Twice Upon A Time (2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    It breaks character man. Hartnell's doctor was a product of his time, and not only that, he was the youngest doctor. To give him the sensibilities of -any- doctor from NuWho would be wrong, especially Capaldi's doctor, who has lived over a thousand years longer.
    Additionally, they are not "continuing" Hartnell's doctor, they are taking a slice of his life out just before regeneration and at that time, he had shown no "modern' morality or more's. You have to stay true to the character at the time.
    Why not simply retcon that part of his personality? I found it amusing though. It's like you go back to a younger phase of your life when you were in a...phase and felt embarrassed that you ever acted like that. It's quite simply possible that the young doctor for whatever reason felt cool with those kind of things and why he didn't venture beyond those points in time where anything else would matter. Also, I've never been a fan of the idea that progression is linear, that societies never scale back or that a technologically advanced society isn't capable of closed minded beliefs. All of those ideas are rather...colonial/imperialist rubbish if you ask me.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

I only caught the last 10 minutes so what I saw was a bit huh? but I do like what I saw of the new doctor, must make time to watch it all soon, although I did get a dejavu moment when she fell out at the end.

Comment

That did kinda take one out of the moment. Her tenth like "Brilliant" as well (But that one was worth it).
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

To be fair every Doctor since 10 has mangled the TARDIS during a regeneration.... The poor girl has probably had enough of this and decided throwing the Doctor out was the only course of action.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            To be fair every Doctor since 10 has mangled the TARDIS during a regeneration.... The poor girl has probably had enough of this and decided throwing the Doctor out was the only course of action.
            Head canon accepted.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I like that explanation too. "Nope, no more. Out you go!"
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

He is supposed to be Hartnell's doctor, with the same sensibilities displayed by Hartnell during his tenure as the Doctor, it would make no sense for him to suddenly change his behaviour.

I agree!
                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  Why not simply retcon that part of his personality? I found it amusing though. It's like you go back to a younger phase of your life when you were in a...phase and felt embarrassed that you ever acted like that. It's quite simply possible that the young doctor for whatever reason felt cool with those kind of things and why he didn't venture beyond those points in time where anything else would matter. Also, I've never been a fan of the idea that progression is linear, that societies never scale back or that a technologically advanced society isn't capable of closed minded beliefs. All of those ideas are rather...colonial/imperialist rubbish if you ask me.
                  Dude, the fact it is going back to "then" is why it should NOT be retconned, it's where the doctor was THEN Vs where the doctor is NOW.
                  As for society. it's irrelevant, the doctor is not part of time lord society so their failures have no bearing on the doctor.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Dude, the fact it is going back to "then" is why it should NOT be retconned, it's where the doctor was THEN Vs where the doctor is NOW.
                    As for society. it's irrelevant, the doctor is not part of time lord society so their failures have no bearing on the doctor.
                    Was he raised by wolves?
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Was he raised by wolves?
                      No, but he has stayed away from TL society for most of his life, oftentimes -because- the Doctor viewed it as regressive and puffed up pomp and circumstance.
                      sigpic

Comment

Doctor 10 mentioned a couple of times having a family back home and his parents. I am pretty sure he had his own children back on Galifrey too but for whatever reason abandoned them.

Comment

No, but he has stayed away from TL society for most of his life, oftentimes -because- the Doctor viewed it as regressive and puffed up pomp and circumstance.
                          As opposed to his sexism? But I think you missed my point point early on.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Doctor 10 mentioned a couple of times having a family back home and his parents. I am pretty sure he had his own children back on Galifrey too but for whatever reason abandoned them.
                          Well, he does have a granddaughter.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

I didn't miss it, the doctor was written that way at the time, he died that way as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

[COLOR="#000080"]

That would be Susan the forgotten companion..... He chucked her out the TARDIS and left her

Comment

Which means he must have had at least one child of his own, not including 'Jenny'.
                                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Working...
                                X