This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Movie and TV show differences

1. Different actors for Daneil and Jack.

2. The Humans who were taken by the Goa'ulds on Abydos didnt speak english.

3. RA Jaffa dont have pouches to carry enfant Goa'uld symbiotes.

4.The Stargate did a big swirl after the big splash.

5. No teal'c and Samantha

6.Catherine is played by a different old lady

7.There is no PHD on Abydos.

8. Colonel Oneil is alot more Muscular and too serious, He has a Buzz cut.

9. When RA was Vaporized by the Nuclear bomb they showed him in Unas form,Does this mean the original Idea was that the Goa'uld were not Snake heads?

10. No Iris

11. General Hammond has hair (j/k)
    The Egyptian Cat God .

Originally posted by Bast
    1. Different actors for Daneil and Jack.

2. The Humans who were taken by the Goa'ulds on Abydos didnt speak english.

3. RA Jaffa dont have pouches to carry enfant Goa'uld symbiotes.

4.The Stargate did a big swirl after the big splash.

5. No teal'c and Samantha

6.Catherine is played by a different old lady

7.There is no PHD on Abydos.

8. Colonel Oneil is alot more Muscular and too serious, He has a Buzz cut.

9. When RA was Vaporized by the Nuclear bomb they showed him in Unas form,Does this mean the original Idea was that the Goa'uld were not Snake heads?

10. No Iris

11. General Hammond has hair (j/k)

some of the differences you mentioned actually have explanations.

2. Well presumably, the abydonians learned english from daniel while he was there.

3. Those weren't really jaffa, In COTG doesn't jack mention "those guys were definately human"(in reference to ra's warriors), when he see's the jaffa pouch.

4. I always thought the swirl popped out the back and then flattened out, just liek the kawoosh in the front. I also assumed it only happened the first time the gate was activated. Maybe it had to do some kind of special flushing because it was the first time being activated the dialing computer;P

5. Well, sam and teal'c joined the sgc later.

7. There's a PHD on abydos?

8. O'neil's experience on the first mission, gave him a fresh new perspective on life, you can see that at the end of the movie. Hairstyles can be changed.

10. The iris was installed during CoTG.

11. General Hammond wasn't even in the movie.

As for other differences, with some possible explanations

The name of Jack's son is different, it might be a nickname though.
    The stargate complex has a differnent name. The name could have actually had a name change in the year between the movie and show.
    O'neil had his name legally changed to O'neill.
    Sha'uri was changed to Sha're, and played by a different actress, or maybe Daniel got divorced and got married to Sha'uri's similar looking sister, Sha're.
    the chevron's are red in the show.
    the Abydos gate had different symbols in the movie.
    Abydos was located in a different galaxy.
    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Also one thing that I think that they should have kept in the TV show was that in the movie, when dialing out each symbol actualy had been 'locked' by a different Cheveron where as in the tv show, I noticed that only the top Cheveron (7) locks each symbol in turn.

Comment

Of course, there would be differences. They had to be made. Take this for example. The Lord of the Rings book is way different to the actual movie. It's just things that have to be done
        __

__

Comment

Have they already planned during the movie that they gonna also make a TV serie?
          Because they are many more differences you guys haven't mentioned yet. Just look at the technology. Does any other Goauld has such ones? Also the stuff weapon and the ring transportes were a bit different.
          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

They hadn't originally planned it, no but the demand was there for the movie so they begun shooting. Of course they had to change some things as does any. Yes, the technology has changed rapidly from something as simple as a staff weapon. The Gou'ald Ra was in less fancy clothing
            __

__

Comment

So was Goauld Ra so different from the others or htey just needed to change because of money. (I assume the technology and the effects are much cheaper in the serie then in the movie)

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

You are correct. I think the movie cost quite some money as then the technology was less advanced for us and more money had to be paid to get higher resolution tech. Then that has to be put on the show. Also, the props cost a lot more than people really think
                __

__

Comment

i also think the death gliders were different.

the ones in the series are capable of space flight but the ones in the movies looked like they had no roof so were designed for flight on a planet on not in space

the series didn't include what was found under the stargate but this was only seen on the DVD version so i guess it doesn't matter if that was cut out

sigpic

Comment

Were the death gliders different? I'm really going to have to watch the movie again sometime. I brought it on DVD about a year ago and have only watched it about one time since!
                    __

__

Comment

So anyway, if they can make those hataks and Cheops ship why no other goauld has a ship similar to Ra's one. Or like why Ra had no Jaffas. Because i still think Ra was much different from an ordinary Goauld.

Comment

Of course, Ra was a original yet evil Gou'ald. He has to be the best, because he was the original
                        __

__

Comment

I see

Comment

i don't think Ra was a Goa'uld. the form when he dies doesn't look like an Unas but more like an Asgard. perhaps a Goa'uld in an Asgard inside a Human or an evil Asgard (effected by the sarc) inside a human but his real form didn't look like an Asgard in the series

the Asgard are a dying race just like Daniel said in the movie. he could have went an Asgard using a Sarc could have went to earth before the Asgard started cloning it would explain how the human host was captured without a set of Rings and it would explain why he has human jaffa, a different ship and why he had a 7 ring transported and not 5. he could have used his Asgard knowledge to become more powerful. Ra may have even been an Ancient who didn't asscend or was forced back to a human form but used his knowledge to lead the System Lords or even a Furling

images of Ra and Death Gliders in the movie (from PAL Directors cut edition)

sigpic

Comment

Ahh, I've noticed about a million and one differences between movie and TV. I guess it didn't help that I was an avid Stargate fan and then SG1 came out.

By the way bast, he wasn't in Unas form, he wasn't even in Asgard form, he just looked like an alien - so I've come to the conclusion that it was pure cinematography, to show us he was an alien and not a human, "artistic licencing"

The thing about the Red Chevrons - If you watch the movie the whole base would almost be drained of power when starting the gate, I think the red chevrons appeared when they supplied MORE power to the gate, which enabled it to light up.

The thing about the chevron's individually locking does get on my nerves tho

Comment

Working...
                              X