Are most gamers freemium type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I did like Star Trek: Starfleet academy. A final unity was a bit dodge, but my all time favourite was Birth of the federation, but I am biased as I love turn based strategy games.
    I loved Starfleet Academy up to a point but I always got stuck a bit with it. Plus it just felt kinda wrong flying massive starships like they were fighter craft.
    Final Unity was actually one of my favourites (if not my actual favourite) but I just loved how the full TNG cast were in it and it legitimately felt like playing out an episode. I really wish they'd done more like that. Even if it was just an extension of the story like they did with the 25th Anniversary game and Judgement Rites. Still got the disk. Occasionally play it on Dos Box when I feel all nostalgic.
    Also REALLY love Birth of the Federation. That really makes you feel like you're properly building the Federation from the ground up. Always felt it sucked that the game was missing the Excelsior class though given that they had all the other TNG designs. Also it's one of the few games that included the Constellation and Ambassador classes. Both of which I love.
    Again there needs to be a modern version of that where you start all the way back in the 22nd century with NX classes and build up to getting towards the 24th Century.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The reason I like STO best is they chose to defy the MMO GRIND method of gaming.

To explain, with most (if not all) MMOs, spend excessive amounts of time are wasted playing for the chance of a good endgame item/drop.
      With STO, it just requires 30 minutes to acquire one endgame token.
      When that task is completed 5 times, there are enough tokens to get one endgame item.

That is the primary reason why I keep playing STO when I quit all other MMOs.
      Because I can play casually and still get my endgame gear.

Comment

Working...
      X