Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My plea to the Community, pay and don't pirate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My plea to the Community, pay and don't pirate.

For the first time ever Stargate content is accessible nearly world wide as soon as it comes out.

My plea to the community is please pay for Stargate Origins and don't pirate it.

Even if you don't think Stargate Origins is going to be that great, there is still plenty of other content on Stargate Command worth paying the subscription for and even if Stargate origins does end up sucking which I hope it doesn't, it is still worth supporting for a possibility of more Stargate in the future

One of the major reasons they decided against more Sg1 and SGA films or even a sgu film was due to that fact that dvd's at the time didn't sell as well due to pirating, and Streaming wasn't big yet. Streaming has changed that big time. Show your support the subscription is cheap and well worth it. Also show your support tell friends and family. Tell anyone you can that likes Stargate, tell your pets, your church, your local coffee shop lol.

While your thoughts are sincere and true, you seem to be forgetting that anyone outside of the 6 lucky countries is excluded from all of that exclusive, premium, all-access material which very much includes SGO (at this very moment).

So, do tell me, how would that make you feel if you knew you had no access to all that cool stuff? Are you going to sit back and wait, and probably get spoiled rotten? Are you going to smile and nod when the haves are gushing over all that awesome content?

I think not.

I will probably not get the choice to watch legally.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      While your thoughts are sincere and true, you seem to be forgetting that anyone outside of the 6 lucky countries is excluded from all of that exclusive, premium, all-access material which very much includes SGO (at this very moment).

So, do tell me, how would that make you feel if you knew you had no access to all that cool stuff? Are you going to sit back and wait, and probably get spoiled rotten? Are you going to smile and nod when the haves are gushing over all that awesome content?

I think not.

I will probably not get the choice to watch legally.
      I live in Australia so I'm not in that situation but if I were this is what I would probably do.

1. Use a vpn or dns changer and pay for it, and view the content. That way.
      OR
      2. Use a vpn or dns changer to pay for it just to support it and then still download it from *cough* pirated sites* that way you are still supporting it. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say that on gateworld lol)

so no I probably wouldn't sit back and wait, but I probably would still try and support it. I could illegally download netflix content but I still pay for it because I love the netflix original content

Comment

Indeed. Don't intent to pirate anything, but can't do anything legally either, even if I wanted to pay for it. And now I don't even want to subscribe anymore, even if it was available. I already have Netflix and a great number of shows that I want to watch, so I have no reason to. I honestly feel screwed over, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I just leave it.

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
        I live in Australia so I'm not in that situation but if I were this is what I would probably do.

OR
        2. Use a vpn or dns changer to pay for it just to support it and then still download it from *cough* pirated sites* that way you are still supporting it. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say that on gateworld lol)

so no I probably wouldn't sit back and wait, but I probably would still try and support it. I could illegally download netflix content but I still pay for it because I love the netflix original content
        I'm pretty sure you can't use a VPN. You have to actually live in th USA, since you have to enter your address upon signup, at least with the all-access pass. And even then, you'd have to pay for the VPN itself and it's quite a hassle to get it to work every time. That, and they are essentially as illegal as pirating. No thanks, not going to be bothered.
        Last edited by NickEast; 20 September 2017, 12:50 AM.

Comment

All I'm saying is if there's a way for you to support it then support It. I understand where both of you are coming from, I was still in school when sg1 and atlantis were coming out, I had no money for PPV so the only way I could watch it was downloading it, but I still did my best to support it by buying every season as soon as they came out.

Comment

All I'm saying is if there's a way for you to support it then support It. I understand where both of you are coming from, I was still in school when sg1 and atlantis were coming out, I had no money for PPV so the only way I could watch it was downloading it, but I still did my best to support it by buying every season as soon as they came out.
            I get it, but I'm sorry, for me it's out of principle. MGM doesn't seem to appreciate fans outside the English-speaking or big UN countries. Sure it costs them money, but that's no excuse anymore in this digital age. They would have to come with some major things beyond just a short webseries for me to begin supporting them. I'm already supporting many things that are far more interesting for me.

Hell, even MARVEL Unlimited is available here, and I enjoy it enough. Same for Netflix, even if it doesn't have everything. And a few software applications that I use for my hobby and work.

Comment

In my own case,I've very often had to wait till new seasons or box sets for Stargate and other shows are available in the UK,and had to steer clear of threads and other sites if I don't want to read spoilers.It's doable!

At any rate,an international roll-out to as many countries/territories as possible would've been best, in my opinion.
              The downside would be everyone having to wait a lot longer to give the PTB for SGO/SG Command time to finalise all their contracts.
              Stargate Command are taking questions on Twitter etc so they're looking happy to respond and try to fix the situation.
              Whatever MGM have done in the past,since they re-organised their finances and all,it seems they want Stargate to have another spin of the fortune wheel.This is good...
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*mod hat on*
              Statutory caution to all readers...no,I don't mean anyone on this thread.This is aimed more at the wannabee spambots lurking,and over-eager beavers etc.

NO hints of where to go,naming of,or links to unlicensed sites,including vid upload sites everyone.What you do off-GW isn't our business,and we aren't planning to play nanny on your free time.Just let others find these things (or choose not to) on their own behalf.
              That said,I'm sure no matter how frustrating the wait is,nobody wants to have this site shut down or for any modding to be required.
              *Takes mod hat off*
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                In my own case,I've very often had to wait till new seasons or box sets for Stargate and other shows are available in the UK,and had to steer clear of threads and other sites if I don't want to read spoilers.It's doable!

At any rate,an international roll-out to as many countries/territories as possible would've been best, in my opinion.
                The downside would be everyone having to wait a lot longer to give the PTB for SGO/SG Command time to finalise all their contracts.
                Stargate Command are taking questions on Twitter etc so they're looking happy to respond and try to fix the situation.
                Whatever MGM have done in the past,since they re-organised their finances and all,it seems they want Stargate to have another spin of the fortune wheel.This is good...
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*mod hat on*
                Statutory caution to all readers...no,I don't mean anyone on this thread.This is aimed more at the wannabee spambots lurking,and over-eager beavers etc.

NO hints of where to go,naming of,or links to unlicensed sites,including vid upload sites everyone.What you do off-GW isn't our business,and we aren't planning to play nanny on your free time.Just let others find these things (or choose not to) on their own behalf.
                That said,I'm sure no matter how frustrating the wait is,nobody wants to have this site shut down or for any modding to be required.
                *Takes mod hat off*
                Yes I'm not trying to brake any rules or suggest people to pirate, Just trying to say people should support any way they can. For me Stargate is my favourite franchise so I personally would support it any way I can.

Comment

Yes I'm not trying to brake any rules or suggest people to pirate, Just trying to say people should support any way they can. For me Stargate is my favourite franchise so I personally would support it any way I can.
                  No worries,Tomaso!
                  I understand you just fine,and I hope others did too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Something I missed replying to in my previous post.

VPN's apparently can cost only a few dollars or so ,and aren't so much illegal in the US as undesired because they can skew ratings.ie governments and TV companies so far haven't been able to have them made taboo or blockable.

I don't have one and don't intend to ever use one,because I already pay out for the UK TV License fee,and for a cable/net/phone package.That dents my family budget enough,so I don't have Netflix or other subs either!
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Good idea that thread has been created in my opinion, good and honest thinking. But, those people who want to pirate willl do it anyway and those who are not in to such kind of mischief wouldn't think about it anyway.

The problem is, not all fans have the money to pay the membership/pass. With those payments and access limited in my oppinon, they rather lose but gain money since most of the fans cannot watch it, meaning they will not spread the word or buy merch in any form.

I could watch it, if I wanted to, but I rather use my money on something else and hang in there with those outside the lucky countries or not enough money to pay the membership or pass

Comment

We'd be off to a fine start if the SGC app were actually on the App Store...
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

OR
                        I'm fairly certain, you can't use a VPN to hide where you're really from when it comes to paying for this pass. After all, it's credit-card based which is linked to your real life location and address.

Plenty of VPN adds available for webbrowsers though -- free use too. I use em to watch the live stream of sporting events when I'm on vacation outside of Belgium since those vids are geolocked, and sometimes you really wanna watch your tennisplayers winning their game.

I stopped counting the times I was spoiled because someone decided to ignore spoilerspace. It's only doable if people pay attention and want to be friendly about it.

They are indeed a friendly bunch and quick to respond. They truly make you feel like you matter (even if you're not part of the targeted countries).

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        We'd be off to a fine start if the SGC app were actually on the App Store...
                        I think it's linked to the launch of the site.
                        Saw earlier it would go live at midnight PT (twitter source Stargate Command) but I don't know when that is for everyone.

Earlier today the website couldn't be reached but I haven't tried again since before lunchtime (which was 4,5 hours ago).

Localtime: 04:32 pm (GMT+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I think it's linked to the launch of the site.
                          Saw earlier it would go live at midnight PT (twitter source Stargate Command) but I don't know when that is for everyone.
                          Right, which is fine. Perhaps a bit daft to base it on Pacific Time if you've announced a global launch day--for the rest of the world, the day is already long over by then--but I can at least understand if that's the case; MGM is probably based out of California, so you can see where they'd be coming from.

Except, midnight (start) Pacific Time of September 20 was eight hours ago now, and still nothing, which is why I'm wondering what's going on.

...but if it's, as you suggest, being negatively affected by overwhelming traffic? Ohh boy that would be the best news of the day! The idea that they've perhaps underestimated the demand for Stargate is one of the most positive and heartening results I can imagine for launch day!
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*mod hat on*

*Takes mod hat off*
                            *steals hat*
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              MGM is probably based out of California, so you can see where they'd be coming from.
                              Headquarters are indeed located in California.

Stargatecommand.co is still not accessessible for me. It simply doesn't show, like it's down.

I have seen people on twitter who were able to download the app from the appstores: iOs & Android. So perhaps, have another look.

I did a quick search in the Google playstore and the app is available for download -- just look for Stargate Command by TopFan. I'm able to download it, so I'll be checking that out at least then.

Comment

Working...
                              X