No announcement yet.

"Solo" 5/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a fan of Star Wars (generally) I'm not remotely interested in this Solo film.
    sigpic

Comment

Alden Ehrenreich confirms he's on contract for three films.

I suppose that doesn't mean he's guaranteed to do three films, but they have the option.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So originally I was thinking we were getting 3 one-off Star Wars films in following episodes 7-9.

So far we've gotten
        1) Rogue One (could be called episode 3.9)
        2) Solo (Part 1 of 3)
        3) I'm guessing this is where the next Saga will begin

Rogue One was amazing and I'm hopeful the Solo film\franchise will be good but this is just different than expected.
        sigpic

Comment

One of the three was the film that Josh Trank was supposed to direct, before he got fired and the release bumped back to 2020. They never said what it was going to be about, but speculation was rife that it would be about Boba Fett. And since the firing and delay, it’s been radio silence. I don’t even know whether it’s still happening or not.

Other than that though, a couple other non-‘saga’ films have been announced:
          - Rian Johnson (director of TLJ) will be creating a non-numbered trilogy
          - David Benioff and DB Weiss (creators/showrunners of Game of Thrones) will make a ‘film series’
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Looking forward to this one!
            sigpic

Comment

Saw it last night. I didn't care for the the first little bit and then loved every minute after a certain point. Very pleasantly surprised. I know this one will generate discussions. I think they diffused some fan controversy and ignited some fan controversy. I have a cousin who is a die hard Star Wars fan and she was pleasantly surprised. She didn't love it and there were parts she hated, but overall she was pleasantly surprised and appreciated most of it.

Comment

I saw it last night too and was quite pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. Lots of sly deep-cut Expanded Universe references as well.

I wonder if it’ll get a sequel? They certainly left the possibility open.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I saw it last night too and was quite pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. Lots of sly deep-cut Expanded Universe references as well.

Duo. A Star Wars film.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    Duo. A Star Wars film.
                    Nailed it in one P-90_177.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Duo. A Star Wars film.
                      Get out. We don't serve your kind here

Comment

Where's the social justice droid when you want it?

I loved this movie. Every bit. And...does this settle the question of Han and Greedo and shooting? And don't worry Han...Keera is hot and everything, but you'll get a genuine Princess

It left me wanting more...like more about everything.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

There were certainly some unexpected twists that took the story in fascinating directions.

I know one friend who actually didn't care for the movie but I don't think he's even aware of the numerous EU references in the film. I personally enjoyed it, and I'm hoping there will be a follow-up.
                          sigpic

Comment

I bet when he and Leia had Ben they were quite the Trio for a while there.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

*Is Social Justice Tood* Equal rights for all jokes, including puns!!!
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

I liked this.
                                The Millennium Falcon has always been my favorite ship in this franchise since 1977.
                                It's fascinating to see her when she was new.
                                One thing sorta makes better sense now. If she's meant to carry cargo in her forward mandibles, where she had been rigged with an escape pod in the movie, it would explain her high performance. Engines are oversized, in anticipation of heavy freight loads there. I can't wait to get this on BD and freeze some of the shots of the new Falcon.

Regarding the rest of the film, it was cool seeing Han & Chewie's origin story.

One must really wonder how Han's old GF, Qi’ra ended up working for Maul. It was hinted at what she had done in the years since their separation, but that must have been interesting, to say the least.

But on the whole, I think this was definitely a "b-team" effort. It's not up to what Disney has already shown they can do with this franchise.

Comment

Working...
                                X