No announcement yet.

LOTR TV Series coming to Amazon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're moving the filming of this to the UK for the 2nd season, will be interesting to see how that affects the landscape

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Looks as if it is well made.. hopefully NOT a CGI mess like the HOBBIT was

thing about the source material for this time frame is their is NOT a lot of source material. this gives the show runners much room to carve out a big story within the sketch that Tolkien did write

i'd say the First scene with the harbor, is either in Numenor or maybe one of the Elven ports of Gil-Galad or Cirdan in Eregion

don't think it would be on Tol Eressea or Valinor as those would be much grander

the characters can literally be anyone based on the lack of source material, but i know we have Galadriel and Celebrimbor- he may be the guy climbing with the Stars of Feanor on each shoulder

some "whiners" on youtube-- the FANDOM MENACE types have been complaining for a long time about things like non white actors and stuff like Galadriel in Armor

well, Non white characters are an issue as Tolkien set his stories based on Old Northern Europe, but I really do not see it as a big deal

as for Galadriel in armor-- this is where the fandom menace types show their actual lack of depth in Tolkien knowledge

I believe it is in the LOTR's appendices or perhaps one of the history of middle earth books where there is a passage that states "Galadriel and Celebrimbor and their people FOUGHT together against the forces of Sauron..."

so, looks good to me.. but who knows? maybe it will be crap.. but i'd defi say IGNORE all the "expert" fandom menace types of YT

Comment

God I love it when people judge a TV series on less than one minutes worth of clips... haha

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            God I love it when people judge a TV series on less than one minutes worth of clips... haha
            ???? you must not be seeing all the doomsayers that have had nothing but hate for this show from the day it was announced YEARS AGO!

What i wrote is mainly in response to them as I just figured you, like so many others, have also seen their negativity and not wanting to be able to give the show a chance

my comments are just a bit of an "Answer" to their ridiculousness

there IS A LOT for the show runners to "fill in" in this show as there is so little source material-- the "fandom" which, imo, are ANYTHING BUT fans? Most of them do not know this

when the show announced as just 'lotr's, they all jumped on it like it would be a remake of the jackson movies and ignored that it was set in the 2nd age. "whats the 2nd age? many of them said!! yeah.. LOL... defi NOT fans!

my comments above are to them through anyone here who knows of 1- their whining and 2- the Tolkien source material and just how 'loose' it is for this time period. So much can be written into the story WITHOUT taking awy or chaing what HAS been written

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qysw8A_ssRc

https://youtu.be/U4ud6M1kF_M?t=295

Comment

I stopped looking at comments a long time ago, only go to them from time to time for a chuckle... Must admit I have a basic knowledge of this time period so I'm mostly going in blind and looking forward to it

Comment

Thoughts on the first two episodes?

Comment

I really liked the first season overall . I kind of loved what they did with Sauron. There were a few things I didn’t like (namely Galadriel’s characterization and I thought the Southland characters were boring), but for me, the good far outweighed the bad. I hate that the next season probably won’t be out for another 2 yrs
                  sigpic

Comment

I loved it -- from start to finish.

The music, the world building, the props, the costumes, the acting, the stories, the races, ... the intro... oh my goddess, how I love that intro.

Also... errm... Galadriel... ...hook, line and sinker.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I loved the score, the visuals, Sauron, Nori and Poppy (their friendship reminded me of a mix of Frodo and Sam and Merry and Pippen), Nori and the Stranger’s friendship, Elrond and Durin (and Disa).
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                        ...Durin (and Disa).
                        Durin had me in stitches half the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Durin had me in stitches half the time.
                          I love when he lied to the elves about that table lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                            I love when he lied to the elves about that table lol
                            ... that was brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                            X