• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastwatch (705)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON SEVEN
    EASTWATCH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 705
    Jaime returns to King's Landing with the cold reality of what the war against Daenerys will bring, while Sam makes a decision about his future as a maester. While Dany sends an envoy to the capital to propose a temporary armistice, Jon Snow travels back to the Wall on a quest to prove the existence of White Walkers. At Winterfell, Arya acts on her suspicions of Littlefinger.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 August 2017, 08:33 PM.

So, Gendry resurfaces and he knows his lineage (maybe he knew before I can't remember) and we have a bit of a bastard reunion.

Arya is playing or being played by little finger. Sansa may or may not fully support Jon (I don't think it's personal per se, she's just been a pawn for so long she has no desire to do it again)
    Wouldn't it be one heck of a twist if LittleFinger was really Jacquen?

Jamie and Bronn can apparently hold their breath for hours...they were what? a mile or two from teh fire?

Cersei is still crazy and now she's pregnant and crazy...I get this weird Jaws 2 vibe from her...a ravenous pregnant female that will kill anything in sight.

Jon. is befriending a dragon. BUt if the theory is true that he's part Valerian then it may come naturally.

Jamie is going to die stopping Cersei, but probably not until after the child is born. Gendry will eventually sit on the iron throne as the real and true heir of Robert, Jon will be king of the north, Dany will be queen of her ancestral home, Sansa will return to River run (isn't that the name?)

Sam is now heir of his house and will live there with Gilly

This is, of course, presuming they survive the zombie apocalypse then each other.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

isn't Cersei forgetting the prophecy? 3 kids honey, no less no more

not much sympathy for the Tarlys they betrayed the Tyrells & they could've just taken the black
      they'd have been much more useful up north

Littlefinger being Littlefinger lol
      anyone caught the name mentioned at the start of the note? several words are blurred

and now the best kept open secret is out in the open (for the viewer at least, even if Gilly had mentioned Lyanna Stark that wouldn't have been near enough for Sam to connect the dots):
      the legit heir to the throne is Aragorn Jon Targaryen. he'll make a better king than Dany definitely

and best news of the day: Ghost is alive

Comment

I don't believe Cersei is pregnant. Jaime doubted her, then he met with their brother... she knows telling him she's pregnant will ensure his loyalty to her.

The note was the one Sansa sent Robb way back when. Luwin said it was Sansa's hand but the Queen's words.

I was a little disappointed that Arya fell for Littlefinger's trickery. Suppose I shall just have to comfort myself with the hope she'll end up killing him with the dagger Bran gave her.

Let's just hope Sam took the book Gilly was reading from with him! How else are they going to convince everyone else that Jon is the rightful heir to the throne? The legitimate son (of ice and fire) and the only one who doesn't actually want to rule. Gendry can be his Hand and Dany the wife, reuniting the 'south' with the north. All that's needed is Jaime killing Cersei.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

doubtful Cersei was lying since this sort of lie only works for a few months then backfires

even if Rhaegar & Lyanna's marriage is out in the open who will suspect Jon has anything to do with it? as far as the rest of the world knows he's still Ned's illegitimate son nothing more

in fact no one even knows Rhaegar & Lyanna had a son to begin with

and even if it's written they also had a son, what's to prove it's Jon?

aaand even if the baby's name is also written, would a Targaryen call his son Jon? it'd be more like 'Jaehaerys' (one of his ancestors). Jon's the name Ned chose as a cover
          so once again still no tangible proof Jon's the kid
          no witnesses left

only Bran could find that but who will believe a medium? visions don't constitute proof

so basically it would take someone who'd both believe those visions and have the power and the will to legitimize Jon as Rhaegar & Lyanna's son

in other words Jon better step up on the seduction game a notch or two, nail Dany asap so that when the time comes he'll convince her to do the right thing

Comment

Cersei is either preggers or going through the change and mistaking menopause or an illness for pregnancy.

Gendry wants to be king,,,,but I don't think to rule as much as not live in fear of being murdered. I've always been fond of Gendry and Arya, which would also unite the north and south.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              doubtful Cersei was lying since this sort of lie only works for a few months then backfires

even if Rhaegar & Lyanna's marriage is out in the open who will suspect Jon has anything to do with it? as far as the rest of the world knows he's still Ned's illegitimate son nothing more

in fact no one even knows Rhaegar & Lyanna had a son to begin with

and even if it's written they also had a son, what's to prove it's Jon?

aaand even if the baby's name is also written, would a Targaryen call his son Jon? it'd be more like 'Jaehaerys' (one of his ancestors). Jon's the name Ned chose as a cover
              so once again still no tangible proof Jon's the kid
              no witnesses left

only Bran could find that but who will believe a medium? visions don't constitute proof

so basically it would take someone who'd both believe those visions and have the power and the will to legitimize Jon as Rhaegar & Lyanna's son

in other words Jon better step up on the seduction game a notch or two, nail Dany asap so that when the time comes he'll convince her to do the right thing
              Three Things:

Bran's Visions
              Howland Reed (The only other survivor of the Tower of Joy)
              Sam's new book
              sigpic

Comment

I reckon she's definitely preggers so I wager either miscarriage or stillbirth. that will destroy her completely hehe

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                Three Things:

Bran's Visions
                Howland Reed (The only other survivor of the Tower of Joy)
                Sam's new book
                is Howland Reed still alive?
                did Sam take Gilly's book with him? I only recall him stealing some manuscripts in the restricted area of the library (will he return them?)

Comment

Or Cersei gives birth to a genetically messed up baby...it is incest and a very shallow gene pool.

I'd think the ultimate irony would be her giving birth to a dwarf....and maybe dying in childbirth in the process. Payback for all the misery she heaped on Tyrion over the years

Sam did grab at least one or two books.

and for all we know, Gilly could have packed the ones they already had.

Sam's focus is the wight walkers, so I'd imagine he took things pertaining to that, while Gilly is just having fun reading.

sigpic

Comment

Man, I need to watch this episode again... I was watching it at work...

Didnt even clock Cersei mentioning shes pregnant.

Next week looks awesome!

Comment

well she didn't mention it per se as make a comment and do the hand on the stomach trick.

IT's when Jamie comes back to tell her that they're toast. THen he asked 'who will you say the father is'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        well she didn't mention it per se as make a comment and do the hand on the stomach trick.

IT's when Jamie comes back to tell her that they're toast. THen he asked 'who will you say the father is'
                        Ahh, I wasnt really paying attention it seems

EDIT: Yep, wasn't paying attention
                        Last edited by Teddybrown; 14 August 2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

much as it was good to see Littlefinger up to his usual dirty tricks again...am I the only one who thought his plan was downright stupid?

think about it this whole scheme hinges on Arya not talking to Sansa

if Sansa really asked LF to find the compromising note (which is what LF wants Arya to believe) then Arya will ask herself why didn't LF immediately destroy the note upon getting it

so if Arya confronts Sansa about it then 2 outcomes :

- either Sansa really did ask that favour of LF, in which case why did LF conveniently keep the note? this won't exonerate Sansa (who wanted to get rid of compromising info) but it will show Arya that LF is playing a double game against Sansa (by keeping evidence against her instead of destroying it like she asked)

- or Sansa never asked anything of the sort to LF, in which case LF is promptly found out & Sansa knows he's betraying her so he'll never have her trust again. this will both exonerate Sansa and reveal LF's game

so in the end LF's little stratagem is ultra risky if not suicidal +_-

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            Or Cersei gives birth to a genetically messed up baby...it is incest and a very shallow gene pool.

I'd think the ultimate irony would be her giving birth to a dwarf....and maybe dying in childbirth in the process. Payback for all the misery she heaped on Tyrion over the years.
                            Back to the witches profacy. This dwarf is still born & Cersei dies too, 'killed' by Joffrey/Mycella.Toman's younger brother?
                            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Could lead credence to LF being Jacquen still testing Arya

He does seem to be playing an odd short game, seemingly focused on getting sansa dependant upon him and nothing much beyond that. Either that or there's something else at winterfell that he's focused on getting. Maybe he made a deal with the night king.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X