Star Wars video games discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars video games discussion

Some really amazing ones, a whoooole lot of stinkers....thought I would split this off here so we don't derail the TLJ thread

An incomplete list:
    1992 - Super Star Wars
    1993 - Rebel Assault, Super Empire Strikes Back, X-Wing + Imperial Pursuit + B-Wing
    1994 - Super Return of the Jedi, TIE Fighter + Defender of the Empire
    1995 - Dark Forces, Rebel Assault II
    1996 - Shadows of the Empire
    1997 - Jedi Knight, Rebellion/Supremacy, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
    1998 - JK: Mysteries of the Sith, Rogue Squadron
    1999 - Episode I Racer, X-Wing Alliance
    2000 - Force Commander
    2001 - Rogue Squadron II
    2002 - JK: Jedi Outcast
    2003 - Galaxies, JK: Jedi Academy, Knights of the Old Republic, Rogue Squadron III
    2004 - Battlefront, Knights of the Old Republic II
    2005 - Battlefront II, Republic Commando
    2006 - Empire at War
    2008 - The Force Unleashed
    2010 - The Force Unleashed II
    2011 - The Old Republic
    2013 - TOR: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
    2014 - TOR: Shadow of Revan
    2015 - Battlefront (DICE), TOR: Knights of the Fallen Empire
    2016 - TOR: Knights of the Eternal Throne
    2017 - Battlefront II (DICE)
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 10 December 2017, 12:18 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I wish Republic Commando had had a bit more polish. I has the fundamentals of a really solid game, but so much of it feels like it was just skating by, just 'good enough' before they moved on to working on the next thing. Plus, I love the Karen Traviss/Commandos storyline, so that's a big plus in my books.

And how many of us burned countless hours of our teens playing the Hoth mission in Shadows of the Empire over and over?
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 10 December 2017, 12:19 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Of those, I played Lucasarts' X-Wing & Tie Fighter. There was also one other space combat by the same group in the early 1990's, but the title escapes me.

Comment

I have played with these :

1993 - Rebel Assault, X-Wing
        1997 - Jedi Knight, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
        1999 - Episode I Racer, X-Wing Alliance
        2002 - JK: Jedi Outcast
        2003 - JK: Jedi Academy

The memories... My fav is still the Jedi Academy. It was amazing to see such light sabre moves and battles techniques what we couldn't on the movies.

I loved the pod racer game too. I have even finished it on highest difficulty, but I must have spent many hours on it.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I spent I think about a years worth of time alone in one sitting on X-Wing vs TIE Fighter + Balance of Power, back then didnt have internet so no multiplayer games, but had so much fun! I miss that game

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I still play Jedi Knight and mysteries of the sith, not FULLY compatible with windows 7 BUT fully enough to get almost the same play, graphics are off a little, and on occasion some program glitches, but all in all a good enough playing experience.

I got a collection of them with, some games in them that I never got to play, no joy stick, most of them were sample games, you got to play the asteroid level of sith, but that was all, but I did get the full of yoda stories, a surprisingly good game, though the graphics were fairly basic, and there was a glitch that needed a patch added later.

Comment

Working...
            X