• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggers (302)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON THREE
    TRIGGERS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 302
    Kara faces her deepest fears when she takes on a psychically powered thief wreaking havoc on National City. Elsewhere Samantha Arias's daughter Ruby tries to put her mother's powers to the test, and Lena Luther clashes with the Catco staff when she takes control.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 October 2017, 10:01 PM.

Psi was a cool baddie. And i liked Lena's dressing down of Kara..
    Other than that, i felt it was just a so-so episode.
    AND WHAT IS IT where kids can do the damndest screwed up thing, disobeying parents etc, but the second they are in trouble, mom/dad comes to the rescue and dotes on them, practically completely forgetting about the stupid stuff the kid did?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      AND WHAT IS IT where kids can do the damndest screwed up thing, disobeying parents etc, but the second they are in trouble, mom/dad comes to the rescue and dotes on them, practically completely forgetting about the stupid stuff the kid did?
      Yes. And when the kid is safe and at home, then ground them until they are grandparents.
      sigpic

Comment

Good grief Manchild is gone, this self pity is tiresome. Get over it already. I was quite enjoying the ep till that nonsense cropped up. I really thought it was all about her losing her planet and everyone she knew but again they had to make it all about Manchild again. Even when he's not even on the planet any more it's all about him, can't we at least enjoy a few eps before his inevitable return? At this rate i'll end up fast forwarding more than watching

Lena however is always awesome. Katie McGrath is amazing. Hell her alone is enough to watch the show. She sure saved the show for me anyways. So glad she didn't let Kara get away with the way she was acting. Someone needed to make her get a grip. It was fun seeing Lena and James butting heads, but they better not be hinting at a blosoming romance here. She deserves someone that trusts and respects her. Things are getting interesting with Sam
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          Yes. And when the kid is safe and at home, then ground them until they are grandparents.
          Based on a # of families i've known over the years, there's little likely hood of grounding..

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Good grief Manchild is gone, this self pity is tiresome. Get over it already. I was quite enjoying the ep till that nonsense cropped up. I really thought it was all about her losing her planet and everyone she knew but again they had to make it all about Manchild again. Even when he's not even on the planet any more it's all about him, can't we at least enjoy a few eps before his inevitable return?
          It is certainly getting annoying..

Comment

So did no one notice the big hole in the lift?

Also, do they not know what professionalism is at the DEO? Kara/Mon-El had a domestic last season in the middle of the DEO. Alex/Maggie had a domestic in the middle of the DEO. There's a time and place for that. In the middle of your workplace is not it. There seem to be no consequences at the DEO. Going rogue, disobeying direct orders, domestic arguments. You can get away with pretty much anything there
            Last edited by Linda06; 18 October 2017, 12:49 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Also, do they not know what professionalism is at the DEO? Kara/Mon-El had a domestic last season in the middle of the DEO. Alex/Maggie had a domestic in the middle of the DEO. There's a time and place for that. In the middle of your workplace is not it. There seem to be no consequences at the DEO. Going rogue, disobeying direct orders, domestic arguments. You can get away with pretty much anything there
              The whole DEO is a tissue-paper thin excuse to turn what was a single heroine into a "team" effort. Sorta like the attempt to reboot "Knight Rider" about 10 years ago. If you recall, the original was "Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world.", while the reboot was a team based effort.
              That fell on its face in one or two seasons, as I recall.

Comment

Sounds like a typical governmental organization then!

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                The whole DEO is a tissue-paper thin excuse to turn what was a single heroine into a "team" effort. Sorta like the attempt to reboot "Knight Rider" about 10 years ago. If you recall, the original was "Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world.", while the reboot was a team based effort.
                That fell on its face in one or two seasons, as I recall.
                Gerhhch.. Don't get me started on that craptastic reboot..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Gerhhch.. Don't get me started on that craptastic reboot..
                  Me either. I've got the box set for the original series, and it was superior in every way to the reboot. Even the semi-lane revival attempt was better.

The reboot wasn't even the same concept of a show. The original was Michael on his own, in the car provided by F.L.A.G. He had periodic contact with his handler, Devon Miles, and the female mechanic/technician who maintained KITT. Contrast that with the reboot, where you had 4-5 20-somethings all in constant communication with each other. It destroyed the character of the show, if you ask me.

But enough about trivial plot points. K.I.T.T. was a Pontiac Trans AM, not some P.O.S Ford.

Comment

True dat. And i LOVED the K.I.T.T vs Goliath storyline!

Comment

That bothers me the most about this show to be honest. Especially when you finish watching a show with a much more realistic take on Law Enforcement/Military and then watch an episode of this to see people in the super top secret high echelon government national security agency act with less professionalism than in The Office.

But I keep telling myself that this has more in common with 90's style TV and is a comic book show...which it does buy back some willful suspension of disbelief.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        That bothers me the most about this show to be honest. Especially when you finish watching a show with a much more realistic take on Law Enforcement/Military and then watch an episode of this to see people in the super top secret high echelon government national security agency act with less professionalism than in The Office.

But I keep telling myself that this has more in common with 90's style TV and is a comic book show...which it does buy back some willful suspension of disbelief.
                        I wonder if that's an extension of the unreasonable optimism so many of the young live and breathe. "Don't tell me I can't do what I want to because it doesn't make sense"

How many time in the business world have you seen some 20-something idiot, fresh out of business school come into a company and start trying to do stuff the old timers know doesn't work? They try it anyway, causing no end of grief for their companies.

This ignorance of the rules and consequences of a paramilitary or military organization is just more of that attitude. They don't want to hear that they can't do that and have it make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          I wonder if that's an extension of the unreasonable optimism so many of the young live and breathe. "Don't tell me I can't do what I want to because it doesn't make sense"

How many time in the business world have you seen some 20-something idiot, fresh out of business school come into a company and start trying to do stuff the old timers know doesn't work? They try it anyway, causing no end of grief for their companies.

This ignorance of the rules and consequences of a paramilitary or military organization is just more of that attitude. They don't want to hear that they can't do that and have it make sense.
                          I could have sworn you were describing your groovy generation there...

But that has more to do with CEO's all too willing to oblige. But I don't think that's what we are seeing.

I enjoy watching the show, I just have to turn off my brain in ways that I am not used to these days. The DEO is nothing more than the "team". The President and such don't really exist. And this is more of a live action comic book than anything else. Keeping that in mind, digesting some of these things is easier. I have noticed a few similarities with Arrow and Flash too. Legends' premise prevents this from being an issue all together.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X