Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing fanfiction that is downloaded

Hi,

With the amount of old skool websites disappearing (sadly not everything on the internet stays forever), I'm currently in the proces of downloading fanfiction from all over the place, in any format. I'm probably not the only person who has their own private archive, to use for e-readers and such. Are there other readers/writers who are willing to share their archives? Via dropbox, google drive etc. Or any other means?

I'm mostly interested in sam/jack and Teamfic

Beliskner

I don't generally share because I often edit (get rid of every occurrence of the name "Danny", for example), so what I keep for myself isn't exactly what the author wrote.

I do know others will share, on a fic by fic basis.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I have my things on a blog, livejournal or on my deviantart account, there they are safe. Maybe you could try that to stash you fics.

But I keep a copy of them on my PC or print them out even

Comment

Public sharing is kinda frowned upon. becaues, well the authors put their stuff where they wanted it. And, in some cases, people have older downloaded fic that the author pulled off the net for whatever reason, so to share it on a site would be rude and definitely going against the author’s wishes.

Folks have privately shared fic, which I really have no issue with. It’s the whole reposting without permission that crosses a line.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I wish more of the archive owners (e.g., Heliopolis) were able to work with AO3 to preserve the archive.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
          X