• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dragon and the Wolf (707)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON SEVEN
    THE DRAGON AND THE WOLF
    EPISODE NUMBER - 707
    Daenerys and her allies arrive in King's Landing for a tense negotiation with Cersei, hoping to convince her of their common threat in the north. Sansa passes judgment in Winterfell, while at Dragonstone Theon stands up for his sister. Elsewhere, Eastwatch comes under attack.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 04 September 2017, 01:48 PM.

So, Cersei remains true to form....a nutcase.

ALthough this is probably the first time the whole cast has ever been together.

Sansa and Arya prove that blood is thicker than water. and Bran is the keeper of all truths.
    Sam is where he needs to be to help Jon and to prove Jon's lineage.
    Littlefinger gets his just rewards....finally

Jon and Dany.....are working on little Dany's and Jons

ANd the nice ominous last scene, the dead come for hte wall and we get to see just what an ice dragon can do.

Tyrion summed it up, they're frakked
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Slow start, but a very good episode none the less.

Jamie has finally left Cersei, finally realising how mad she is. That last scene though...

Season 8 cant come fast enough!

Comment

hail the Night King, First of his kind, King of the walkers and the dead men, Lord of the frozen kingdoms and Destroyer of the Realm

Long may he reign

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          hail the Night King, First of his kind, King of the walkers and the dead men, Lord of the frozen kingdoms and Destroyer of the Realm

Long may he reign
          You forgot raiser of the dead and rider of dragons.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

and Maker of Chains

Comment

I loved Jamie finally breaking with her. 'yeah sorry guys, I don't have an army but I do have me'

Cersei is more and more alone and will probably have that baby with nothing but her lady in waiting.
              I can see either it being a dwarf that kills her (her mother's fate), or the sand snake getting out of the dungeon and killing her, or she's not pregnant at all, it's a tumor, her hate is literally eating her alive.

Arya has settled into a role she's well suited for. And she and Sansa turned to each other instead of each other. I'm guessing Sansa was smart enough to go to Bran and say 'dude, what's going on?'

We have not just vague canon, but blatant canon that Jon is the true king.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe Cersei simply thinks she's pregnant but is entering menopause? Or the stress of her losses, actions and the war is getting to her and her body is reacting to it. Or maybe she'll have a miscarriage. I'm glad Jaime left and didn't stick around for the sake of their unborn child. He's right, that kid wouldn't live to be born if the army of the dead comes for them.

Does anyone know why Tyrion was loitering in the corridor to Dany's room? I get that he may have wanted to talk to her or whatever, then for viewer's purposes he had to witness Jon going into her room and obviously coming to the conclusion that they're going to have sex (because then someone other than them will know they slept together once they find out they're related). But why was he standing there for so long? He could have just turned around and left, yet he kept loitering.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Maybe waiting to see how long they 'talked', or maybe to run interference if anyone else tried to go into the room to keep them from walking in on it all.

sigpic

Comment

Presuming characters survive

I can see Jamie taking the black. He knows what's beyond the wall and he'll dedicate himself to stopping it

Sam will run his family with Gilly as his wife

Gendry will become Hand to the Jon

Arya may very well end up lady of Winterfell.

Bran is going to meld with that tree

I honestly don't know if I see Dany surviving. Cersei won't, or if she does she'll be in a nuthouse. If she's not killed I can see her jumping from the red keep if she doesn't die in child birth or from her illness

If Cersei has a child I can see Tyrion taking it and raising it somewhere to try and break the Lannister family cycle of violence (but as some have said, a prophecy suggests she'll not have more than 3 children)

For a lot of the others their chances are 50/50 at best.

One of the bigger questions is if the night king has any real motivation or if he's just a zombie plot device.

sigpic

Comment

Never considered that Jaime might take the black but that actually seems very likely doesn't it? He hates being known as a King Slayer and Oath Breaker. What better way to repent than to take the black and take an oath that he can keep for the rest of his life. Possibly as even as Lord Commander. Assuming they don't destroy the Night King and Walkers outright. But then again they may want to keep the Night's Watch as a ceremonial unit anyway, given how it also functions as a punishment / means of redemption for criminals.

Cersei has to die which would leave Tyrion as the heir to House Lannister and Warden of the West which would be a perfectly good ending for him, particularly if he gets to stay as hand to the King / Queen.

As for Dany and Jon I get the feeling that they won't end the show with them together. I suspect that either one of them will die, leaving the other one free to take the Iron Throne, or one of them will step down and renounce the throne.
                      At the moment my best guess is that once the truth is revealed it'll put a wedge between them. Dany will consider stepping down but will ultimately choose not to and Jon will probably say that he has no interest being King of the Seven Kingdoms but there will still be some distrust, particularly if Dany becomes more erratic and Jon starts to second guess her. Personally I think Dany will die. But Jon won't take up his role as a Targaryan easily. After all in his heart he is still a Stark. He still has his own Direwolf. He may even choose to become King but with the Stark name still.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

My impression with the wights is that it's cyclical....you can't kill them all. ALl you can do is beat them back and keep them on the other side of the wall for a period of time. People still die and will find their way under the night king.

Now I can see them altering the nights watch to make it less priest like and more warrior like...in other words if Brienne wants to join the watch she can. WHich will make Jamie happy.

I too do not see a happy ending. ANd I also see Dany being the likley death. I mean how many times has Jon died

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          My impression with the wights is that it's cyclical....you can't kill them all. ALl you can do is beat them back and keep them on the other side of the wall for a period of time. People still die and will find their way under the night king.

Now I can see them altering the nights watch to make it less priest like and more warrior like...in other words if Brienne wants to join the watch she can. WHich will make Jamie happy.

I too do not see a happy ending. ANd I also see Dany being the likley death. I mean how many times has Jon died
                          Not a 100% true. We have seen that when a White Walker is killed some of the Wights just disintegrate. So, although it's not a certainty, if you kill ALL the White Walkers then you destroy all the Wights. That's likely the reason why we saw Walkers turning new born babies into new Walkers in the past. The only way they can keep commanding an ever expanding army of Wights is by maintaining the number of White Walkers.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Right. My point is, if even one walker survives he'll just retreat to the north and wait it out, slowly getting an army. And since he's immortal he can wait generations.

sigpic

Comment

I'm assuming that the series will end with all the White Walkers dead. It would be too much of a loose end to leave them alone.

The first time they arrived was a world changing event so having them arrive again should just be the end of it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X