• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond the Wall (706)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON SEVEN
    BEYOND THE WALL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 706
    Jon Snow leads a ragtag team north of the wall in hopes of bringing back proof of the threat that the dead pose to the Seven Kingdoms -- but the group soon finds itself besieged by the Night King. In Winterfell, Littlefinger continues to press tensions between Sansa and Arya.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 04 September 2017, 01:39 PM.

holy frijoles that was intense.

On one hand, Sansa and Arya tension grows. And little finger's end game is revealed, to get rid of Brienne.

ANd the rest, ice zombies. So we now knows what can kill a dragon, the Ice King's lance. but we also know what can decimate ice zombies....not a surprise, a dragon.

the Dany and Jon romance.....well it seems to be progressing, and she sees that the 'stabbed in the heart' comment was factual.

BUt at the end....a zombie dragon????
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think people have been expecting one almost since dragons first appeared on the show.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        I think people have been expecting one almost since dragons first appeared on the show.
        They have been rumored in some of the books. Legends of ice dragons in the far north of the world.
        sigpic

Comment

I did almost laugh at BenJen...the season 1 plot device resurfaces.

sigpic

Comment

with all those spoilers I reckon we all expected a dragon to fall & Viserion was the "ideal" choice being the smallest he's the runt of the litter, was named after Viserys also the runt sort of, basically Dany marked him for death by giving him that name ^^

now why didn't at least one of the dragons attack the white walkers & their king
            could've ended it right there (unless Viserion was about to attack the walkers; it's not clear)

now dragons are supposed to be immune to fire but Viserion's no longer a dragon he's an undead ice-spewing creature so it's safe to assume he lost his resistance to fire?

Comment

That was interesting. Sansa's confrontation with Arya. Arya can be scary, mysterious even, but she did give Sansa the dagger & showed she had no intention of harming her. So maybe they will watch eachothers backs, & with all those 'faces' I expect Arya to take care of Littlefinger.
              Now what is on the agenda next for Dany & Jon? Try to get Cersei on side first, and then go chasing White Walkers, or go straight after the White Walker King before he gets any more dragons?
              Where has Benjen been till now, & what has he been doing? (inquiring minds want to know) how did he manage to be in the right place at the right time?.
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                with all those 'faces' I expect Arya to take care of Littlefinger.
                Littlefinger's not exactly a veteran fighter so Arya doesn't need stealth to kill him

heck even a newbie like Meryn f* Trant could kill him easily lol

Comment

Called the dragon, but was a good episode.

Need to rewatch it. Some of the plot devices are getting a bit funny though...

Cant wait for next week, even though its going to be a long wait after...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    Some of the plot devices are getting a bit funny though...
                    apparently they bumped up the teleporting a notch

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                      Where has Benjen been till now, & what has he been doing? (inquiring minds want to know) how did he manage to be in the right place at the right time?.
                      If I'm remembering right with benjen, he vanished beyond the wall years ago. I think it's been hinted that he was alive and surviving. Can't recall if that was only in the book or if it was also in the show. I haven't rewatched the dvds in a few years so my recollection is a bit foggy.

But the whole 'just in the nick of time to rescue jon then fall'....hence Uncle Plot Device. Out of the whole wilderness he pops up just then? After being gone for so long?

sigpic

Comment

Benjen (and his book counterpart) listen to the commands of the Three Eyed Raven. Bran is now the Three Eyed Raven. It's possible that Bran sent word to Benjen to watch over the expedition. I hope it is explained later.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ah,that pesky raven.Cool.

So that is one aspect of the show that may line up with the books, BenJen's time and actions beyond the wall

Now we just need to get littlefinger out of winterfell

sigpic

Comment

I got the sense LF ain't going anywhere anytime soon

Bran can't control his new vision power ("do you know who this dagger belonged to?") so he's a potential but not certain threat to LF

Comment

Hi. I am a newbie here.

I just signed up today to this forum because I needed to find a group of hardcore GoT fans to help me sort out a Season 2 claim made by a friend of mine just two night ago while she and I were watching Episode 6. (BTW, she read the books, while I did not. So she definitely knows a lot more than I do about the whole GoT world.) She made a claim this past Sunday night about an allegedly important scene from HBO's GoT Season 2 which I honestly do not recall ever happening, and which multiple Google searches by me came up empty. (I am worried my friend is just silly in the head.)

Here's what happened.

She and I were watching Episode 6 together the other night (Sunday, August 20th), and at the end when Jon and Dany were talking on the ship heading back to Dragonstone, I made a comment about the lingering need for Jon Snow to show a White Walker to Cersei. There is no longer a need to capture a White Walker and show it to Dany because Dany has now seen with her own eyes. But they still need to convince Cersei.

But then my friend said "No, Cersei knows already." My friend went on to explain that back in Season 2, someone brought a severed White Walker hand to Cersei in King's Landing, and the hand was still animated, crawling, scratching, etc. I looked at my friend in complete surprise because I honestly did not recall such a scene. I said to her: "I recall Jaime's hand getting chopped off, and it was never recovered. And I also recall a severed animated hand crawling around in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. But I have no recollection of someone bringing a severed, animated zombie-ish hand to Cersei." She insisted it happened. So I said "Well then I'll scan YouTube for the exact film clip of that exact moment."

I went to YouTube the next day and searched for "Game of Thrones Hand" and "Game of Thrones Severed Hand" and so many other searches, and I came up with nothing. Can anyone help me? (Or was my friend getting her wires crossed the other night?)

Thanks!

-- HarrenHaller

Comment

Working...
                              X