No announcement yet.

The Fan-fic Ideas and Advice Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A personal example evn though I asked the question; My NaNoWriMo 2018 project, Jumanji's Creed, originally was going to have my characters {Spike, Mark, Diamond and Miao} Exploring Jumanji, clearing out dungeons {Skyrim style!} That sort of thing.

By the end of the first week of November, the plot had evolved to the point wherein Spike made some new enemies, and made some new friends, and is now hunting, of all things, vampires.

Lots of work, in a jungle, for a former Supermodel

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

It certainly goes places...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm going to interrupt with some nonsense, but thank you guys for being so supportive, no matter what someone writes.

I haven't found a Stargate site for discussion as friendly as this. Most are dead and the discord is toxic, especially to fanfiction writers.

You guys are great. I hope you all keep it up. Thank you.
        Last edited by WraithRichard; 04 January 2019, 08:29 AM.
        Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

That ain't nonsense. It's reality.

Comment

Blech, aargh! Good God but my mind goes to weird places when I'm asleep.

Batman meets Harry Potter anyone?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              That ain't nonsense. It's reality.
              Thanks. The discord thanks anyone who writes any divergent stuff (ignores books or comics, happened in between episodes, etc like the different realities or timelines Stargate writers actually put in the show) are blasphemous (their words) and should be considered completely original stories and can't say they follow canon up to a certain point (and anyone who disagrees doesn't exist).

Crazy stuff and not helpful.

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              Blech, aargh! Good God but my mind goes to weird places when I'm asleep.

Batman meets Harry Potter anyone?
              I'm pretty sure I've seen that. I know Harry's me the Authorities more than once in fics.

Anyone have a good chemical way to cause a murder that's hard to trace? A chemical that isn't found easily in an autopsy or one that breaks down quickly?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                Anyone have a good chemical way to cause a murder that's hard to trace? A chemical that isn't found easily in an autopsy or one that breaks down quickly?
                Not a chemical -- not in the way you mean it -- but a bubble of air.

Comment

Nice.

I mean, not nice, but cool use of biology.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                    Nice.

I mean, not nice, but cool use of biology.

Comment

This isn't always reliable (in fact, I once had a test that depended on them injecting air), and it can often be detected during autopsy.

Seaboe
                      Last edited by Seaboe Muffinchucker; 21 January 2019, 06:13 AM.
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Aaarrgh! Curse my bad memory!

I was reading something yesterday about a near undetectable poison. Thought to myself "Must remember that, WraithRichard would be interested in it for their story." and of course I've forgotten it.

Lesson learned, I'm keeping a notepad and pen by my laptop and I'll make a note of it if I find it again.
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Do any of you sometimes get the feeling that your OCs have a life of their own, and sort of continue to exist and live on outwith your stories?

That somewhere in a distant corner of your mind, they're getting on with their own lives without any input from you?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Do any of you sometimes get the feeling that your OCs have a life of their own, and sort of continue to exist and live on outwith your stories?

That somewhere in a distant corner of your mind, they're getting on with their own lives without any input from you?
                            I wouldn't quite put it that way but I know what you're talking about. When you put so much detail into their history, personality, and life that they feel like actual people that you could just talk to.

sigpic
                            Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

You find yourself watching a completely unrelated TV show or movie, and you suddenly think "Well, my character would've done something totally different."
                              sigpic

Comment

I don’t really find that. To me all my characters are so nailed down to the narrative I create that they’re more or less on rails. That’s not to say sometimes as I’m writing they suddenly do something I didn’t expect. That happens all the time. But I don’t tend to think of them independently from the story.

That being said, other than a Star Trek role play character I use, my original works include a trio of demi-goddesess that may or may not be the same person, the actual Christian God, Satan and a murdering sociopath who hides his crimes due to his place of work not being able to afford to lose him... These aren’t all from the same story by the way.
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X