Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumour alert: "Khan" TV series

Star Trek: Wrath Of Khan TV series in the works
    Director Nicholas Meyer is plotting a Wrath Of Khan limited TV series, charting Khan Noonien Singh's pre-movie era...

Rumours that CBS's new Star Trek: Discovery universe will also include various TV spin-off projects appear to be solid.

Geek Exchange have this week established via their sources that Nicholas Meyer, one of the current Discovery writers and director of 1982's Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan, is working on bringing a limited series to the small screen, which will document the fallout from Kirk dropping Khan Noonien Singh off on Ceti Alpha V during original series episode 'Space Seed', as he and his followers try to survive long before they're discovered by the U.S.S. Reliant, where the rest of the story began in the movie.

So far, no other details have emerged regarding the series, but the project is among a host of others that CBS is looking to develop alongside Discovery in the next few years.

The late Ricardo Montalbán originally played Khan, but Benedict Cumberbatch had a go at making the character his own in 2013's Star Trek Into Darkness. It seems incredibly unlikely that Cumberbatch will return to the role at this point, so it looks like we'll see a brand new Khan for the Discovery age.

More as we have it.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I suppose the Eugenics War is a viable base for a series, might even be appropriate today.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I hope they use Greg Cox's books. Probably won't, but I can still hope.
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

IMO no one can come even halfway close to Ricardo Montalban in that role...may he RIP

Comment

People said the same about Jack Nicholoson about playing The Joker at one time
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            IMO no one can come even halfway close to Ricardo Montalban in that role...may he RIP
            Agreed. Anyone they cast will be a poor 2nd banana behind Ricardo's portrayal. Sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone.

Comment

in the Vanguard series of books they put forth that Ceti Alpha VI exploded due to everybody tinkering with Shedai technology.

That particular premise for Star Trek II always bothered me. I know the sensorsin the 23rd century weren't as advanced as sensors in the 24th century but c'mon.....you can't tell me that they somehow missed a whole planet. Or that people forgot how to count. Seems to me like someone on the USS Reliant should've been like "Hey didn't there used to be 6 planets in this system? Well there are only 5 planets in this system now along with a bunch of debris. I bet we're looking at CA 5 and not CA 6."

Comment

This sounds terrible. Wish they just hand over the franchise who actually cares about it and actually want to push it forwards instead of always looking backwards.

Comment

Working...
                X