Knightfall - A New Show on the History Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knightfall - A New Show on the History Channel

Hopefully it is similar in quality to earlier seasons of Vikings and not closer to what we have...well...with Vikings now.
    sigpic

So, the legend of the holy grail...

The Templar Knights are fascinating, and the costumes look wicked. I might watch this.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Watched the first 2 episodes but sadly wasn't impressed. It also doesn't help it's historically incorrect. I could have forgiven them the few incorrect historical issues but if the Fall of Acre happened 15 years ago to the present day, then it means the story is taking place in 1306 (which is 15 years from 1291). Pope Boniface the VIII had died 3 years prior and Benedictus XI was pope then. Him being at odds with Philippe the Fair is true to history (he also had some issues with Dante who awarded him with a place in the 8th Circle of Hell). Isabelle of France will not marry this Catalan princeling I can't find in history (notwithstanding that Catalonia was ruled by Constitutions, along the line of the Roman Codex, and the king had barely any power). She'll marry (a member of the Plantagenet line) Edward II of England in 1308, a year after the Templars will have been deemed enemies to France by Philippe.
        Philippe also speaks of the troubles in Flanders, as he should cause in 1302 the French knights and noblemen were hacked into defeat by the Flemish workers in the fields of Courtois -- a battle known to us Flemish as the Battle of the Golden Spurs which gave us the Lion of Flanders.

I really am intrigued by the Templar Knights (and it has little to do with the Holy Grail thing) but sadly Knightfall does not deliver quite like Vikings does.

Comment

I actually like this show so far even though the Middle Ages aren't one of my interests.

Thanks for pointing out all the historical inaccuracies, Falcon. While annoying they help me think of the show as an historical fantasy.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

It is a way to kill an hour. nothing striking or spectacular about it.

I haven't delved deeply enough into the history to know all that's wrong with it. But going by what's posted.....take the civil war and a real town and a few real people, then make up a battle and the outcome of it all and turn it into a show.

So a drama set in a real time and place with a great amount of artistic and creative license taken.

at the end of the day a way to kill an hour but, thus far, nothing strikingly memorable
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Jew were evicted from Paris in that year, and weren't allowed back until 1322, but shortly after evicted again. So that part is at least some what historically accurate.

Comment

Well...I finally watched it.

Got better as it went along but still not great.

Glad it got a second season though..maybe it will do better a second time around.

Still better than recent seasons of Vikings.
                sigpic

Comment

Mark Hamill has been cast in the second season -- still not watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Mark Hamill has been cast in the second season -- still not watching it.
                    I'm incredibly late to this thread but wait a minute... Knightfall has actually been renewed?

This show is so bad I don't even have the words to describe it.
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Gonna take a wild stab in the dark here...No one else is watching?

Season 2 has been decent so far. Definitely feels like they upped the production values.

Mark Hamill never disappoints...just wish he wasn't using an "Older Joker" voice for the character as it is a wee bit distracting.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                          Gonna take a wild stab in the dark here...No one else is watching?

Season 2 has been decent so far. Definitely feels like they upped the production values.

Mark Hamill never disappoints...just wish he wasn't using an "Older Joker" voice for the character as it is a wee bit distracting.
                          I actually said I wouldn't, but I did. I mean now that I'm telling myself it's not a history show by any means I can enjoy the show for what it is (a mildly entertaining show).

But yea Hamil's voice is kind of funny, sounds like SpongeBob's intro tune's pirate voice.
                          Spoiler:
                          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            You know what, I've had all but given hope on this show and I got to say S2 was great, looking forward to the finale next week.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Haven't seen the show, but I just read that it was cancelled after season 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X