Staff weapons adjustable settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staff weapons adjustable settings?

It just occurred to me and I know people have brought up this point in the past. The staff weapon. Sometimes in the show we watch it blast holes in rocks, blast down trees, and blast holes through metal barriers. Then in the ep Warriors, it barley leaves a scorch mark on the log.

Is it possible that the staff weapon has the ability to adjust its power setting? I mean, you don't need to blast your target logs in to pieces for target practice. Set it low and admire the scorch mark. Then in combat they can set it high.

If this is the case, it makes me almost reevaluate the staff weapon. I mean, it's been suggested the Goa'uld used them since a big stick that shoots plasma bolts will scare the primitives. But I think another reason is because they assumed bigger was better. I mean, looking at the blasts, those things are practically hand cannons. The Goa'uld saw them, loved the big boom they made, and decided to make it the standard weapon without considering if it was practical.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
    If this is the case, it makes me almost reevaluate the staff weapon. I mean, it's been suggested the Goa'uld used them since a big stick that shoots plasma bolts will scare the primitives. But I think another reason is because they assumed bigger was better. I mean, looking at the blasts, those things are practically hand cannons. The Goa'uld saw them, loved the big boom they made, and decided to make it the standard weapon without considering if it was practical.
    The Goa'uld haven't had a serious war in 5000 years. The only fighting they did was among themselves, and they mostly did that with assassination of each other (e.g. the mini-nukes and ash'raks). They had no need for practical warfare like we did, so they most definitely made weapons that LOOK the most impressive.

Comment

Considering the Zat's have different settings, it would make sense to think the staff weapons do also.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X