X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallville Re-Watch

S1: E1 Pilot
    S1: E2 Metamorphasis

My son missed out on Smallville while it was on the air. So, last night, I started on a re-watch of Smallville with my son. It is pretty cool especially since I've not season season one in such a long time. Alex seems to like the show so far. We've only watched two episodes, and Alex has picked up the phrases: "Meteor-Freak" and "Wall of Weird."

I wish there were folders for the first four season of Smallville on GW. I guess I will post this thread until I get to season 5.

One thing I wish they would've explained is how the Kents explained the arrival of Clark. It was like "poof" all of the sudden the Kents have a kid. I also didn't realize, the first time around, how suspicious Lex was of Clark. I remember his growing suspicions in later seasons, but I didn't know is started right from the beginning.

If anyone has any input on the first couple of episodes, please feel free to reply. I'm going to try to watch two or three more episodes tonight.
    sigpic

S1: E3 Hothead
    S1: E4 X-Ray

And the re-watch continues. Only got in two episodes. I'm enjoying watching the development of Clark's powers. I forgot how unsure he was and how slowly he got his powers.
    sigpic

Comment

S1: E5 Cool
      S1: E6 Hourglass

Just two episodes again. Clark really seems to have a grip on his x-ray vision now. I also like how Jonathan is starting to trust Clark and allow him to stretch his wings more...slowly albeit...but it is good to see. I had forgotten Lex and the blood rain. He's a character that is creepy...but I did miss him when he left the show.

I'm hoping Alex and I can get in 3 or possibly 4 episodes tonight.
      sigpic

Comment

S1: E7 Craving
        S1: E8 Jitters
        S1: E9 Rogue
        S1: E10 Shimmer

The re-watch continues! Alex is really getting into the show, but he has trouble remembering character names...and we're 10 episodes in.

I can see Lex's suspicions growing as the episodes progress. Alex can't figure out of Lex is a good guy or bad guy, but he doesn't like Lionel Luthor at all, which is a good thing! I would love the invisiblity syrum in "Shimmer."
        sigpic

Comment

One thing I wish they would've explained is how the Kents explained the arrival of Clark. It was like "poof" all of the sudden the Kents have a kid.
          This I think may have been in a deleted scene. I remember Lionel assisted them in creating fake birth certificate and then the Kents are claimed to have adopted him and that unfortunately the shower was the day they were bringing him home. Lionel of course assisted them in exchange for Johnthan's assistance with getting the Ross's to sell their land. This leads to the Luthors getting a foothold into Smallville.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
            This I think may have been in a deleted scene. I remember Lionel assisted them in creating fake birth certificate and then the Kents are claimed to have adopted him and that unfortunately the shower was the day they were bringing him home. Lionel of course assisted them in exchange for Johnthan's assistance with getting the Ross's to sell their land. This leads to the Luthors getting a foothold into Smallville.
            Ok...I seem to remember this, and I think it may come out later. We finished season 1 and started season 2 this weekend...and there was no indication of a Luthor assisted adoption.

So far we've watched S2: E1 Vortex and S2: E2 Heat.

I don't know why, but I thought the tornado scene with Clark and Lana happened later in the series. I guess I'm getting my timeline straightened out with this re-watch! LOL

Alex keeps asking why Clark doesn't fly. I told him he'd had to wait a while for that.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Ok...I seem to remember this, and I think it may come out later. We finished season 1 and started season 2 this weekend...and there was no indication of a Luthor assisted adoption.
              You don't find that out until -much- later.
              So far we've watched S2: E1 Vortex and S2: E2 Heat.

I don't know why, but I thought the tornado scene with Clark and Lana happened later in the series. I guess I'm getting my timeline straightened out with this re-watch! LOL

Alex keeps asking why Clark doesn't fly. I told him he'd had to wait a while for that.
              A long while
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                You don't find that out until -much- later.

A long while
                And a blurry not quite image of him too. Stupid show runners couldn't give us the satisfaction of a close up of his entire suit >.>
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  And a blurry not quite image of him too. Stupid show runners couldn't give us the satisfaction of a close up of his entire suit >.>
                  Blame Tom Welling for that one dude, he never wanted to fly.
                  He firmly believed that Smallville should be about -Clark-, not Superman, and I'm not sure I would really disagree with him on that.
                  sigpic

Comment

S2: E3 Duplicity
                    S2: E4 Red
                    S2: E5 Nocturne
                    S2: E6 Redux
                    S2: E7 Lineage
                    S2: E8 Ryan

Well, Alex and I were busy last night and tonight with our rewatch. We finally found out about the Luthor involvement in Clark's adoption in Lineage. I don't know if I could handle info like this as easily as Clark does. I don't know why...but I thought the red kryptonite episode happened much later. LOL.

After we watched the Ryan episode...Alex decided it was time to call it quits for the night. He was little upset by the episode...which I can understand.

Does anyone remember when Chloe finds out about Clark's abilities?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      S2: E3 Duplicity
                      S2: E4 Red
                      S2: E5 Nocturne
                      S2: E6 Redux
                      S2: E7 Lineage
                      S2: E8 Ryan

Well, Alex and I were busy last night and tonight with our rewatch. We finally found out about the Luthor involvement in Clark's adoption in Lineage. I don't know if I could handle info like this as easily as Clark does. I don't know why...but I thought the red kryptonite episode happened much later. LOL.

After we watched the Ryan episode...Alex decided it was time to call it quits for the night. He was little upset by the episode...which I can understand.

Does anyone remember when Chloe finds out about Clark's abilities?
                      S3 I think, when she see's him catch the car (which I think is when he is on red kryptonite)
                      It's been awhile since I watched SV though.......
                      sigpic

Comment

S3 I think, when she see's him catch the car (which I think is when he is on red kryptonite)
                        It's been awhile since I watched SV though.......
                        I'm thinking you're probably right!

We didn't watch any episodes tonight. Alex had a late doctor's appointment. By the time we got home and got dinner eaten...it was a bit late to start watching Smallville. I'm hoping to get some episodes in tomorrow.
                        sigpic

Comment

Blame Tom Welling for that one dude, he never wanted to fly.
                          He firmly believed that Smallville should be about -Clark-, not Superman, and I'm not sure I would really disagree with him on that.
                          What was he ganna do? Quit on the last day?
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            What was he ganna do? Quit on the last day?
                            sigpic

Comment

S2: E9 Dichotic
                              S2: E10 Skinwalker
                              S2: E11 Visage
                              S2: E12 Insurgence
                              S2: E13 Suspect
                              S2: E14 Rush

Season 2 is progressing nicely. I would have more episodes under the belt if my child knew how to behave. LOL. I guess it is the joy of having a pre-teen.

Alex seemed to like episode 14 the most. I like the scene where the Camero jumped across a ravine. He is all about cars...so he loved the Pete and Chloe jump scene. LOL.

I didn't realize all of the issues Clark had getting with Lana. I remember them being more of a thing. I guess my memory is faulty.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X