"Solo" 5/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Solo" 5/2018

Haven't seen anything around here for it yet.. But it seems they are doing a story on Han Solo's early life this summer.

Heres the full trailer

Comment

I saw it, and i have no idea why i'm supposed to watch it. I like star wars, but what's the added value of this? At least Rogue One gave us the deathstar plan heist.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Solo's backstory. Yeah, they want to put butts in seats this Memorial day, but I think it's worth watching.

Comment

Count me in
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post

Heres the full trailer
            I will never understand why--in the age of the internet, when your trailer is available to the whole world the moment you click Upload--trailer-creators insist on ending their video by saying it comes out on a holiday only celebrated in one country.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I will never understand why--in the age of the internet, when your trailer is available to the whole world the moment you click Upload--trailer-creators insist on ending their video by saying it comes out on a holiday only celebrated in one country.
              Because that one country is where most of their sales come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Because that one country is where most of their sales come from?
                In this day and age? hardly.

Comment

For "The Last Jedi"

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...=starwars8.htm

Domestic (US) total: $614,455,022

Largest non-US take was the UK, with United Kingdom $110,354,551

US take almost 6 times that of the next highest.

Comment

For "The Last Jedi"

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...=starwars8.htm

Domestic (US) total: $614,455,022

Largest non-US take was the UK, with United Kingdom $110,354,551

US take almost 6 times that of the next highest.
                    FOREIGN TOTAL $706,113,426

Overseas territories make more money than the domestic market. Though true, the domestic market is the single largest market, for more than a decade now overseas is the biggest moneymaker. Which is why there's pandering to China for instance.

Comment

“Domestic” should also shrink a little, as it isn’t just US. “Domestic” includes Canada for sure, maybe Mexico too? Not actually sure about MX, maybe not.

In either case—neither Mexico nor Canada celebrate Memorial Day either.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        “Domestic” should also shrink a little, as it isn’t just US. “Domestic” includes Canada for sure, maybe Mexico too? Not actually sure about MX, maybe not.

In either case—neither Mexico nor Canada celebrate Memorial Day either.
                        Just like we don't celebrate Cinco De Mayo in the US?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          Just like we don't celebrate Cinco De Mayo in the US?
                          I honestly have no idea how tongue-in-cheek that was meant to be, so I’ll just answer as though you were being serious.

Memorial Day is literally not celebrated in Canada, at all. Our May holiday is Victoria Day (or colloquially, ‘the May 2-4’ - so-called because a case of beer is...a 2-4), and celebration (if that’s the right word to use in this context) of our soldiers’ sacrifices is Remembrance Day, on November 11.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            FOREIGN TOTAL $706,113,426

Overseas territories make more money than the domestic market. Though true, the domestic market is the single largest market, for more than a decade now overseas is the biggest moneymaker. Which is why there's pandering to China for instance.
                            As I understand it, the SW franchise hasn't done well in China.

Comment

As I understand it, the SW franchise hasn't done well in China.
                              I've heard stories like that, but i haven't heard why exactly this is the case. Many other movies do well in china and make a considerable profit there, so Star Wars is a bit of an odd one out.

Comment

Working...
                              X