Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    Site Admin GateWorld's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,852

    Post Beyond the Wall (706)

    Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON SEVEN
    BEYOND THE WALL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 706
    Jon Snow leads a ragtag team north of the wall in hopes of bringing back proof of the threat that the dead pose to the Seven Kingdoms -- but the group soon finds itself besieged by the Night King. In Winterfell, Littlefinger continues to press tensions between Sansa and Arya.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; September 4th, 2017 at 01:39 PM.

  2. #2
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,865

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    holy frijoles that was intense.

    On one hand, Sansa and Arya tension grows. And little finger's end game is revealed, to get rid of Brienne.

    ANd the rest, ice zombies. So we now knows what can kill a dragon, the Ice King's lance. but we also know what can decimate ice zombies....not a surprise, a dragon.

    the Dany and Jon romance.....well it seems to be progressing, and she sees that the 'stabbed in the heart' comment was factual.

    BUt at the end....a zombie dragon????

  3. #3
    Major Infinite-Possibilities's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,693

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    I think people have been expecting one almost since dragons first appeared on the show.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

    *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

    "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

    "Elizabeth..."

  4. #4
    Lieutenant Colonel Gen. Chris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wall
    Posts
    3,173

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I think people have been expecting one almost since dragons first appeared on the show.
    They have been rumored in some of the books. Legends of ice dragons in the far north of the world.

  5. #5
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,865

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    I did almost laugh at BenJen...the season 1 plot device resurfaces.

  6. #6
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,312

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    with all those spoilers I reckon we all expected a dragon to fall & Viserion was the "ideal" choice being the smallest he's the runt of the litter, was named after Viserys also the runt sort of, basically Dany marked him for death by giving him that name ^^

    now why didn't at least one of the dragons attack the white walkers & their king
    could've ended it right there (unless Viserion was about to attack the walkers; it's not clear)


    now dragons are supposed to be immune to fire but Viserion's no longer a dragon he's an undead ice-spewing creature so it's safe to assume he lost his resistance to fire?

  7. #7
    Second Lieutenant Who Knows's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    That was interesting. Sansa's confrontation with Arya. Arya can be scary, mysterious even, but she did give Sansa the dagger & showed she had no intention of harming her. So maybe they will watch eachothers backs, & with all those 'faces' I expect Arya to take care of Littlefinger.
    Now what is on the agenda next for Dany & Jon? Try to get Cersei on side first, and then go chasing White Walkers, or go straight after the White Walker King before he gets any more dragons?
    Where has Benjen been till now, & what has he been doing? (inquiring minds want to know) how did he manage to be in the right place at the right time?.

  8. #8
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,312

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    Quote Originally Posted by Who Knows View Post
    with all those 'faces' I expect Arya to take care of Littlefinger.
    Littlefinger's not exactly a veteran fighter so Arya doesn't need stealth to kill him

    heck even a newbie like Meryn f* Trant could kill him easily lol

  9. #9
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,032

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    Called the dragon, but was a good episode.

    Need to rewatch it. Some of the plot devices are getting a bit funny though...

    Cant wait for next week, even though its going to be a long wait after...

  10. #10
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,312

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Some of the plot devices are getting a bit funny though...
    apparently they bumped up the teleporting a notch


  11. #11
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,865

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    Quote Originally Posted by Who Knows View Post
    Where has Benjen been till now, & what has he been doing? (inquiring minds want to know) how did he manage to be in the right place at the right time?.
    If I'm remembering right with benjen, he vanished beyond the wall years ago. I think it's been hinted that he was alive and surviving. Can't recall if that was only in the book or if it was also in the show. I haven't rewatched the dvds in a few years so my recollection is a bit foggy.

    But the whole 'just in the nick of time to rescue jon then fall'....hence Uncle Plot Device. Out of the whole wilderness he pops up just then? After being gone for so long?

  12. #12
    Lieutenant Colonel Gen. Chris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wall
    Posts
    3,173

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    Benjen (and his book counterpart) listen to the commands of the Three Eyed Raven. Bran is now the Three Eyed Raven. It's possible that Bran sent word to Benjen to watch over the expedition. I hope it is explained later.

  13. #13
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,865

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    Ah,that pesky raven.Cool.

    So that is one aspect of the show that may line up with the books, BenJen's time and actions beyond the wall

    Now we just need to get littlefinger out of winterfell

  14. #14
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,312

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    I got the sense LF ain't going anywhere anytime soon

    Bran can't control his new vision power ("do you know who this dagger belonged to?") so he's a potential but not certain threat to LF

  15. #15
    Probie
    Member Since
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    Hi. I am a newbie here.

    I just signed up today to this forum because I needed to find a group of hardcore GoT fans to help me sort out a Season 2 claim made by a friend of mine just two night ago while she and I were watching Episode 6. (BTW, she read the books, while I did not. So she definitely knows a lot more than I do about the whole GoT world.) She made a claim this past Sunday night about an allegedly important scene from HBO's GoT Season 2 which I honestly do not recall ever happening, and which multiple Google searches by me came up empty. (I am worried my friend is just silly in the head.)

    Here's what happened.

    She and I were watching Episode 6 together the other night (Sunday, August 20th), and at the end when Jon and Dany were talking on the ship heading back to Dragonstone, I made a comment about the lingering need for Jon Snow to show a White Walker to Cersei. There is no longer a need to capture a White Walker and show it to Dany because Dany has now seen with her own eyes. But they still need to convince Cersei.

    But then my friend said "No, Cersei knows already." My friend went on to explain that back in Season 2, someone brought a severed White Walker hand to Cersei in King's Landing, and the hand was still animated, crawling, scratching, etc. I looked at my friend in complete surprise because I honestly did not recall such a scene. I said to her: "I recall Jaime's hand getting chopped off, and it was never recovered. And I also recall a severed animated hand crawling around in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. But I have no recollection of someone bringing a severed, animated zombie-ish hand to Cersei." She insisted it happened. So I said "Well then I'll scan YouTube for the exact film clip of that exact moment."

    I went to YouTube the next day and searched for "Game of Thrones Hand" and "Game of Thrones Severed Hand" and so many other searches, and I came up with nothing. Can anyone help me? (Or was my friend getting her wires crossed the other night?)

    Thanks!

    -- HarrenHaller

  16. #16
    Lieutenant Colonel Gen. Chris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wall
    Posts
    3,173

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    In season 1 Jeor Mormont sent Aliser Thorne from the Wall towards King's Landing with the hand of one of the Wight's that attacked Mormont. It was a play to convince the crown that there WAS a major problem at the Wall and to send as many men as possible to man the wall (not necessarily take the black). Mormont also hoped that sending him would relieve some of the tension at the wall between Thorne and Jon, because Mormont was grooming Jon to be Lord Commander.

    Thorne reached King's Landing but by the time he did the hand/arm had rotted too much (from being out of the cold) to really be of any use as evidence.

  17. #17
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,865

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    Which is why the wights are only a danger when winter comes. When it's summer they decompose too fast to be a real threat...just a skeleton too soon.

    BUt when winter comes they can go further south and his army can grow larger because the dead last longer.

  18. #18
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,312

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    Quote Originally Posted by HarrenHaller View Post
    Hi. I am a newbie here.

    I just signed up today to this forum because I needed to find a group of hardcore GoT fans to help me sort out a Season 2 claim made by a friend of mine just two night ago while she and I were watching Episode 6. (BTW, she read the books, while I did not. So she definitely knows a lot more than I do about the whole GoT world.) She made a claim this past Sunday night about an allegedly important scene from HBO's GoT Season 2 which I honestly do not recall ever happening, and which multiple Google searches by me came up empty. (I am worried my friend is just silly in the head.)

    Here's what happened.

    She and I were watching Episode 6 together the other night (Sunday, August 20th), and at the end when Jon and Dany were talking on the ship heading back to Dragonstone, I made a comment about the lingering need for Jon Snow to show a White Walker to Cersei. There is no longer a need to capture a White Walker and show it to Dany because Dany has now seen with her own eyes. But they still need to convince Cersei.

    But then my friend said "No, Cersei knows already." My friend went on to explain that back in Season 2, someone brought a severed White Walker hand to Cersei in King's Landing, and the hand was still animated, crawling, scratching, etc. I looked at my friend in complete surprise because I honestly did not recall such a scene. I said to her: "I recall Jaime's hand getting chopped off, and it was never recovered. And I also recall a severed animated hand crawling around in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. But I have no recollection of someone bringing a severed, animated zombie-ish hand to Cersei." She insisted it happened. So I said "Well then I'll scan YouTube for the exact film clip of that exact moment."

    I went to YouTube the next day and searched for "Game of Thrones Hand" and "Game of Thrones Severed Hand" and so many other searches, and I came up with nothing. Can anyone help me? (Or was my friend getting her wires crossed the other night?)

    Thanks!

    -- HarrenHaller
    Thorne taking the hand to KL is never shown onscreen but maybe it's mentioned somewhere in the script of one of the episodes

    (since the hand was severed it had long since stopped twitching by the time he reached KL?)

  19. #19
    Probie
    Member Since
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    In season 1 Jeor Mormont sent Aliser Thorne from the Wall towards King's Landing with the hand of one of the Wight's that attacked Mormont. It was a play to convince the crown that there WAS a major problem at the Wall and to send as many men as possible to man the wall (not necessarily take the black). Mormont also hoped that sending him would relieve some of the tension at the wall between Thorne and Jon, because Mormont was grooming Jon to be Lord Commander.

    Thorne reached King's Landing but by the time he did the hand/arm had rotted too much (from being out of the cold) to really be of any use as evidence.
    Thanks to everyone for clarifying. This post here in particular helped me do a more precise search in YouTube. I found this 2-minute video clip from (I think) Season 2. We see Jon Snow battle the lone White Walker, and then Ghost bites off the Walker's hand.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2TlSM-2SyI



    And then I found a scene from a fan compilation video of all of Ser Aliser's story line moments. There is a scene where Lord Mormont explains to Jon Snow that he has sent Ser Aliser to King's Landing with the hand that Jon Snow's wolf bit off of the White Walker. "The hand that your wolf tore off that thing's wrist, I've ordered Thorne to lay it at the feet of this boy king. That should get young Joffrey's attention, and it puts a thousand leagues between you and Thorne." I will post THAT video here, but be forewarned that this video compilation is 48 minutes long! The scene in question happens at 00:11:22

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvFXvvkb9f8

    And then ... I tried to find the actual moment when Ser Aliser goes to King's Landing with the severed hand. As has been stated above it appears that story point was never an actual onscreen part of the TV series, only the books. (And my friend read the books while I did not.)


    So .... My original assertion remains. Cersei STILL needs convincing!!

  20. #20
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,865

    Default Re: Beyond the Wall (706)

    Which is why they were trying to take one back. To drop it at cersei's feet and say 'see, ice zombies are real'. But will they suceed and even if they do, will she believe it? She's the mad queen now. She is fetched in the head and a wee bit off her rocker and totally unpredictible.

    Even if she happens to agree to help i can see her only doing it if Jon AND Dany bow the knee and admit that she is the ruler of them all. Or she may happily let Jon and Dany fight the wights and sit back to easily conquer what few survivors there are.

    Her obsession is to rule. And even if she were to set it aside and join forces, her end game would still be to rule them all....and I would not put 'death on the battlefield' beyond her actions (aka murdering Jon and Dany then blaming it on the fog of war or have an assassin kill them for her)

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. The Wall (418)
    By GateWorld in forum Season Four Episodes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: January 24th, 2016, 01:00 PM
  2. The Writing on the Wall (207)
    By GateWorld in forum S.H.I.E.L.D. Season Two Episodes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 8th, 2014, 12:25 PM
  3. The Watchers On The Wall (409)
    By GateWorld in forum Season Four Episodes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 14th, 2014, 06:37 PM
  4. The Wall in 'Sateda'
    By The6thRace in forum SGA General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 13th, 2011, 03:40 PM
  5. The 4th wall
    By wkw427 in forum SG-1 Movies
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: December 29th, 2008, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •