"Solo" 5/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Well, and let's also not get caught up in the whole 'one world ecology' thing that Star Wars tends to be famous for. Sure we saw a crappy, crime-riddled manufacturing area in Solo, but we're talking about a whole world here. Just because we were only shown the slums of Detroit, doesn't mean there aren't Parises and Hawaiis elsewhere on the planet.
    I think I saw at least one Star Destroyer type vessel in the atmosphere, presumably under construction. Given the heavy-handedness of the Empire, and what we seen in "Solo", I think the entire planet being under the Empire's misery is a safe bet.

And until now, I too had the impression that Corellia was a prosperous, civilized world, rather than the sewer that was shown in "Solo".

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I think I saw at least one Star Destroyer type vessel in the atmosphere, presumably under construction.
      I am 100% with you on that one.

Comment

Corellia is a shipyard planet yes, Sdveral different starship consturction yards and companies, however the company that is strictly civilian market is CEC, which is where the Falcon is from. Corellia does have a few star destroyer construction docks on the planet and mostly in orbit from what i could see.

But their other ships {PYT series, Corevettes, etc} are strictly civilian

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Just watched this for the first time since it was in theatres...still loved it!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Got the Expanded Edition of the book of the film. I plan t oread some of it before bed tonight. Cant wait to read Tag & Binks bit

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
            X