Post Legion of Superheroes (310)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON THREE
    LEGION OF SUPERHEROES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 310
    Reign's reign of destruction continues as she targets National City's criminals with a brutal sense of justice. But with Supergirl gravely wounded and trapped inside her own mind, Mon-El and his comrades resist intervening.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; January 15th, 2018 at 08:53 PM.

Default Re: Legion of Superheroes (310)

First of all. I love Lena. I really do. She's the reason I kept watching. But this thing with James is completely ruining the character. Just so they can give James something to do who has become very redundant and serves no purpose any more. They are ruining Lena as a result. The whole Lena/James thing was unnecessary and felt more like teen drama the way they were both acting, instead of grown adults. It was quite cringeworthy to be honest

No Brainiac 5. Although I'm still not impressed with the make-up of Brainy, I was impressed with the character. His rapport with Kara was really good. They play off each other rather better than I imagined. I hoped they'd have onscreen chemistry and I wasn't disappointed. I don't want a lovefest to take over the show again but I think they finally found a guy that has chemistry with Kara. Time will tell if they do go down the romance route.

Good to see Imra getting to do something useful finally, also so good to see the Kara/alex moments make a return this season

So Reign, she isn't vulnerable to Kryptonite the same way as Kara. Also are we gonna eventually get the world killers?

The 800 Lb elephant in the room... This show takes place in the same universe as Superman; he has appeared in the show before.

In a situation where SG is having problems, or been defeated by a villain with similar powers, wouldn't you expect SM to show up to help her?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    The 800 Lb elephant in the room... This show takes place in the same universe as Superman; he has appeared in the show before.

In a situation where SG is having problems, or been defeated by a villain with similar powers, wouldn't you expect SM to show up to help her?
    Honestly? I'm not surprised they've forgot about him. They seem to suffer from amnesia till they need the thing or person for a story then they dust them off

It's a common question with TV shows based on comic books.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    Honestly? I'm not surprised they've forgot about him. They seem to suffer from amnesia till they need the thing or person for a story then they dust them off
    That's just bad writing, then. How hard could it be to come up with some plausible excuse where SM wasn't present in "their" universe? Dimensional jump or something?
    Or they could do an episode where Superman does come to the aid of a struggling Supergirl and afterword, she resents him for it, giving him a reason to stay out of it the next time.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

That's just bad writing, then. How hard could it be to come up with some plausible excuse where SM wasn't present in "their" universe? Dimensional jump or something?
    Or they could do an episode where Superman does come to the aid of a struggling Supergirl and afterword, she resents him for it, giving him a reason to stay out of it the next time.
    They did that already way back in S1
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

This is Supergirl you're watching. On the CW. Enough said *wanders off to look for Jeremiah seeing as everyone seems to have forgotten about him*

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    First of all. I love Lena. I really do. She's the reason I kept watching. But this thing with James is completely ruining the character.
    I don't know if I would go as far as saying Lames' (Lena & James) relationship is ruining Lena. However, I don't care for Lames. They just don't seem right for each other. To me, their relationship seems forced and awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I don't know if I would go as far as saying Lames' (Lena & James) relationship is ruining Lena. However, I don't care for Lames. They just don't seem right for each other. To me, their relationship seems forced and awkward.
    It's early days yet and I hope they realise what a mistake they're making and stop it before it starts properly. Last thing I want to see is another Karamel. That pretty much ruined much of season 2 and Kara as a character. I can see this having the same effect, but on a slightly lesser scale as they are supporting characters