Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel's First Family comes home: Disney acquires FOX film division

To he officially announced on Thursday.

I have no idea when Marvel will get around to announcing what they plan to do with this; I’m half expecting they’ll sit on it until they can make a “huge announcement!” at D23 next November.

Very exciting!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

For the uninitiated, this is all a bit exciting for fans of the Marvel films because FOX currently owns the exclusive film rights to a sizeable number of Marvel Comics characters. Disney owning FOX Films means that the rights for these characters transfer to Disney, who is also the parent company for Marvel—enabling Marvel to incorporate these characters into their cinematic universe.

FOX and Marvel currently share the rights to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, which is why different versions of these characters were able to appear in both the X-Men films and the MCU movies.

But FOX, for many years, has also had exclusive rights to the Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, Dr Doom, Wolverine and all the X-Men, Cable, and Deadpool.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Since Thanos can rewrite time and history, it would be a perfect time to introduce them in phase 4. or simply Dr. Strange opens a portal from an other dimension to rescue them.

Black Panter comes next year and as far as I know he is the husband of Storm. I wish we could briefly see a cameo from Halle Berry (if they don't recast the character), but I know it won't happen. Maybe in Black Panter 2.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

This could have a big impact on the comics as well, as the misfortunes of the X-Men and mutants in recent years has often been attributed to Marvel not wanting to prop up characters they don't have the film rights to.

Also, Wolverine in the next Avengers film?
        sigpic

Comment

Latest: Comcast is trying to swoop in and steal the deal from Disney.

Comment

New latest: Disney strikes back, offers new bid topping Comcast’s

Comment

New new latest: U.S. gives Disney/FOX deal antitrust approval

Comment

New new new latest: Comcast drops out of FOX bidding war, leaving Disney’s offer uncontested.

Comment

I wonder what it will mean. I mean I love what Disney has done recently, but I fear for a future where one company controls everything.

Comment

New new new new latest: Shareholders hold vote, approve Disney’s offer

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                      I wonder what it will mean. I mean I love what Disney has done recently, but I fear for a future where one company controls everything.
                      Yeah, I understand your concern. I get it. But I’m going to take a few moments (years) to be selfish here and dream of a unified Marvel movie universe

Comment

Kevin Feige confirms that in the next six months, Marvel Studios will start working on how to bring the X-Men and the Fantastic Four into the MCU!

Comment

Disney’s acquisition of FOX has been finalized, will come into effect tomorrow:

https://www.21cf.com/news/21st-centu...y-acquisition/

Comment

Working...
                          X