• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake Up (307)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON THREE
    WAKE UP
    EPISODE NUMBER - 307
    The discovery of an alien ship crashed deep beneath National City leads to more shocking revelations when Mon-El is found on board. As Kara tries to reconnect with him, J'onn helps his father take his first steps outside of the confines D.E.O. Elsewhere, Samantha sets out on a personal quest to discover the source of her powers.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 November 2017, 08:04 PM.

Man they're really putting the Danvers sisters through the wringer this season. So it was the Legion ship. Winn said it's been buried for 12,000 years? How did it get stuck down there for that long? Also, with them being in stasis pods does that stop them from aging and more or less freezes time for them? Much like the Phantom zone done for Kara?

As much as I really dislike Mon-El and his relationship with Kara I have some sympathy for what the Karamel shippers had to go through in this ep, most of them knowing he was coming back and not knowing about Imra. And to have Mon-El kiss her in front of Kara was a [censored]ty thing to do. It appears he didn't learn much, he still lies to her. He shouldn't have kept stringing her along giving her hope. He also should have given Kara her Mothers necklace back.

The Sam stuff is becoming interesting, but I'm sad she has to become Reign as I like Sam very much. This is gonna destroy her daughter. I kinda hope that Kara, Alex and Lena will be there for Ruby. So I called it on Sam not being able to control Reign. She is an unwilling participant. For me this is one of the best storylines this season so far.

Okay so how awesome is J'onn's father. He's adorable. I hope we see more of him this season
    sigpic

Comment

J'onn's father was the highlight of the episode for me!

Looking forward to what will happen with Reign.

Comment

I had a feeling that Sam wouldn't have any control over becoming Reign. I wonder if they can bring Sam back or if she's gone for good
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          As much as I really dislike Mon-El and his relationship with Kara I have some sympathy for what the Karamel shippers had to go through in this ep, most of them knowing he was coming back and not knowing about Imra. And to have Mon-El kiss her in front of Kara was a [censored]ty thing to do. It appears he didn't learn much, he still lies to her. He shouldn't have kept stringing her along giving her hope. He also should have given Kara her Mothers necklace back.
          I still think they might pair Kara and Alex, so I wasn't surprised that they presented Mon-El as unavailable. But if they do intend on re-pairing Kara and Mon-El, do you really think the bonds of matrimony would even give the writers pause? That means nothing.

On to more important BS. What is this nonsense about a Kryptonian not developing powers on Earth till they attain maturity, puberty or whatever? Does no one remember in the 1978 film, after Clark's pod crashes into the field and the Kents pick him up? Their pickup has a flat tire and baby Superman picks up the back of the truck?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            I still think they might pair Kara and Alex, so I wasn't surprised that they presented Mon-El as unavailable. But if they do intend on re-pairing Kara and Mon-El, do you really think the bonds of matrimony would even give the writers pause? That means nothing.

On to more important BS. What is this nonsense about a Kryptonian not developing powers on Earth till they attain maturity, puberty or whatever? Does no one remember in the 1978 film, after Clark's pod crashes into the field and the Kents pick him up? Their pickup has a flat tire and baby Superman picks up the back of the truck?
            I've not seen anything in the interactions with Kara/Alex to indicate anything remotely romantic

I think the writers have backed themselves into a corner with the marriage. I don't think they'd taint Supergirls image by having her get involved with a married man. Unless Imra either turns evil or dies I don't see any future for Karamel

Could it be because she was manufactured and they designed her to activate at a specific time? But having a child delayed the transformation
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Could it be because she was manufactured and they designed her to activate at a specific time? But having a child delayed the transformation
              Is there some explanation elsewhere in the franchise?

I've pretty much only watched the 1960's TV series and the movies starting in 1978. I haven't had time to read comic books since my late teens, and the 80's/90's TV series, Smallville or some such. Or was it Lois & Clark? Anyway, they were basically high school, and I got sick and tired of that environment when I was in high school.

Comment

That was Smallville.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Is there some explanation elsewhere in the franchise?

I've pretty much only watched the 1960's TV series and the movies starting in 1978. I haven't had time to read comic books since my late teens, and the 80's/90's TV series, Smallville or some such. Or was it Lois & Clark? Anyway, they were basically high school, and I got sick and tired of that environment when I was in high school.
                  I have no idea. I never read the comics so don't know her story
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X