• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Hopefully your postcard won't get geoblocked
    It'll probably get lost in transit.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yup, looks like their latest update once again broke other stuff that was working perfectly OK before.
      They once again broke their message feed. Comments get sent but don't show up in the comment list so you compulsively hit send again, nothing happens... after a few more attempts you give up, copy your post, close the window and try again, only to realize every one of those attempts went through anyway so you're down to deleting those 6 other attempts.

And of course, not a peep when made aware they have a broken feed to fix. I was about this close to hitting delete on my account until I realized that I can't delete my account but would have to mail support so they can delete my account on their end.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        And of course, not a peep when made aware they have a broken feed to fix.
        Even if it was posted, considering SGC's App broken feed system, it might be gone in a few minutes
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Even if it was posted, considering SGC's App broken feed system, it might be gone in a few minutes
          In this case, it's been a couple of days now... people are learning not to hit send more than once though so not too many multiple postings.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            In this case, it's been a couple of days now... people are learning not to hit send more than once though so not too many multiple postings.
            I thought everybody did that on purpose to reach Ascended rank? That's what got me off this app: a bunch of useless posts.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Maybe the Replicators are back!

I also don't understand why do we collect points, if we can not use it for anything. I have given up logic long time ago, so I try to enjoy the chaos there.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I thought everybody did that on purpose to reach Ascended rank? That's what got me off this app: a bunch of useless posts.
                Any posts made before thursday, yes... those are to gain coins and sometimes we would do it on purpose to annoy the others. But all double/triple posts made after thursday are mostly due to the update breaking the feed.

Comment

They fixed the issue.

But by the gods, that place has become boring as all hell... *snore* ...which means I've set a date for my removal from its archives: Monday July 23rd, 2018. It's the monday after San Diego Comic Con, which makes it a year since they announced their stupid Origins plans. I have a bet running with someone at Command that they can say "I told you so" should MGM make another stupid announcement, while I get to laugh in their faces now until then for their naive thoughts that MGM will even care enough.

Comment

I have just watched a few game presentations from E3 and I have to admit the game industry is in such position that I am not so sure that any television show can reach the same level of freedom, interactivity and storytelling. I mean even if we would get a new and good and bigger budget SG spinoff, just compare it to these games. They can introduce such locations, races, ideas, NPCs, magic, weapons or whatever else they want what we could never afford in a tv show. It will be really harder and harder to grab the loyal attention of the younger audiences for any tv show, if we get such games like these in the following years. Simply a tv show won't be able to provide this feeling of free decisions.

ANTHEM
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS512EUdnMU

HALO INFINITE
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmdb-KmlzD8

STARLINK : Battle for Atlas
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCza4n4h4yU

RAGE 2
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9fWKslhPvQ

ASSASSIN'S CREED ODYSSEY
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7_Ucy3WUN8
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqsEfyTW7jQ

Then even Bethesda announced a new scifi game, the STARFIELD. No trailer yet, but they never make bad games. And there are so many other great games on PS4 and XboxOne that you can watch them as a movie.

I wish we could have a proper SG-1 FPS game at least. As you can see they are capable of creating fully detailed worlds and creating believeable characters, so maybe that could be a way for future SG projects. I wish they could have hired more trustable companies in the past as the SG franchise could have been supported by great computer games in the last 10-15 years. But I also know that if they were not investing 5-10 million dollars into a proper SG pilot, then why would they invest more into a computer game... :/
                    Last edited by Platschu; 12 June 2018, 10:00 AM.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'm bouncy bouncy for Halo Infinite -- although I hope Co-op offline play will be back because that's the reason I haven't finished Halo 5. It's the game my sister and I play together on first runs so Halo 5 is a bitter disappointment in that area.

Comment

While we are talking about games :
                        Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        Christopher Judge is the main voice actor in Gods of War 4 :
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqb_KQtob6Y

Claudia Black is the main voice actress in Uncharted : The Lost Legacy :
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3u9cqcLlJE

Both games look amazing and they are full of mythology. I miss to see them on regularly on Stargate, but it is really good to listening to them in other roles.
                        I could even recognize Claudia Black's acting many times, so this motion and emotion capture technology really works. It is worth of checking (or playing) those games.

Okay, I haven't linked all of the games, just I was impressed where the game industry is at the moment. They can really make movie quality games and maybe the MGM should consider the revive the franchise this way. I know it needs years of development even with motion capture, so I am just dreaming that we can see SG-1 this way.
                        Last edited by Platschu; 12 June 2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          I could even recognize Claudia Black's acting many times, so this motion and emotion capture technology really works. It is worth of checking (or playing) those games.
                          DOn't much care for Chris's God of War -- not the kind of game I would ever play, but the Uncharted games are awesome. Though I don't have a Playstation so I've never played them. I'm on Xbox gamer so if there were a stargate game, it would have to be an all-console game cause I'm only buying new consoles for new Halo games.

Comment

I also have got only an 8 years old PC. I like playing with keyboard and mouse so I tried to PS and Xbox at my friends, but I couldn't get used to it.

God of War is also too violent for my taste, but if you like the Norse mythology, you will love it. It is interesting to see how many ways can the same elements reused (Stargate. Marvel's Thor - Ragnarok and now this GoW).

It is worth of even watching this Uncharted "5" as a movie game, because the dialogues are quite funny. The Naughty Dog makes amazing games which really feels like a new Indiana Jones / Tomb Raider style adventure. I wish Lara and Nathan could team-up one day. And I have missed Claudia Black as Vala, because she became my favorite SG-1 character. Maybe you noticed it. CB has worked on other games as well. Her voice is so unique that it can not be confused with anyone else.

There are a few videos about motion capture how they make these games :
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmIrEqu91Ew
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8CVj_Mu8ZQ
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jElva34yUfM
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htqV-d0K91A

Comment

Did I mention that I took a course in Special Effects? And that we also had a course called game design?
                              We even had Mo-Cap equipment to play with.

Comment

I recently bought a new gaming laptop (Yes, gaming laptop are actually good quality now in 2018!). I had an old PC that sounded like a dying lawnmower, yes I'm not even joking I almost had to crank the thing.

Not sure if you guys are into that kind of game, but gosh you need to try Space Engineer! It's now in 4k HD and the graphics are astounding! They added planets (solar system), atmospheric - hydrogen (and ion) thrusters, planetary rovers, even warp modules.

You can create spaceships with much details, from a small fighter to a humongous Mothership. You literally build your machines part by part, from power distribution to weapons. No phasers or fancy laser guns though, it's more of a *realistic space simulator* with survival aspects and physic laws involved.

I definitely recommend to any sci-fi fans that are into crafting games. You might need a buddy or two to play with though, since you get through the campaign mode quick enough.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X