Main plot Episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main plot Episodes

Hi, I just wanna know whether there are list of episodes which stick to the main plot, such as fighting against goauld and later orai. I would like to watch this series without "side missions" as a long movie. Does enybody knows about something like this? thx

A couple of thoughts...

First and foremost being that this is a terrible way to watch this show. There's an argument to be made that SG-1 featured a lot of 'episodic' characteristics, and while not precisely untrue, it also misses the key point that the show was also extremely effective at planting a lot of little seeds along the way in episodes that are otherwise innocuous or unimportant. As the series went on, there were also more and more and more references back to the events of previous episodes which run the gamut from plot-pivotal to plot-irrelevant. Without the necessary context of watching it all, I can see this coming across like gibberish.

This is also absolutely the worst way to watch the show if you want to have any kind of a feel for the evolution of the characters or the storylines, as in doing so you're effectively just 'reading the chapter titles' rather than the book itself. You'll lurch from one major story point to the next, with no time spent on allowing the stories to 'breathe' and develop naturally.

On a more functional level...

I should also say that this list is one that I tried to keep pared down the bare minimum number of episodes, in keeping with the original request. Sometimes this means that one of these episodes ends on or begins from a cliffhanger, because I felt that the following/preceding part didn't fit into the scope of what you'd asked for.

It also means that I can't say I love all of these episodes. Some are a bit dull or even bad, but they matter because they provide key plot points that are necessary for understanding later episodes featuring the same characters/organizations/storylines.

All that said...here you go:

Spoiler:
    Stargate (film)
    1.01-02 Children of the Gods
    1.18 Solitudes
    1.22 Within the Serpent's Grasp
    2.01 The Serpent's Lair
    2.06 Thor's Chariot
    2.09 Secrets
    2.11 The Tok'ra
    2.12 The Tok'ra Part 2
    2.15 The Fifth Race
    2.18 Serpent's Song
    2.21 1969
    3.03 Fair Game
    3.10 Forever in a Day
    3.12 Jolinar's Memories
    3.13 The Devil You Know
    3.15 Pretense
    3.20 Maternal Instinct
    3.22 Nemesis
    4.01 Small Victories
    4.13 The Curse
    4.14 The Serpent's Venom
    4.17 Absolute Power
    4.22 Exodus
    5.01 Enemies
    5.02 Threshold
    5.09 Between Two Fires
    5.15 Summit
    5.16 Last Stand
    5.17 Fail Safe
    5.21 Meridian
    5.22 Revelations
    6.01 Redemption
    6.02 Redemption Part 2
    6.06 Abyss
    6.10 Cure
    6.12 Unnatural Selection
    6.22 Full Circle
    7.01 Fallen
    7.02 Homecoming
    7.11 Evolution
    7.12 Evolution Part 2
    7.15 Chimera
    7.20 Inauguration
    7.21-22 Lost City
    8.01 New Order
    8.02 New Order Part 2
    8.11 Gemini
    8.16 Reckoning
    8.17 Reckoning Part 2
    8.18 Threads
    9.01 Avalon
    9.02 Avalon Part 2
    9.03 Origin
    9.06 Beachhead
    9.07 Ex Deus Machina
    9.14 Stronghold
    9.15 Ethon
    9.19 Crusade
    9.20 Camelot
    10.01 Flesh and Blood
    10.03 The Pegasus Project
    10.07 Counterstrike
    10.10 The Quest
    10.11 The Quest Part 2
    10.12 Line in the Sand
    10.14 The Shroud
    10.19 Dominion
    10.20 Unending
    Stargate: The Ark of Truth
    Stargate: Continuum
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This is great, I thank you very much. I have to say I love this series and I saw it all several times, films included. After Anderson leaves, SG1 losts much from its attraction for me, but I saw it all, I have been wathing SGA, but I quit somewhere in fourth season, because its cannot competite to SG1.
      Thank you again, I will just mark those epissodes and try watch only those marked. I am wonder how its will look like.

Comment

Originally posted by _Skipper_ View Post
        This is great, I thank you very much. I have to say I love this series and I saw it all several times, films included. After Anderson leaves, SG1 losts much from its attraction for me, but I saw it all, I have been wathing SGA, but I quit somewhere in fourth season, because its cannot competite to SG1.
        Thank you again, I will just mark those epissodes and try watch only those marked. I am wonder how its will look like.
        Ah well, that makes all the difference then--no need for those first few paragraphs of warning!

Happy watching
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh, I disagree, Digifluid. Your first few paragraphs were an important outline of how the show really worked.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Oh I stand by what I said for newcomers! But the OP said s/he has seen it all before, so no harm no foul if they skip things, because they've already seen it

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              A couple of thoughts...

First and foremost being that this is a terrible way to watch this show. There's an argument to be made that SG-1 featured a lot of 'episodic' characteristics, and while not precisely untrue, it also misses the key point that the show was also extremely effective at planting a lot of little seeds along the way in episodes that are otherwise innocuous or unimportant. As the series went on, there were also more and more and more references back to the events of previous episodes which run the gamut from plot-pivotal to plot-irrelevant. Without the necessary context of watching it all, I can see this coming across like gibberish.

This is also absolutely the worst way to watch the show if you want to have any kind of a feel for the evolution of the characters or the storylines, as in doing so you're effectively just 'reading the chapter titles' rather than the book itself. You'll lurch from one major story point to the next, with no time spent on allowing the stories to 'breathe' and develop naturally.

On a more functional level...

I should also say that this list is one that I tried to keep pared down the bare minimum number of episodes, in keeping with the original request. Sometimes this means that one of these episodes ends on or begins from a cliffhanger, because I felt that the following/preceding part didn't fit into the scope of what you'd asked for.

It also means that I can't say I love all of these episodes. Some are a bit dull or even bad, but they matter because they provide key plot points that are necessary for understanding later episodes featuring the same characters/organizations/storylines.

All that said...here you go:

Spoiler:
              Stargate (film)
              1.01-02 Children of the Gods
              1.18 Solitudes
              1.22 Within the Serpent's Grasp
              2.01 The Serpent's Lair
              2.06 Thor's Chariot
              2.09 Secrets
              2.11 The Tok'ra
              2.12 The Tok'ra Part 2
              2.15 The Fifth Race
              2.18 Serpent's Song
              2.21 1969
              3.03 Fair Game
              3.10 Forever in a Day
              3.12 Jolinar's Memories
              3.13 The Devil You Know
              3.15 Pretense
              3.20 Maternal Instinct
              3.22 Nemesis
              4.01 Small Victories
              4.13 The Curse
              4.14 The Serpent's Venom
              4.17 Absolute Power
              4.22 Exodus
              5.01 Enemies
              5.02 Threshold
              5.09 Between Two Fires
              5.15 Summit
              5.16 Last Stand
              5.17 Fail Safe
              5.21 Meridian
              5.22 Revelations
              6.01 Redemption
              6.02 Redemption Part 2
              6.06 Abyss
              6.10 Cure
              6.12 Unnatural Selection
              6.22 Full Circle
              7.01 Fallen
              7.02 Homecoming
              7.11 Evolution
              7.12 Evolution Part 2
              7.15 Chimera
              7.20 Inauguration
              7.21-22 Lost City
              8.01 New Order
              8.02 New Order Part 2
              8.11 Gemini
              8.16 Reckoning
              8.17 Reckoning Part 2
              8.18 Threads
              9.01 Avalon
              9.02 Avalon Part 2
              9.03 Origin
              9.06 Beachhead
              9.07 Ex Deus Machina
              9.14 Stronghold
              9.15 Ethon
              9.19 Crusade
              9.20 Camelot
              10.01 Flesh and Blood
              10.03 The Pegasus Project
              10.07 Counterstrike
              10.10 The Quest
              10.11 The Quest Part 2
              10.12 Line in the Sand
              10.14 The Shroud
              10.19 Dominion
              10.20 Unending
              Stargate: The Ark of Truth
              Stargate: Continuum
              I wonder..................
              Could you actually go straight from "threads" to Continuum without affecting the main story all that much?
              AoT really serves to wrap up the Ori arc, so if you ignore 9-10 and AoT, would you not satisfy the character fans?
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                I wonder..................
                Could you actually go straight from "threads" to Continuum without affecting the main story all that much?
                AoT really serves to wrap up the Ori arc, so if you ignore 9-10 and AoT, would you not satisfy the character fans?
                Well, Continuum is the conclusion of the Ba'al arc from seasons 9-10, so there is a bit a gap there. If you're rewatching you should probably see some or all of those last two season Ba'al episodes. And if you're not rewatching then I'd say definitely go through them as otherwise you'd be in for a surprise when all of the sudden there's Cameron, Laundry, and Vala running around and references are made to past Ba'al clones.
                Last edited by Xaeden; 21 September 2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X