I can't remember a movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember a movie

I need a little help, a long time ago, I saw a movie where almost all the men died out and the women took over, cloning was the only way to keep up the population, only females were allowed to be cloned because males would die because of the disease, and men were too violent, but a female scientist cloned a male and believed that she could remove the aggression from the male gender by altering its DNA, the boys growth was accelerated and she took him to the woods to raise him along with a friend of hers.

the surviving males were used by the elite in secret brothels for their own pleasure.

the boy grew to a teen ager, 18-20+, and went to town where he got caught and taken to one of the brothels, he escaped and went to a male underground.

he eventually got caught and taken to a lab where the head scientist wanted to keep women in power so she infected him with the plague, there was no cure, and he eventually dies from the plague, but one of the women he was with got pregnant with another male baby, and it ends there.

I haven't ben able to find the name of this movie any where and I can't remember where I saw it, I think either HBO or TBS, maybe, does any one else remember this movie?

I searched google for it and came up with "The Last Man on Planet Earth" Here is the IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0193283/
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
      I searched google for it and came up with "The Last Man on Planet Earth" Here is the IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0193283/
      YES, THAT'S IT, thanks, I just could not remember the name.

Comment

You're welcome. The blurb kind of reminds me of a reverse of "The Handmaid's Tale"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
          You're welcome. The blurb kind of reminds me of a reverse of "The Handmaid's Tale"
          it reminds me of the graphic novel Y: the last man, it is an amazing read, it is sort of similar to this story, except, we don't know what killed all the males and it didn't just kill human males, it killed ALL those who had a Y chromosome, and it happened at the EXACT TIME all around the world, I won't say any more about it, but I can't give this series of books a high enough rating, on a scale of 1-10, it is a definite 9-1/2.

Comment

Also reminds me of a story I read once about a society of women that had somehow got rid of all the men. They had kept/cloned some sperm, all with X chromosomes, of course. It wasn't foolproof, however, so one woman gave birth to a boy. Can't remember anything more about the story, except that the baby boy's mother got the final line and said 'I will call her Helena'. Does it ring any bells?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              Also reminds me of a story I read once about a society of women that had somehow got rid of all the men. They had kept/cloned some sperm, all with X chromosomes, of course. It wasn't foolproof, however, so one woman gave birth to a boy. Can't remember anything more about the story, except that the baby boy's mother got the final line and said 'I will call her Helena'. Does it ring any bells?
              not to me.

Comment

Working...
              X