Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't they bring back Stargate Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't they bring back Stargate Atlantis?

I downloaded SG1 but couldn't get into it but Stargate Atlantis is awesome. I first saw it all last year HD currently watching all 5 seasons again. I hate that it was cancelled. I watched an interview with Joe Flanigan who played John Shepard and he said that despite the viewing figures increasing every season the studio cancelled it in order to pursue a new show Stargate Universe (which was cancelled as it sucked) but I don't understand why they didn't bring back Stargate Atlantis. It's cast, characters etc etc was awesome and the show was obviously a winning formula so why didn't they bring it back after universe's fail?

Originally posted by pgb86 View Post
    he said that despite the viewing figures increasing every season the studio cancelled it in order to pursue a new show Stargate Universe (which was cancelled as it sucked)
    They didn't cancel it because of SGU. Mr flanigan may feel that way, but it's not true.

As a series runs, it gets more expensive. The more stable an actor's position on a gig, the more he can ask. So even though SGA was pulling good ratings, it was expensive to make. Plus, the DVD market, which created quite a bit of revenue, was dropping like a brick.

Couple that with MGM's bankrupcy, and you have your answer: the gains weren't worth the costs. Plus, MGM saved itself by allocating it's money on James bond.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb86 View Post
      I downloaded SG1 but couldn't get into it but Stargate Atlantis is awesome. I first saw it all last year HD currently watching all 5 seasons again. I hate that it was cancelled. I watched an interview with Joe Flanigan who played John Shepard and he said that despite the viewing figures increasing every season the studio cancelled it in order to pursue a new show Stargate Universe (which was cancelled as it sucked) but I don't understand why they didn't bring back Stargate Atlantis. It's cast, characters etc etc was awesome and the show was obviously a winning formula so why didn't they bring it back after universe's fail?
      You wanna pay for Jason Momoa now?
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        You wanna pay for Jason Momoa now?
        If Atlantis had continued, he'd... oh wait, he'd still be doing what he's doing now considering he wouldn't have stuck around for holding up walls alone.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
        X