No announcement yet.

Reign (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Winn/Lena relationship would have been actually...natural. I think they had some chemistry between each other. Jimmy just...he's not true to the character at all so he's just a stock character which makes him out of place. Nothing Jimmy can quite work out that well. They really should have gone with someone...smaller...and quirkier.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      But I don't get this:
      Well, I get it, Andrew Kreisberg being the sexist and misogynist d-wad he is, he couldn't let Lena have a female love interest, more so, he had to tie her to a male love interest just to shut up the people who were shipping "wrong".
      Why does it make a difference if lena hooks up with a male or a female?
      The thing is with these "Why does it make a difference" questions is that you have to add, at least mentally a "to whom".

In this case to Andrew Kreisberg. It meant to him, because he had problems with people imagining that Kara and Lena could be in a romantic relationship. He did his best to erase these thoughts. Like the whole ComicCon incident this year when they started to hammer into people's heads that Kara and Lena are "only friends".

And if that wasn't enough, they needed to insert a male love interest into her life, to deliver the message to the most thick headed, that she is heterosexual and there's no was any romance can happen between the two women. Too bad they wanted to hit two birds with one stone, and and give something to James to do beside standing in the background being the token character of color in a CW show.
      sigpic

Comment

To be honest, the entire "James" character is and has been a sham from day 1. Jimmy Olsen was the cub reporter sidekick to Lois Lane and Clark Kent at the Daily Planet. Even granting the move to another city, it's hard to see how they get the current character out of the source character.

Comment

Just curious...if "ships" annoy so many of you...why is that the element you focus on? I tend to ignore things I don't like...but that's just me.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            Just curious...if "ships" annoy so many of you...why is that the element you focus on? I tend to ignore things I don't like...but that's just me.
            I usually either like a "ship" or they just don't affect me in any way. So I'm that one who focuses on those other elements. But this one, they pulled out of their a- I mean hats, really, really rubs me the wrong way. As much as that from now on I'm just gonna watch the excerpts on YouTube until they change their minds...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
              I usually either like a "ship" or they just don't affect me in any way. So I'm that one who focuses on those other elements. But this one, they pulled out of their a- I mean hats, really, really rubs me the wrong way. As much as that from now on I'm just gonna watch the excerpts on YouTube until they change their minds...
              It is rare that a relationship on a show makes me feel negatively about the show. I just watch "around" the "ship." If you think about it...sometimes...relationships IRL seem pulled out of someone's a- I mean hat!
              sigpic

Comment

It is rare that a relationship on a show makes me feel negatively about the show. I just watch "around" the "ship." If you think about it...sometimes...relationships IRL seem pulled out of someone's a- I mean hat!
                You're right about that!
                But no it's not the "ship" per se, it's the whole concept behind it, the whole message they want to send. More so the whole example they show the young girls who watch it for female role models.
                sigpic

Comment

You're right about that!
                  But no it's not the "ship" per se, it's the whole concept behind it, the whole message they want to send. More so the whole example they show the young girls who watch it for female role models.
                  Personally...I just don't know where James and Lena's smooch came from. James always had some distrust of Lena because she's a Luthor. Now, all of the sudden, he's performing a tonsillectomy on her in his office. Maybe it was the alcohol?
                  sigpic

Comment

Personally...I just don't know where James and Lena's smooch came from. James always had some distrust of Lena because she's a Luthor. Now, all of the sudden, he's performing a tonsillectomy on her in his office. Maybe it was the alcohol?
                    It just came naturally. At least according to the producers:

sigpic

Comment

Yeah...right...

Not to mention he was acting as her personal body guard all episode. It just all seemed out of character for him.
                      sigpic

Comment

LtColCarter It's kinda hard to ignore it when they're constantly bashing you over the head with it They don't do subtle very well

As for James, Kara and Sam didn't stop until they found out the truth of what happened. Morgan Edge was involved, that should have been enough for the alarm bells to go off. But James just assumed again, like he always does when a Luthor is involved. He had the perfect opportunity to oust Lena from Catco and he tried to take it. Now they really expect us to believe they have feelings for one another? When did that happen in between mistrust? These guys messed up with Karamel and they're doing it all over again with Lames (very suitable name) It makes no sense other than they are trying to find something for James to do on the show since being Kara's love interest was dropped because it wasn't "dramatic enough" and the Guardian was just awfully done and seems to have taken a backseat to keep jeremiah and Winn's girlfriend company
                        sigpic

Comment

That struck my funny bone

Yeah...right...

Not to mention he was acting as her personal body guard all episode. It just all seemed out of character for him.
                          And out of character for Lena "I've never stood behind a man" Luthor. She's not a damsel in distress
                          sigpic

Comment

Kinda like the pebble that gets caught in your shoe.. So intrusive, you just can't ignore it.

Comment

And you like to complain
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X