Post The Wolf Inside (111)

Visit the Episode GuideSTAR TREK: DISCOVERY - SEASON ONE
    THE WOLF INSIDE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 111
    Burnham defies orders to destroy a Resistance cell in order to meet with them face-to-face instead -- only to see Tyler break in front of her eyes. On Discovery, Tilly works desperately to restore Stamets' mind.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; January 14th, 2018 at 10:02 PM.

Default Re: The Wolf Inside (111)

Hoo-leee damn. I thought he was a Klingon, I was not expecting him to be Voq!

And the "Emperor"!
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Well. This episode was 6 on a scale 1-5. Amazing. Brilliant.

The Tyler-Voq swap was found out by fans long time ago. The creators even made a fake IMDB profile for the actor of Voq (Javid Iqbal) :
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm9333617/
    But technically Shazad Latif 's middle name is Iqbal if I know it well.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Hoo-leee damn. I thought he was a Klingon, I was not expecting him to be Voq!

And the "Emperor"!
    I honestly don't know how anyone didn't get that. They've been shoving it in our face all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Well. This episode was 6 on a scale 1-5. Amazing. Brilliant.

The Tyler-Voq swap was found out by fans long time ago. The creators even made a fake IMDB profile for the actor of Voq (Javid Iqbal) :
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm9333617/
    But technically Shazad Latif 's middle name is Iqbal if I know it well.
    There was a really nice bit in After Trek where he explains that they chose that as the pseudonym because it was his father's name.

Great episode again. I love how Burnham basically goes a bit Mirror Universe in order to deal with the situation, and perhaps if it wasn't for the Emperor showing up that execution would have even helped cement herself as the ruthless captain she's meant to be.

I've known for quite a while that Tyler was Voq, but having him come face to face with himself made for a great twist in the reveal. Plus seeing the rebels really does help show that these Klingons do still have the potential to become as we later understand them to be in TNG.

I can't quite get over how awesome the Andorians look too. I mean they look even better than in Enterprise and I thought that look was pretty spot on.

Looking forward to next week, particularly if we get to see Stamets working with himself. I think that will lead to some pretty awesome character stuff. I really hope we actually get an episode where we get to see the ISS Discovery and what they're up to in the prime universe. Speaing of which, his catatonic self keeps saying "don't go into the palace" before. Thinking that will be a direct reference to what happens to Burnham and Lorca on the Empress' flagship.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I honestly don't know how anyone didn't get that. They've been shoving it in our face all season.
    Oh go away. Liar

I can't quite get over how awesome the Andorians look too. I mean they look even better than in Enterprise and I thought that look was pretty spot on.
    Ooh yeah, I forgot to mention that. I was very pleased with how they looked. The Tellarites too--though I'll admit that I couldn't place them right away, beyond 'that species looks familiar.'

Looking forward to next week, particularly if we get to see Stamets working with himself. I think that will lead to some pretty awesome character stuff. I really hope we actually get an episode where we get to see the ISS Discovery and what they're up to in the prime universe. Speaing of which, his catatonic self keeps saying "don't go into the palace" before. Thinking that will be a direct reference to what happens to Burnham and Lorca on the Empress' flagship.
    Maybe a bit of Fringe-esque back-and-forth-between-universes storytelling? That could be an interesting changeup of how Star Trek tells a story.

I'm still hoping we get to see the USS Defiant at some point. This show's VFX have been pretty stellar, I'd love to see how they make a pre-refit Constitution-class look.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

And did you notice Sarek's beard?