "Superfan" panel is apparently still "active"...

Comment

I have got my patch. I have received near my birthday in August.

Superfan Panel... Meh... Don't remind me. I have tried it at least.

Shall we make a new thread for the upcoming twitter storm? We have chatted here about it anyway. So what is the "plan"? How do you prepare for such speedy tweeting? Do you write a few of them in advance? I can't promise I will be able to do anything as I am going to finish the work at 6pm (UK time). I am planning to share a few pictures, but that is all.

Comment

There is one, I think... at least there was one for the last one.

I don't speed tweet, nor do I prepare.

Last year I tweeted mostly from my laptop and had some images prepared to go with the tweets but this year... meh... I don't know yet. Bad Boys For Life is releasing this week. Might go and see it on Saturday instead of tweeting. My tweets won't make a lick of difference in the grand scheme of things anyway -- and StargateNow is still involved so will see.

Comment

https://youtu.be/qNEwyHs65Uw
                            I have seen this music clip just now. I like the animation of the new Stargate, just I have missed the old 9 chevron design and the blue wormhole. But even this stargate has made me wish for more.

Maybe such short animations / pictures would be a way to campaign for the future of Stargate. There are so many digital artists and tools are available.

Comment

Will this leave Stargate in limbo? https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...es-bond-rights

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                                A streaming company owning those rights will increase the likelihood of new Stargate content. It will be more cost effective to produce than it would to license the rights from MGM (as they would have to do now), and it's MGM's second highest earning property after Bond, so when deciding which properties to exploit after a buyout, Stargate would be high on the list. It also doesn't hurt that space based TV Sci Fi has had some winners lately with Star Trek on CBS and "Lost in Space" on Netflix.

I'd keep a particular eye on the Apple since they're hungry for content right now and will likely try to move quickly after a big purchase in a similar (albeit it less impressive) vein to Disney + with their deluge of upcoming Marvel, Star Wars, and Fox shows/movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X