Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avengers: Infinity War

Trailer is finally here!

I can’t wait to see this on the big screen before Star Wars!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      My exact thought!

Comment

It looks really good (though Iron Man and Spider Man's armors look off), i am intrigued about Thanos and the plot. He has the Power stone so that means infinite power and he later obtains the Space Stone so he can teleport places. I am both interested to see if this movie will end just with Thanos at full power or if this is just the first three (assuming Vision is defeated).

It's also not Part1 anymore, so what does that mean for the movie?

Can't wait for star wars either.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          It's also not Part1 anymore, so what does that mean for the movie?
          There's been a rumour floating around for a while now that Avengers 4's title is "Infinity Gauntlet."

Given that one of the two films being released between IW and 4 is supposedly going to be set in the 90s (Captain Marvel), it's possible IW could end unresolved/on a cliffhanger. I don't know how they'd reconcile the other movie between though (Ant-Man and the Wasp).
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 30 November 2017, 01:32 AM.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Marvel has said Avengers 4 will provide a finale to the current stages of the MCU, so I would imagine a large part of the old guard will either die, or retire.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Marvel has said Avengers 4 will provide a finale to the current stages of the MCU, so I would imagine a large part of the old guard will either die, or retire.
              My bet is that either Stark or Rogers will die in 3 and the other will die in 4. That's not counting any of the other characters though.
              sigpic

Comment

Death predictions:
                • I'm all but sure that this will be the exit for both Tony and Steve - I believe both of the actors' contracts are up. (But as you say Chris, could very well be one in 3 and the other in 4)
                • better than even odds on Thor and Loki as well - we've had a trilogy of standalone Thor, Asgard is gone, Odin/Frigga/the Warriors Three are all dead, etc
                • I would not be surprised by Hawkeye or Nick Fury biting the bullet here either - neither of them has had much to do for several years now
                • I'd also not be surprised if Black Widow died either - Marvel has completely wasted Scarlett and she can't be blind to that

Contrarily, I expect survival for:
                • Wanda - I feel like she's too new to the universe to just cast off. She's not only kind of part of the whole 'magic' angle, she's also a perfect venue to introduce mutants to this universe if Disney ends up acquiring FOX's film division
                • Spider-Man - this should be obvious, since he's new to the universe and has at least 1 sequel in the pipe
                • Ant-Man & Wasp - Again too new, and also have a sequel coming
                • Black Panther - WAY too new to kill off. The BP solo film comes out just three months before Infinity War
                • The Guardians, most if not all. This crew is so much James Gunn's babies, and he's back to run Guardians 3. Difficult to imagine Marvel jeopardizing their business relationship with him by taking away one of his characters without his input

Not sure:
                • Dr Strange - he's new enough to the universe that I'll be surprised if they kill him off, buuuuut it's very strange (ha) that there's been no announcement of a sequel solo movie and Bumperdink Babbadgepatch is always so insanely busy that I wonder if it might not just be easier for them to ditch him here
                • Bucky & Sam - I expect at least one of them to survive, so that they can take up the Captain America mantle for the next batch of films, but I have no idea which is more likely
                • It kinda looks like Vision dies in the trailer? But I have a hard time believing they'd show a major character death in the trailer!
                • War Machine - I just don't know. He seems like the obvious choice to take over being Iron Man when/if they kill off Tony, but I'm not sure whether Marvel would take that road

Comment

It kinda looks like Vision dies in the trailer? But I have a hard time believing they'd show a major character death in the trailer!
                  Not sure this is a spoiler but Ill spoiler anyway, its a comic question, not actual news
                  Spoiler:
                  Doesnt Vision survive in the comics even though his stone is removed?

Comment

Honestly I don't know, I don't really read Marvel. Maybe

(wild speculation but spoiler tagging anyway)
                    Spoiler:
                    Maybe that's why there's a human Paul Bettany in the trailer?

Comment

Superbowl tv spot

Comment

I mostly agree with DigiFluid, except that I don't think [both] Tony & Steve will bite the dust. One of them certainly will, and everyone seems to think it'll be Rogers, which makes me wonder whether it'll be Tony. If however Rogers does end up dead, I'm not necessarily convinced that Bucky or Sam will take up the mantle of Captain America - seeing as how that title isn't really needed anymore, and this is the MCU - not the comics.

That said, if either of them (Bucky/Sam) do take up the mantle, I expect it to be Bucky over Sam. I also think that we will see the death of Loki, but in Avengers 4. I don't think we'll see the end of Thor, though I do think his character will be more or less retired from the MCU at this point; he'll have settled somewhere with what's left of his fellow Asgardians.

Natasha, Clint and Fury, in addition to Maria Hill - these are the oddballs; none of them really serve a purpose anymore, but they're not all going to be taken out. I suspect (either) Clint or Natasha to make it; especially as there are plans for a Black Widow / Superheroine film in the pipeline (though it's more than possible this could be a prequel).

Vision, another toughie; it's obvious he's going to lose his stone, it's just what he becomes without it. Even if he does die, because of his nature, it's possible Wanda can resurrect him.

Ant Man, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Wanda and (most of) the Guardians are all safe I'd say, though I fear a little for Drax & Nebula; I can see one (or both) of their stories wrapping up due to their connection to Thanos.

I think Rhodes will be safe; he had a spot of bad luck in Civil War, and it would be a bit daft to kill him off here - they had there chance and didn't take it. If Tony does die too, I honestly can't see Rhodes taking over as Ironman - instead I just think they'll retire that element (iron suits) from the MCU, with the exception of the Iron Spider at least. Pretty sure Stephen Strange will remain alive, but until they develop the magic angle of the MCU, I don't suppose there's much call for a sequel with him, and I can see the character being somewhat reduced to supporting, either to appear in Avengers 5, or to cohabit a future film with someone else.

To summarise, Loki, Nebula, Drax, and Fury are (in my mind) the most likely, followed by Clint, Natasha, Tony & Steve. This'll be over the course of the two films too, not necessarily Avengers 3 / Infinity War.
                        sigpic

Comment

OMG this looks awesome!

Comment

Daaaaaamn.

Comment

I've been burnt out on superhero movies lately, I didn't even see the last few in the theatre, but dang that's getting me pumped up.

Comment

Working...
                              X