This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eclipse

the last time I saw an eclipse of ANY kind I was in the high school and the fifth grade.

if you don't want to buy those glasses then all you need is 2 pieces of paper and a pin, just put a pin hole in the paper and use the other as a screen, and then adjust the distance between the two to pieces to focus the image, though I would suggest sunglasses, or use some colored paper.

Experienced the 1999 total solar eclipse in Europe.

Currently I'm up to 4 totalities watching the live feed on the NASA website.

Totality is wicked -- the corona is sweet but the diamant is the coolest part.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Didn't see anything. Frell and frack you mother nature
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Mostly cloudy here. Just a little darker than normal is about the only difference I see.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Didn't see anything. Frell and frack you mother nature
          same here, clouds here too, but the light isn't all that different, I have see light like this just before a thunder storm so no big deal heresad0147.gif.

watching on cnn.
          Last edited by epg20; 21 August 2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Mostly cloudy here. Just a little darker than normal is about the only difference I see.
            same here....sunny and only got slightly dim...they say Buffalo is supposed to be in the path of totality for the one in 2024 though

last time the Buffalo area got a total eclipse was 1925....we had an annular one back when I was in middle school but that got rained out

Comment

And that's 5 totalities for me...

Comment

Someone had to do it
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I was dumb...DUMB...today.*

I wandered outside forgetting about the Eclipse (thought it was tomorrow) and was wondering why it was relatively dark and looked up at the sky thinking we were finally getting some overcast weather and realized it as soon as I looked at the sun. Luckily it was only for a fraction of a second. Hurt like a ***** though.

I do remember years ago seeing a very partial eclipse in the Bay Area and looking at it for a full minute with sunglasses on and it didn't hurt but whatever...younger eyes I guess.

*I have done dumber things with the sun
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

Someone had to do it
                    That is one of my all time favorite songs. Has been since it came out.. early eighties, as I recall.

Comment

She sang it somewhere today.

Comment

given the current context it's a most fitting time for darkness to fall over the US don't u think?

Comment

Trump watched the partial eclipse from a balcony in the WH -- without his special eclipse glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Trump watched the partial eclipse from a balcony in the WH -- without his special eclipse glasses.

Wow, he's pretty flexible..............
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It's the balcony in the WH that gave it away, wasn't it.

Comment

Working...
                              X