No announcement yet.

"Solo" 5/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my son and I finally saw the movie this past Saturday. It was enjoyable. I did like seeing the "new" Millennium Falcon and seeing how Chewie and Han became friends.

I was surprised to see the appearance of Maul.

According to the information I found...this would be where Solo falls into the Star Wars Timeline:

• 32 BBY (Before the Battle at Yavin): The Phantom Menace
    • 22 BBY: Attack of the Clones
    • 19 BBY: Revenge of the Sith
    • 12 BBY: Solo
    • 0 BBY: Rogue One
    • Year 0: Star Wars
    • 3 ABY (After the Battle at Yavin): The Empire Strikes Back
    • 4 ABY: Return of the Jedi
    • 34 ABY: The Force Awakens
    • 34 ABY: The Last Jedi
    sigpic

Comment

Mostly right, except Solo’s placement there is slightly off. Its intro is in 13 BBY, while the main events of the film are in 10 BBY.

Oddly coincidental: Rogue One’s intro sequence (the part with Jyn as a child when her dad is captured and mum killed) is also in 13 BBY.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I enjoyed this film a lot, 4 things set it apart for me that made me love it even more

1: Hans homeworld; WE FINALLY get to see Corellia on the big screen! FINALLY; that had me sucked in hook line and gosh dang fishing boat!
        2: Han and Chewie's inital meeting and Han speaking broken Shriwook; laughable at times but so worth it how shaky he is about it making it even better on how they met.
        3: The Kessel Run, Han was right, the Kessel Run according to some sites {none of which were offical execept for I think it was Wookieepedia} said that the Kessel Run itself is 22parsecs long due to how it winds through the nebulae, Han made it 12 parsecs long due to going outside the inital path. Which was truly worth it
        4: THE SUBBACC GAME! Yes, yes yes YES we see how he wins the Falcon good and proper!

All in all, great film, and Star Wars Explained did the timetrable; Solo takes place 4 years before Rebels begins, 9 years after Episode 3, and 10 years before Episode 4, and 44 years before Force Awakens

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
          I enjoyed this film a lot, 4 things set it apart for me that made me love it even more

1: Hans homeworld; WE FINALLY get to see Corellia on the big screen! FINALLY; that had me sucked in hook line and gosh dang fishing boat!
          2: Han and Chewie's inital meeting and Han speaking broken Shriwook; laughable at times but so worth it how shaky he is about it making it even better on how they met.
          3: The Kessel Run, Han was right, the Kessel Run according to some sites {none of which were offical execept for I think it was Wookieepedia} said that the Kessel Run itself is 22parsecs long due to how it winds through the nebulae, Han made it 12 parsecs long due to going outside the inital path. Which was truly worth it
          4: THE SUBBACC GAME! Yes, yes yes YES we see how he wins the Falcon good and proper!

All in all, great film, and Star Wars Explained did the timetrable; Solo takes place 4 years before Rebels begins, 9 years after Episode 3, and 10 years before Episode 4, and 44 years before Force Awakens
          Five, but the rest is right
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            That would put it at around the same time Ezra runs into Kenan and the Ghost.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

No, five years before Rebels. Solo is in 10 BBY, Rebels begins in 5 BBY. Five years apart, not four as Awanita says SWExplained said

Comment

No, five years before Rebels. Solo is in 10 BBY, Rebels begins in 5 BBY. Five years apart, not four as Awanita says SWExplained said
                I wonder if Enfyst was working with the Organas or an ally of theirs at the time? I did think it was a bit early for her to start talking about a rebellion.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  I wonder if Enfyst was working with the Organas or an ally of theirs at the time? I did think it was a bit early for her to start talking about a rebellion.
                  It's quite possible. We know from various novels that Bail & Breha Organa (Leia is too young at this point) began organizing clandestine resistance not long after the Clone Wars started, and recruited Ahsoka early on (around 18 BBY). We also know that Saw Gerrera's Partisans were a direct outgrowth of his Onderon-based resistance during the Clone Wars -- so there are at least two resistance factions that have been running already for nine years by the time Solo happens.

Comment

I musta missed the correct timing, my bad

Either way I am very happy to finally see Corellia on screen, looks better than the MMO; never expected the water though

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I was surprised to see it was a slave manufacturing planet. It was known for making spacecraft, but I had no idea it was a slave/forced labor operation.

Comment

The thing I like is that all I have to do is read this thread and I get caught up on the Star Wars history I've missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          I was surprised to see it was a slave manufacturing planet. It was known for making spacecraft, but I had no idea it was a slave/forced labor operation.
                          I don't think it was originally supposed to be that. From the impression that I got from the old EU, it was supposed to be one of the elite core worlds. But it makes sense that Han Solo would come from a dead end world if you ask me.
                          Last edited by aretood2; 09 June 2018, 08:15 AM.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, and let's also not get caught up in the whole 'one world ecology' thing that Star Wars tends to be famous for. Sure we saw a crappy, crime-riddled manufacturing area in Solo, but we're talking about a whole world here. Just because we were only shown the slums of Detroit, doesn't mean there aren't Parises and Hawaiis elsewhere on the planet.

Comment

Well, and let's also not get caught up in the whole 'one world ecology' thing that Star Wars tends to be famous for. Sure we saw a crappy, crime-riddled manufacturing area in Solo, but we're talking about a whole world here. Just because we were only shown the slums of Detroit, doesn't mean there aren't Parises and Hawaiis elsewhere on the planet.
                              Not been to Paris lately have you?
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

1985 is the last time I saw Paris.

I am in no way an authority on the Star Wars Universe, but I thought I heard somewhere that it was meant to be an entirely industrialized planet. I guess I must be caught up in that "one world ecology" DigiFluid was talking about. LOL I certainly feel like it was mentioned in a previous movie; or maybe one of those Nintendo 64 games I used to play that Solo reminded me of. In particular the train heist.

Comment

Working...
                                X