No announcement yet.

Defending Atlantis...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ask this cuz a Phalanx costs 3.8 million per unit. I can't find the price of an M2 Browning and I've seen prices from 14k to 33k. If someone can find an exact price for me, that'd be great. Can't be that far off since an M60 is 6k.

If I were to assume an M2 Browning costs 25k, that means I can purchase 152 Browning machine guns for the same price as a single Phalanx. Even if I cut in half to compensate for things like man power and ammo, that's still 76 machine guns for one Phalanx.

I mentioned it before but this is why sentries aren't used as often. Often times, getting a bunch of guys on a bunch of cheaper guns can produce the same result for less. All sentries were designed as an anti-missile, rocket, mortar, ect because its nigh impossible for even a team of soldiers to shoot those out of the sky in the time before it hits the ground. But, it's still a gun on a swivel so there's no point in denying it the chance to waste air craft.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Hm...that's an explanation, the other ist that the Wraith and the Goa'uld wouldn't stand much of a chance (on the ground - if they bring in ships that turns that around, especially in the first few seasons where Earth didn't have any ships) if humanity went all out and came at them loaded for bear! Bringing stuff like buggies (which do fit through the stargate) armed with heavy machine-guns and rocket-launchers, machine-guns (isn't it kind of normale for special forces teams to have a dedicated marksman and a machine-gunner?) etc.

greetings LAX

Comment

Working...
      X