No announcement yet.

Will Mass Effect Andromeda get any DLC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is, even if you judge a game by that, many others do not. They judge them by animations and graphics, which I personally also think is nonsense

But the majority of those complaining about the game seem to have judged it by that and honestly yes, I did expect better graphics too, especially in the face animations. Compare this game to a game like Uncharted 4 or The Order 1886 and you may notice a significant difference. This is what gamnes have been able to do with faces in previous years also already, so this is what many people are annoyed about

The other thing the people who care so much about graphics said, is that the animations have not so much improved as they should have since the Frostbite engine has been used for Dragon Age Inquisition

But I hear you, I personally liked the game myself, the story was OK. only there must have been lots of people who dislike the game, especially those who played it before most patches were out. And those people will also not give the game a second chance so releasing a DLC would not pay out well

At that pic you shared, it sometimes does and sometimes not does that, I went in with my sinper rifles and sometimes it showed them

Comment

Yeah, they are only continuing the game in multiplayer only. All story elements are going to be continued through novels and comic books if I recall.

sigpic
      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

I got the prequel book a few days ago.

However, I think I'll skip the next book, as it's about my least favorite MEA character (Cora Harper).
        For context, I don't like it when they make a "bland biotic" character and force you to have them in your crew.
        Kaiden, Jacq and Cora all belong to this category.
        And well, those first two didn't survive to be included in my ME3 game.....

I don't know what the third book is about yet, no plot details have been released.
        I'm getting the comics as they are released.

Are the MEA detractors seriously comparing console graphics to a PC game?
        I would have thought it would like be comparing the taste of an apple to a boysenberry.
        I don't play console games, so I have no frame of reference to do a comparison.
        Also, I wouldn't play those games anyway, they're not interesting to me.

Comment

I do not think they compare that, it was more about the animations that looked so odd in general. Especially the eyes, and the face animations for Sara

The sad thing is as they patched the game to look better, you see what could have looked like fom the start with the right people working on it

The best thing they patched in was the soul in the eyes, with patch 1.04 I thing when they did not look empty as they would before

And those things were "wrong" with PC and console versions, I play PS4 myself but a lot of my friends play on PC so I know it was not only applying to one platform

The thing is as Alec Ryder says, you do not get a second chance to be first, as much as you do not get a second chance for a first impression and as it came out even with day one patch it was not well recieved, so was not bought as often as EA might have hoped, understandable that they do not go for a DLC then

I'm done with ME: A though and now look forward hopefully to Dragon Age 4

Comment

That sounds a lot like what I was told the ESO detractors say, they make a decision based on an earlier version of the software and don't bother to check that their complaints cease to exist with an updated patch.
            Are they so set in hating the game they don't think to retract or change their opinion when the game gets modified?

All I am seeing is that they complained prematurely and ended a great new storyline in the Mass Effect franchise as it was just getting started.

From my perspective, I disapprove of companies who make magic/fantasy games.
            For the simple reason it's not what I play/enjoy, so all it achieves is to use assets/development time that should have been dedicated to a sci-fi game.

And in some cases (like BioWare), dedicated to finishing MEA.
            For example, if there was no Dragon Age, there would only be Mass Effect games, so it would be the only game series BioWare worked on.

Comment

The phrase is: there's no second first impression. It's something that's been said by movie and video game reviewers. But while the animations are certainly the most obvious complaint, there are a lot of things that can't be patched.

The plot is full of things that don't make sense (seriously, have they never heard of attempted murder) to deus ex machinas. The dialogue is often janky and just plain awkward. The characters range from Kaiden/Jacob bland to insufferably annoying. I've restarted my game multiple times because a mob of NPC's would spawn in late and trap me in them or between them. I've fallen through the floor so many times that they might as well make phase-shifting an ability. The dialogue wheel without black and white renegade and paragon is a good idea, but they didn't implement it very well. With the paragon and renegade dialogue, you can behave and react radically different. For this, you still say the same thing. You just can either say is more seriously or jokingly.

Yong Yea does a good job discussing the issue with the dialogue and xLetalis does a good job discussing issues in the ending.

One more thing I want to add is: in terms of raw number, the game sold well. But, it sold below expected projections, which is the most important number.
              Last edited by StargateMillennium; 01 September 2017, 02:55 PM.

sigpic
              Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
              https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Hey it's good to see people discussing games from my two favorite franchises. It saddens me that ME:A will not be getting any SP DLC. I think that is a mistake. What bothers me is Bioware seems to only react to the negative reviews and not to the positive. I don't honestly think they have ever truly recovered from the ME 3 ending debacle. And there were some fans willing to put that whole mess to the side to give ME:A an honest chance...and I think once again the fans were sorely disappointed. But with the loyal fans it's a love/hate type thing. While those fans will voice their honest displeasure and disappointment with the game they are still willing to play the game and continue on with the franchise to see where it takes them. So Bioware instead of staying loyal to their true fans and staying positive they react poorly to negative criticism and more or less "throw the baby out with the bath water". I think they tend to over react to fan criticism and shut down rather than look at it as an opportunity to make their product better. It's like they become defensive and can't seem to understand why fans are not liking their product and they almost act like a 6 year old and stomp off mad to go home taking their toys with them. If Bioware/EA would take the lead on how CD Projekt Red treats their fans, maybe what they do and how they market and present their games would be better received by fans.

Here is a good story on the break down of what happened during that 5 year production period of Mass Effect Andromeda.

I do think it was complicated and a mixture of alot of things that caused it's problematic launch. But rather than try to hang in there and finish their story (which to me ME:A seems unfinished) and alot of their early launch advertising hinted at DLC....they decide to just give up? That is really again an ultimate punishment and sort of betrayal to their loyal fans. It quite frankly pisses me off!
                Originally posted by jelgate
                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I have to disagree. If they would use money on a DLC and only a few poeple would buy it, they would make losses. I do assume however this is more a EA's than BioWare's dong but I would not say it is a betrayal of fans because it was never said there will be a DLC for sure.
                  What you make of the things they say or show is your buisness, and though I am also not that happy with how the game is left to be, their descioion to not make a DLC is right from their point of view, anything else would be a risk of losing money

Comment

Working...
                  X