• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Origins Trailer Arrives Ahead of February 15 Premiere

From GateWorld:

Stargate Origins Trailer Arrives
    Ahead of February 15 Premiere

The full-length trailer for Stargate Origins has finally arrived, as we count down the final two weeks before the premiere of the franchise’s first digital streaming series.

Stargate Origins follows young Catherine Langford (Ellie Gall) as she and her father (played by Connor Trinneer) try to understand the Stargate and to protect it from the Nazis prior to the outbreak of World War II. The 10-part series will stream exclusively at Stargate Command.

Clocking in at just under two minutes, the trailer reveals a conflict with the German officer Wilhelm Brücke (Aylam Orian) that leads Catherine and her friends (Philip Alexander’s Captain Beal, and later Shvan Aladdin’s Wasif) to try and rescue him. It also reveals that the Stargate will, indeed, be activated — and could take someone to a world we’ve never seen before. Take a look below.

<iframe width="590" height="336" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Itqq9hzLapk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Read the Full Story >

There's a screenshot of Aylam where it looks like he's doing a musical pose -- and now we both want a Stargate musical.

Saw the trailer once -- not gonna repeat the mistake I made with the teaser. I'll just get more frustrated about the lack of access -- and well... could go either way.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Anyone know who are the characters in the masquerade-like outfits around 1:36 in? The blue lighting and costumes are so different from the rest of the trailer that they really stood out. I like the nose jewelry on the first and don't often see that outside of art galleries.

EDIT: I opened a separate thread for this topic. Please reply there in case of spoilers: https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ible-spoilers)
      Last edited by WraithTech; 01 March 2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Also, has MGM posted when and how this will be released so that everyone else can eventually watch it? I live in a part of the world which is under the digital divide and streaming is not supported. Being able to borrow it at the library would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
          Also, has MGM posted when and how this will be released so that everyone else can eventually watch it? I live in a part of the world which is under the digital divide and streaming is not supported. Being able to borrow it at the library would be great.
          I'm afraid the answer to that remains shrouded in darkness and I don't see any light appear on the horizon any time soon. Since it's digital in origin (pardon the pun), I fear it will stay digital for now --- maybe it becomes available for download at some point or they suddenly realize that the world has more countries and we do get access to it, or they mean to make more money and release it on a DVD/BluRay.

Who really knows?

MGM does but they're not communicating and Stargate Command only knows one line where the first 20' are free-4-all. You can read the beginning, but will have to write the ending yourself.

Comment

>>the world has more countries

Yes! There is a lot of interest and offsite forum coverage in places which are currently excluded, for instance in Russia.

>>Who really knows?

One would hope they have a plan. From what has been seen on the website so far, things seem to be being made up as they go. If they don't, the show will likely be able to be downloaded alright, but not when and where they will make money off of it. I'm not saying it is right, but that is what happens.

Comment

Part of the pitch for All Access is the ability to stream Origins "before everyone else."
              So I would assume they have a plan for "everyone else".

But after seeing how well the SGC site/app works, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                But after seeing how well the SGC site/app works, who knows?
                That is what has me wondering.

But, I also need to be able to download or rent it, because internet infrastructure where I live is so outdated there is no streaming.
                Last edited by WraithTech; 07 February 2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

If they don't, the show will likely be able to be downloaded alright, but not when and where they will make money off of it. I'm not saying it is right, but that is what happens.
                  The way the videos are embedded in the website, this is unlikely to happen.

Comment

Seems more Indiana Jones than it does Stargate. Not sure this is going to be the kick-start that Stargate needs after watching that trailer.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flash525 View Post
                      Seems more Indiana Jones than it does Stargate.
                      Most made comment across all platforms...

Comment

There's nothing wrong with Indiana Jones . Also, after having seen Raiders again, I wished they would do a crossover. I mean, think about, it fits perfectly. Egypt, supernatural, archaeologist, 1930s. In fact, for me Origins would be so much better if it has an Indiana Jones cameo.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                          There's nothing wrong with Indiana Jones . Also, after having seen Raiders again, I wished they would do a crossover. I mean, think about, it fits perfectly. Egypt, supernatural, archaeologist, 1930s. In fact, for me Origins would be so much better if it has an Indiana Jones cameo.
                          I never suggested that there was! I enjoyed all the films, even though I wonder whether they needed that alien element in the latest one - something they could wrap up as Asgard Experimentation should they have ever crossed them over!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                            I never watched an Indiana Jones movie in my life. I did watch Young Indiana Jones with Sean Patrick Flannery, so this can be written as a fanfiction... if only to keep the dream alive.

Comment

That is what has me wondering.

But, I also need to be able to download or rent it, because internet infrastructure where I live is so outdated there is no streaming.
                              That is not only the problem in case of SG: O but with so many things, people with slow or bad internet seem to be forgotten

But about the trailer, it is better but I agree that the gate looks strange and this trailer still is not what would make me say "oh wow, I need to watch this, it's amazing"

Comment

Working...
                              X