Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Probie

Default Re: Dark Matter: No Season 4? (Updated)

Unlike many viewers who saw this show when it first aired, I had never heard of it. Then recently I had this show recommended to me by Netflix, so I watched the 1st episode and was instantly hooked. It is by far the best thing I've seen on Television lately. After I watched all 3 seasons, I checked the internet to find out when season 4 would start, only to discover that it had been cancelled. Now I am in denial. I still can't believe that something this good could be cancelled! My husband and daughter have also watched it with me, and really like it as well. What has been done with this series is completely unfair to the viewers! Right now, I am feeling like I will not ever consider watching the SYFY channel again.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    Unlike many viewers who saw this show when it first aired, I had never heard of it. Then recently I had this show recommended to me by Netflix, so I watched the 1st episode and was instantly hooked. It is by far the best thing I've seen on Television lately. After I watched all 3 seasons, I checked the internet to find out when season 4 would start, only to discover that it had been cancelled. Now I am in denial. I still can't believe that something this good could be cancelled! My husband and daughter have also watched it with me, and really like it as well. What has been done with this series is completely unfair to the viewers! Right now, I am feeling like I will not ever consider watching the SYFY channel again.
    We all have similar reactions when favorites are cancelled. One of the best recent shows on SyFy was "12 Monkeys", which just aired its finale Friday night. I was not happy when it got the axe, but at least they were given a 4th season to finish their story. SyFy does that sometimes, which is more than some networks do. That was the last thing on SyFy that I'm watching currently, but considering the lack of Science Fiction on mass market TV, and how short lived it is when there is a new one, saying you're not going to watch SyFy again is akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Yes, I rather liked Dark Matter too, but Sci Fi in general doesn't draw a huge audience.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    If you haven't skimmed the thread yet here is a link to a Dark Matter petition. It's up to 75,193 at the time of this post. I did notice on Joseph Mallozzi's Blog that had someone asked if the story had been finished in comic book form.

Signs by Scifan and me. | MY Website - Planet TV | My Sanctuary RPG | My Stargate SG-1 & SGA RPG |
    My Mini City - Rygel City

Probie

Default Re: Dark Matter Season 4

Dark Matter could have been another star trek, but I think the writing in the third season was really off. The lost too many crew members, and lost track of the direction of the show. The actors were good the special effects were ok they just needed better writers. It's really too bad for syfy fans. Another network should pick up the show and move on with it.