No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I have tried my best to entertain my little audience... I will post the visual quizes in my other thread.

edit. It looks like I have reached my limit of attachments, so don't worry, GW won't be flooded with more photos.
    Last edited by Platschu; 07 June 2019, 01:46 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      edit. It looks like I have reached my limit of attachments, so don't worry, GW won't be flooded with more photos.
      LOL! Now GW can't handle your awesomeness.
      It's a consipiracy.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I must have reached the 100 MByte limit per user... Nobody else responded. Are they really so bad? Okay, they are not a professional collages, but I have put my soul into it .... Never mind.

The DHD version could be updated with a stone/plastic background and if the symbols could be turned into gold or yellow colour... Feel free to reuse or to update it.
        Last edited by Platschu; 08 June 2019, 12:17 PM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The DHD version could be updated with a stone/plastic background and if the symbols could be turned into gold or yellow colour... Feel free to reuse or to update it.
          I think I can do that.

But maybe something like the Abydos cartouche or something.

Comment

I did manage to find one more of my collages buried in a file folder, yay!

The FN P90, SG1’s preferred weapon of war.
            (I know it’s issued to them...but it’s issued to them because they prefer it!)
            (And it was a royal pain finding a decent shot of Jonas with one.)
            Attached Files

Comment

In Teal'c's hands it looks so freaking tiny.
              And it's not tiny, cause I have 3 of them at home. (airsoft versions -- not the real thing)

Comment

I have forgotten to write that the glyph picture was meant to be a memory card game. But we could make even a digital version of that one as well instead of the paper based one.

https://www.stargatecommand.co/discu...be-made-public
                130 comments... Jenny must have waite for Forrest Gump if they couldn't open a suggestion thread. David Read has even commented again, but he has ignored all the concerns. I should not really care about that place anymore, but I am still a fahrbot. I should let it go or as Teal'c would say "I die free!"
                Last edited by Platschu; 09 June 2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I have forgotten to write that the glyph picture was meant to be a memory card game. But we could make even a digital version of that one as well instead of the paper based one.
                  Did I mention that I designed a cardgame for a cousin of mine as she was working on her graduation paper for college...
                  I even got fabulous feedback for it from her teachers.

So, a memory game is but a word...

Aren't the last few more or less on topic anyway?
                  Read only replies to the on topic ones. And Paperclip (whomever that is) replies to the ones who lost their AAP.

Comment

Memory card game = memory improving card game, when you have to find the pairs.

I was planning to print the Atlantis weather collage as A/2 or A/3 size as it could look nice as a poster or a laminated version, so I could eat on it.

Most of the comments are ontopic, but you can hardly see where the newest comments are hiding only if you scroll down. Even the multi-replies will make it too complicated. But anyway in spite of we promised we will leave and abadon them, both of us are spending too much time and energy on this lost cause.

Comment

I was planning to print the Atlantis weather collage as A/2 or A/3 size as it could look nice as a poster or a laminated version, so I could eat on it.
                      My brain ommitted the "on" so I was thinking, " he wants to do what now? Eat it?!?" ... and then the "on" registered.

Comment

Sorry, I am tired, so my English is not really good tonight. I was talking about "dish pads" where you put your plates on. They are selling as souvenirs and I have got a few about maps and castles. So I was thinking why could we not make our own SG version of it?

Comment

Sorry, I am tired, so my English is not really good tonight. I was talking about "dish pads" where you put your plates on. They are selling as souvenirs and I have got a few about maps and castles. So I was thinking why could we not make our own SG version of it?
                          That's okay cause my brain clearly is gone AWOL too... and I'm watching SG-1 so that makes for interesting quiz questions.

Comment

Two more weeks until the the Chicago con... This RPG announcement was a nice surprise, so maybe MGM hasn't given up on the Stargate brand. Or they were just simply happy that somebody was still willing to pay for the license. Easy cash for them.

Comment

Yeah. I'm actually quite happy with the announcement. I just hope MGM is not going to throw it away, and give the designers a chance to make a complete RPG. But it's definitely not enough to satisfy the entire fanbase (not many play RPGs I'm willing to bet), and to fix their mistakes and apparent lack of interest.

Comment

I'm more inclined to say this...

a) I'm not a RP gamer so not interested
                                b) again a company that is really still in its start-up phase and thus international fame is limited to a core audience. I know Wyvern but I don't know how because like I said I'm not a RP gamer.
                                c) again with the kickstarter
                                d) ... and this is important one... Where are the bigger companies like FunkPop? What's keeping them from getting a license for stargate products? Is it that they did a marketing survey and found the audience too limited to make a profit?

e) American Mythology was left hanging by MGM concerning their comics. Wyvern better have a decent contract in place so that this doesn't happen to them either. August 2020 is still a long way away and a lot can happen. Just look at that videogame, what was it called... Alliance?

I'm not kidding when I say I don't trust MGM as far as I can throw them.
                                Their current stargate business model is more along the lines of spend nothing, win everything. Good business, but long term... Stargate will always remain that niche fandom nobody knows about.

Comment

Working...
                                X