Dark Matter: No Season 4? (Updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by photoglyph View Post
    I attempted to keep up with 'Dark Matter.' Joseph Mallozzi's involvement really sealed the deal for me, but...
    I kept waiting for it to get more interesting and it did not seem to. I may be well premature in my assessment as I never even finished the 1st season, but I just kept thinking it should be more engaging than it was.

Did the characters end up more fleshed-out? I don't like the fact that it is gone with the dearth of science fiction shows at the moment. I am sorry to see it go, I never thought it was bad, just not up to my expected potential.

I am hoping to start 'The Expanse' soon after seeing some clips from it.
    We did learn a little bit more about the characters and I did find that it got more interesting as it went along. It's also a shame that it ended on a cliffhanger because there was a lot of stuff the show still had to deal with but then again that's the way it goes with 98% of the shows I have watched on SYFY.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Yeah, this was a real bite. So frustrating to get invested in yet another SyFy show that got scrapped. And I suppose there's no hope for it getting picked up anywhere else like The Expanse did at this point. I wish they would at least allow some sort of finale movie to wrap some of it up for fans. But that just almost never happens either. Boo.

Comment

Originally posted by thedevilman View Post
        Yeah, this was a real bite. So frustrating to get invested in yet another SyFy show that got scrapped. And I suppose there's no hope for it getting picked up anywhere else like The Expanse did at this point. I wish they would at least allow some sort of finale movie to wrap some of it up for fans. But that just almost never happens either. Boo.
        It does stink that SYFY canceled the show last year. I want as far as adding the channel to my skipped channels and not just because of Dark Matter but also Sliders, which it saved from FOX, Stargate SG-1, SGA, Sanctuary, Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Farscape, even thou I got into that between the cancellation and the miniseries. It would be nice to actually see a show on SYFY end because it wants to end and not because of cancellation.

There is a petition for Dark Matter and link can be found in my post here. As of this post, it's up to 74,772.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
          There is a petition for Dark Matter and link can be found in my post here. As of this post, it's up to 74,772.
          Signed and shared. Thank you! I skimmed pretty quickly when I first found this thread and missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by thedevilman View Post
            Signed and shared. Thank you! I skimmed pretty quickly when I first found this thread and missed it.
            You're welcome.

Comment

Unlike many viewers who saw this show when it first aired, I had never heard of it. Then recently I had this show recommended to me by Netflix, so I watched the 1st episode and was instantly hooked. It is by far the best thing I've seen on Television lately. After I watched all 3 seasons, I checked the internet to find out when season 4 would start, only to discover that it had been cancelled. Now I am in denial. I still can't believe that something this good could be cancelled! My husband and daughter have also watched it with me, and really like it as well. What has been done with this series is completely unfair to the viewers! Right now, I am feeling like I will not ever consider watching the SYFY channel again.

Comment

Originally posted by Connie View Post
                Unlike many viewers who saw this show when it first aired, I had never heard of it. Then recently I had this show recommended to me by Netflix, so I watched the 1st episode and was instantly hooked. It is by far the best thing I've seen on Television lately. After I watched all 3 seasons, I checked the internet to find out when season 4 would start, only to discover that it had been cancelled. Now I am in denial. I still can't believe that something this good could be cancelled! My husband and daughter have also watched it with me, and really like it as well. What has been done with this series is completely unfair to the viewers! Right now, I am feeling like I will not ever consider watching the SYFY channel again.
                We all have similar reactions when favorites are cancelled. One of the best recent shows on SyFy was "12 Monkeys", which just aired its finale Friday night. I was not happy when it got the axe, but at least they were given a 4th season to finish their story. SyFy does that sometimes, which is more than some networks do. That was the last thing on SyFy that I'm watching currently, but considering the lack of Science Fiction on mass market TV, and how short lived it is when there is a new one, saying you're not going to watch SyFy again is akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Yes, I rather liked Dark Matter too, but Sci Fi in general doesn't draw a huge audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Connie View Post
                  If you haven't skimmed the thread yet here is a link to a Dark Matter petition. It's up to 75,193 at the time of this post. I did notice on Joseph Mallozzi's Blog that had someone asked if the story had been finished in comic book form.

Comment

Dark Matter could have been another star trek, but I think the writing in the third season was really off. The lost too many crew members, and lost track of the direction of the show. The actors were good the special effects were ok they just needed better writers. It's really too bad for syfy fans. Another network should pick up the show and move on with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X