Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with post-SG fic starring Sam and Daniel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with post-SG fic starring Sam and Daniel!

Hi friends! I wrote a first chapter of a story where Carter and Daniel reunite after being out of touch for years after the Stargate program was finalized...but I'm out of ideas!

I'm happy to pass along the chapter to anyone who's up for finishing the story. Or maybe I just need some inspiration on where to go next.

It could eventually become Sam/Daniel, or just friendship.

What exactly do you want to achieve, what story or aesop or theme or? It may help to get a good idea of what exactly you want to achieve and then continue from there.

I mean, if they just to reunite, that's not much meat for a story.

Comment

It's like TheKillman says, if nothing happens besides the reunion, there's very little story left to write, and you could just keep this first chapter as a one-shot.

However, perhaps they reunite for a reason. Because both their expertises are required and they don't know the other has been contacted as well, so they have to work together again like in the old days to solve the mystery.

Or someone brings them together to talk about their days as members of SG1 if the program is now public knowledge. Or they casually bump into one another at the Smithsonian where Daniel is a speaker at a convention about Ancient Egyptian gods and how the Goa'uld used them to enslave the people of Earth.

Something like that...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Or someone brings them together to talk about their days as members of SG1 if the program is now public knowledge.
        Probably the most interesting one. You could write a whole story about how the world now is post-disclosure, with Daniel as the civilian, moral and historical view and Carter as the military, pragmatic and modern/future view.

Comment

What the others said, unless it's a one shot, there needs to be a plot.
          Maybe there's an issue with an ally and they have to go back to the SGC for some reason? Maybe there's a 10 year anniversary thing that brings them together to reminisce? Maybe sam and daniel are out eating dinner and she gets that 'there's a goa'uld nearby' vibe and they have to check it out?

THe possibilities are literally endless. That scenario could be the beginning of a novel or a 10 page short adventure.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Maybe sam and daniel are out eating dinner and she gets that 'there's a goa'uld nearby' vibe and they have to check it out?
            Oh, this one is good.

Comment

Maybe sam and daniel are out eating dinner and she gets that 'there's a goa'uld nearby' vibe and they have to check it out?
              Ooh, I like this idea!!

The scene I have written is just the two of them meeting for coffee when they are both in town. Carter is a little jaded and has fallen out of touch with everyone. I had this vision that Daniel would go visit her in the next chapter...but that's where I ran out of inspiration. The Goa'uld idea might fit there!

Comment

Cool, have fun and run with it.

It could be something sinister, it could be a tok'ra hiding (maybe they like earth ice cream and sneak in for a treat?

Seriously, you can go anywhere with it so have fun and please share when you get it written
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It could be something sinister, it could be a tok'ra hiding (maybe they like earth ice cream and sneak in for a treat?
                  As long as Jonas never told them to dip onion rings in milkshake we're good.

Comment

Working...
                  X