This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to purchase Stargate Infinity?

Stargate Infinity is the only series I haven't seen yet.
    So I'd like to obtain the episodes to watch the show.

Does anyone know how I might purchase the episodes to own copies personally?
    I would prefer offline digital files (like iTunes store), because I don't like DVDs.
    It also has to be a method of acquisition that either works internationally or for Australians, since most online services are georestricted (including some that might be free2view).

As far as I know, Infinity has no legitimate digital copies. DVD's are probably your best bet.

And while I am a huge fan of letting people spend their money as they wish, I implore you just not waste your time or your money on it.
    sigpic

Comment

Call it curiosity, I want to see how an animated version of Stargate was conceptualised.

I have done some searching for the DVD, but as far as I can tell, it isn't available for Australia's DVD Region (4).
      The only one I've seen so far is a Region 2 DVD.
      Was it only released for American and/or UK markets?

Candid honesty time, after reading all of the trashhater talk from IMDB viewers while looking for information on whether an independent sci-fi movie was worth watching, I am uncertain if opinions on quality should be trusted.
      The continual bashing of a Transformers animated webseries only made me that more untrusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilarta View Post
        Call it curiosity, I want to see how an animated version of Stargate was conceptualised.

I have done some searching for the DVD, but as far as I can tell, it isn't available for Australia's DVD Region (4).
        The only one I've seen so far is a Region 2 DVD.
        Was it only released for American and/or UK markets?

Candid honesty time, after reading all of the trashhater talk from IMDB viewers while looking for information on whether an independent sci-fi movie was worth watching, I am uncertain if opinions on quality should be trusted.
        The continual bashing of a Transformers animated webseries only made me that more untrusting.
        Well, it's not necessarily bashing in the case with Infinity. Most of the opinions regarding it are quite genuinely critical and honest. It's absolutely nothing like the established Stargate continuity, not even close to the original film. I actually watched a few episodes, not strictly legal, on YouTube. In a critical sense, it's nothing like Stargate. In an honest sense, it's a terrible, terrible show. Standalone, the animation isn't bad necessarily, and the stories are quite similar to many other shows like that. But that actually makes it bad, because it's just like many other shows, which conceptually are much better. The animation was created by DiC, of Inspector Gadget fame, so I don't dislike it. But with the exception of the Stargate device, and some names like SGC and Ancients, nothing is the same. But because it carries the title "Stargate", there is some conscious or subconscious level of obligation for it to acknowledge the existing franchise and stick to it in some way.

My answer to this is, make your own opinion, but don't waste your money on the risk of you agreeing with the rest of us, which is quite likely if you're a fan of any of the "main: shows/films. Simply look it up on YouTube or something. The fact that there aren't any digital releases, and only one single DVD release that is not that easy to find, already proves it's not a good show.

Comment

I'd say, download one or two episodes (use VPN if you must) and then decide whether you'd like that which we shall not speak of to be added to your stargate possessions.

I can't open this webpage at work (all sorts of video-playing websites are blocked here) but you could try watching here first.

It doesn't look like it ever made it outside of region 1 and 2.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Honestly, I've already decided to add it to my collection.
            Sure, it may not be great or even up to Stargate standards, but it's still a Stargate show.
            My primary criteria is that it's fun to watch, that's all I need.

Keep in mind I watched Stargate Universe and that was never a fan favorite.

So now I just need to find out where I can obtain the DVDs.
            Region doesn't matter, if necessary, I can get another multi-region DVD player.
            My last one wore out.
            And no, I am not purchasing it just for this show, I have a few other DVDs that aren't Region 4.

Comment

That's my point, it's not a Stargate show.

And Universe is a hundred times better, because it's still a Stargate show. The difference between the two is that no matter what someone things of it, they my still watch Universe and enjoy it enough that it's still part of the franchise. Infinity is universally treated as not part of Stargate, canon or otherwise, by fans, non-fans and the Powers That Be.

It's your own risk, and you will see Stargate in a whole new light, and not necessarily positively. But you can only really watch it if you don't see it as a Stargate show, which defeats the reason you want to. Luckily there are only a handful of episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilarta View Post
                Keep in mind I watched Stargate Universe and that was never a fan favorite.
                Certainly not in the mind of the guy who made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL74azaMp3I

Comment

I assume there will still have to be Stargate plot elements though, like gate travel, galactic planet hopping, a SG team etc.
                  It's not like you can just put a Stargate name on it and have nothing at all from the franchise present.

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                  There are only a handful of episodes.
                  I thought there were 26 episodes, enough for a whole season/year.

And honestly, Stargate Infinity can't be any worse then the Trek Animated Series.
                  TAS was a massive mistake that should have never been produced!
                  TAS is even responsible for introducing the most distasteful canon concept to the Trek universe!
                  Last edited by Tilarta; 07 September 2017, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I did a search for the DVD and found mention of it on Amazon, but prices varied from 50 dollar to 70 so that seemed a bit steep for one season.

Perhaps check out Amazon, or maybe Ebay, or a local online vendor.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                    X