Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Destiny be saved with Avenger 3.0 and Beachhead supergates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Destiny be saved with Avenger 3.0 and Beachhead supergates?

I tried to find out a way how the SGC and Atlantis could rescue the crew of Destiny with the known technology from all 3 shows :

Dr. Carter and Dr. McKay knows that the Destiny has gone through the Pegasus galaxy, so they create a new version of Avengers (v3.0) program (from SG-1 7x07 Avenger 2.0) to infect the Pegasus gate system. They wanted to locate all the potential gates in the system, because they hoped that maybe not all of the Universe type of gates were collected when the Ancients arrived to create their newest gate system (the P-gates). And they were right, so they can finally study the actual old U-gate on an abadonned planet by a group of scientists.

McKay, Carter and Zelenka believe that they could track the path of Destiny through the numerous galaxies if they could infect all the U-gates with the Avenger virus even without the DHDs, so virtually the U-gates would dial each other, so they could always map all the short ranged U-gates in every galaxy really quickly without a KINO. They can not count on the help or the datebase of the Destiny as they are in their sleep chambers for years now. McKay still believes that the small ranged U-gates are capable of transfering materials in the memory of the gate without opening an active wormhole as his plan worked with the intergalactic gate bridge before. His plan is that instead of flying on the board of Odyssey after Destiny, they will use the established U-gate systems.

So Vala and Daniel goes to the Ori galaxy to speak with Tommin to create more supergates. Unfortunately since the Ori and Adria have died they are not able to build more ZPMs, Ori ships or supergates. In spite of the efforts the locals still believe the Tauri and the Milky way is a threat to them so Daniel starts a successfull negotiation to take apart at least the current working supergate on their end and send back the gate pieces to the Milky way through their on small stargates, so the connection between the galaxies would be broken forever. The parts of the supergate in Milky way are also gathered and sent to the Pegasus galaxy through the newly rebuilt Carter-McKay intergalactic gate bridge 2.0.

The Odyssey flies the edge of the Pegasus galaxy where they build the first supergate, they dial in the next galaxy with a careful calculation to reach any potential U-gates there, then send through the second supergate pieces. They manage to make the jump wormhole to the supergate, so the Odyssey can fly through. Before the wormhole disconnects they make the wormhole jump back to the normal P-gate at the starting site and they send the supergate pieces after them.

So that is where the new adventure starts. The Odyssey will alway map the local gate network with the Avengers 3.0, so they can quickly send sets of supergates in the gate's memory at the edge of the new galaxy. Then they build a new supergate again, dial in to the next galaxy with U-gate to U-gate send the pieces of the second supergaste pieces through then wait and collect the first supergate pieces again and so on.

This way the Odyssey could cross a few hundreds galaxies in a few years time. Pick up the Destiny and go back. But that is an other story for later...

I know this idea is a bit forced, but I always imagined the rescue of Destiny with the help of SG-1 and Atlantis while they are using their own logic and the established gate system protocols.

The only things which are not so clear that there were 2 different type of supergates in SG-1:
    1. first in 9x06 Beachhead which pieces were fit through the startgate
    2. second in 9x20 Camelot which pieces were much larger
    so obviously I was talking about the first one in my idea. There must be a limitation of how many can be build by the Ori galaxy, so I believe it would be wise to accept that they won't be able to produce more without the guidance of the Ori masters.

It is also not clear how these supergates were working. Sometimes they said it need a black hole on both end, sometimes just one end, because it is so energy consuming to dial a galaxy from an other galaxy. We know that wormholes can jump like in Pegasus project. But it would be nice to introduce a technology where you could make the wormhole jumps at the starting and/or at the arriving site. I am just a fan, so I am sure the official writers can find a believable solution (like from Asgard database).
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

I don't really think such a huge operation would be worth it. I'd prefer if the Destiny personnel accepts their state as their mission and any connection will forever be one-way.

Comment

It was just an idea like a mini fan fiction how the SGC could save the expedition with the help of other gate systems. If the communication stones could work in real time from that distance then they can introduce some new dialing technologies for the supergates / normal gates.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Maybe it would be easier to Gate something smaller, like a few puddle-jumpers, or Wraith darts.

I love the idea of using something like the Avenger virus to speed the mapping part up.

Plus, it's not inconceivable that some alien ship small enough to Gate could also jump between galaxies with its own hyperdrive.

Comment

I was thinking on the puddle jumpers, but how would you put in 70-80 people? Maybe they could miniaturize the Hammond...

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            I was thinking on the puddle jumpers, but how would you put in 70-80 people? Maybe they could miniaturize the Hammond...
            Dart beam tech. If you take the device out of the dart it would fit in a jumper.

Comment

That is a good idea. Thanks.

By the way, why have they not offered animals for feeding to the Wraith? I know it is not the best solution, but some cloned/breeded alien animals could be consumed for life energy, so they wouldn't hurt the people anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                That is a good idea. Thanks.

By the way, why have they not offered animals for feeding to the Wraith? I know it is not the best solution, but some cloned/breeded alien animals could be consumed for life energy, so they wouldn't hurt the people anymore.
                The Wraith already have access to animals. If they could survive off of them, they would since their diminishing human food source has led to a lot of problems for them.

My guess as to why only humans will do is that it is tied to their hybrid biology. Other Wraith and humans are a potential food source because they are biologically similar. By hybridizing they have inadvertently boxed themselves into a reliance on a single food source.

Although, it seems to me that their transformation is ongoing and that as they continue to feed on humans they continue to grow closer toward them, so it's possible that one day they will get to a point where they can survive off actual, edible food as adults and perhaps even lose the ability to siphon one's life force. The watered down retrovirus that Michael used is perhaps a window into their future.

Comment

Well... I always wanted to see an SG:A episode where they could show us how the Ancients has met with the Iratus bugs. That could explain while all Queen looks the same. Maybe she was the first infected Ancient lady.

Just an interesting thing what happened when people eats people :
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)
                  So maybe the Wraith has got a similar illness. So they should try some animals.

Comment

According to the pilot, the Wraith came about from the Ancients seeding worlds with humans:

In time, a thousand worlds bore the fruit of life in this form. Then one day our people stepped foot upon a dark world where a terrible enemy slept. Never before had we encountered beings with powers that rivaled our own. In our over-confidence, we were unprepared and outnumbered. The enemy fed upon defenseless human worlds like a great scourge until finally only Atlantis remained.
                    So apparently the Wraith developed in isolation on a human populated world. After some length of time, the Ancients returned there and found the Wraith who somehow escaped into the wider galaxy like a scourge.

Also the Wraith aren't humans who were infected by the iratus bug and transformed into a hybrid species. They're iratus bugs who hybridized the more they fed on humans:

BECKETT: Well, if he's telling the truth, it might be the answer to a very puzzling question. Right now, our best guess is that the Wraith evolved from the iratus bug.

BECKETT: Trust me, I know. We speculated that they evolved into the Wraith when they began to take on the characteristics of the humans they were feeding on.
                    -Instinct (2x07)

This is later confirmed when Michael's experiments produce a primitive version of the Wraith who were more iratus bug than human:

TEYLA: If it was indeed a Wraith experiment, perhaps it was created by combining the genetic elements of the iratus bug with the Taranans.

McKAY: Which is, as we know, exactly how the Wraith evolved. I mean, iratus bug bites human, human D.N.A. mixes with theirs, a thousand years go by, Wraith.

In the lab, a Taranan male is strapped to the bed. He screams as an iratus bug latches onto his throat and feeds. Michael stands nearby, watching impassively.

MICHAEL (voiceover): I allowed the bug to gorge itself, to absorb as much human D.N.A. as possible. This, of course, led to the death of the subject.

(Michael carries the man's body into the room next to the lab and dumps it onto several other bodies already there, then returns to the lab.)

MICHAEL (voiceover): The timing of the feeding was critical -- ensuring that the bug laid its next egg quickly, before the genetic material could filter out of its body.

(Several large white soft eggs are on the table. Michael puts a syringe into a vial and siphons up some liquid. Tapping the syringe and then squirting some liquid out to remove any air, he injects the rest of the liquid into one of the eggs.)

MICHAEL (voiceover): The embryo then contained enough human D.N.A. for me to manipulate.

(Some time later, he goes into the cocoon room and inspects the cocoons.)

MICHAEL (voiceover): I accelerated the development, augmenting the complexity of its physiology. There were several adjustments, several mistakes ...
                    -Vengence (3x19).

Comment

i don't thing is going to work, you would need at least one ZPM to cross between two galaxys, so you would need tones of ZPM's because you just can't take ZPM with you through the gates because it's powering the connection.

Comment

Not just that, but do we even know if the SGU gates do a correlative update for Avenger to manipulate?

Comment

My original idea was that they could map the current galaxies with a new avengers program which were visited by gate seeding ships or the Destiny in the past, while the rescue team goes quickly after them on a spaceship. They dial in to the new galaxy, they send the supergate pieces, change the wormhole from normal wormhole to the supergate, they fly in, mapping the new galaxy then dial in to the next galaxy etc. Theoratically they should have access to the Destiny's logs. So they should know all the visit planets / gates coordinates. So that is how imagined a conclusion movie to the SG:U while they could use all the SG-1/Atlantis/Universe technologies.

We know that gates can dial each other to synchronize themselves in the local gate systems. - see the episode Avengers. We also know that material can "travel" in the gate memory without creating a kawoosh in the middle point, so instead of 2 gates call each other, you can extend their ransge. Technically normal MW worked within the galaxy, so every gate can call every gate. When they have built the McKay-Carter intergalactic gate bridge then thy had to use 39 gates, but if I remember well they had to place them closer to each other. But if we accept the maximum distance then it means there must be at least 30+ galaxy sized empty space between the two galaxies. Which sounds realistic as they still needed 3 weeks to travel with ftl drives.

But it is only a scifi show. If the stones could work from such a distance, some clever gate expert SG writers can solve the distance problems.

Comment

You forget the reason that the gates here in the MW do those correlative updates is cause of the SIZE of our galaxy and that any gate in our galaxy can dial any other. From what we know of the SGU gates, they ONLY ever dial a few others... Period.

Additionally, How would you get a small gate to DIAL into a super gate, let alone MAKE one?

Comment

Originally posted by BlowitUpistus View Post
                              You forget the reason that the gates here in the MW do those correlative updates is cause of the SIZE of our galaxy and that any gate in our galaxy can dial any other. From what we know of the SGU gates, they ONLY ever dial a few others... Period.
                              Yes, I know, just read the starting post... But it means a small ship or the pieces of the supergate could still travel in the gate memory (without the DHDs). So they infect the planted SG:U gatesystem with avengers, what will map the possible gates in the galaxy, then they rebuild the supergate. The main reason I wanted to use supergates to connect the distance between two galaxies, so they don't have to spend time in empty space....

Originally posted by BlowitUpistus View Post
                              Additionally, How would you get a small gate to DIAL into a super gate, let alone MAKE one?
                              They have got the Asgard database and Atlantis, so maybe they will find out a new dialing sequence. Who knows? Maybe a supergate kawoosh can be jumped back to normal gates, what could cover the energy need to dial an other galaxy without a ZPM.

Not to mention if a 9 chevron address could immediately reach Destiny then they should find a reason how could they use the 9 chevron addresses for the rescue. Anyway I am just a fan, so I am sure Brad Wright /Martin Gero / R. Cooper could have found out something more exciting.

"The universe is infinite."

Comment

Working...
                              X