• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lethe (106)

Visit the Episode GuideSTAR TREK: DISCOVERY - SEASON ONE
    LETHE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 106
    After Sarek is gravely injured in deep space Michael uses their telepathic connection to try and find him -- facing the demons of her own past along the way. Admiral Cornwell's visit to Discovery leads to a confrontation with Lorca.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 October 2017, 08:49 AM.

Ok now we're getting somewhere. A great character piece with growth for Burnham. Some revelations about Sarek which if anything help flesh him out as a character and may even give further insight into why the relationship between him and Spock is so strained (Not just because Spock chose against his wishes but because in so doing his shame over Burnham led to nothing). And all that with characters who all had something to contribute, giving a much better sense that the show has the opportunity to be an ensemble piece.

Stamets once again surprised me in this one. I found him annoying at first but this attitude adjustment has really grown on me. Tilly at the same time seems a bit more toned down and while still keeping how likeable she is you are starting to see that officer potential in her.

Liking Ash Tyler, though I'm reckoning more now that he is a Klingon. But at the same time I kind of hope not because he comes across as a very genuine guy... though the best spies do.

Lorca intrigues me. In this ep he gave off this sense of being very Captain like to his crew. More so than previously, but... I'm thinking that where the Admiral thought that it was his experiences that have made him a changed man, it is something deeper than that.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

So the holodeck has been invented a few decades before thought?
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
        So the holodeck has been invented a few decades before thought?
        They never said in any of the TNG shows that holography didn't exist before hand. Only that it was more realistic than they had ever seen before, including smells and the way things feel.

It'd be unreasonable to assume given our current VR technology that it wouldn't have advanced to a point to where they're at in Discovery.

Comment

In TOS there was no holodeck?
          "You don't know half of it".
          Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
          (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
            In TOS there was no holodeck?
            Nope. Or they were never mentioned anyway. There was a holographic room in the Animated series but that was merely referred to as 'the recreation room'. In the Voyager episode 'Flashback' It's mentioned that there were no holodecks on Federation starships prior to the late 24th Century.

Comment

It was a really dark character twist for Lorca to sacrifice his lover admiral. He could have rescued her, but then suddenly he was waiting for orders from the Starfleet and he was hoping she will die quickly in Klingon captivity. Wow.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
              X