Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I believe the SG1 gate no longer exists
    Neither does the Stargate gate -- well pieces might still survive in Devlin's collection since he actually used pieces of it as setdressing in an episode of Leverage once.

But the drawings do still exist. The concept art and such.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I uninstalled the app from my phone and deleted every trace of it after the upteenth crash today. 10 crashes during 1 week, 8 alone today. Severe lagtimes and slow loadtimes.
      It's in those moments I'm actually quite happy I'm excluded from any streaming service whatsoever.
      I am shocked and appalled.

You are claiming that... for 20 bucks, the users get crap? That it's made in an amateuristic way?
      That it's a cheap money-grab, nothing more?

Hmmm, big surprise there
      One can only wonder, if the webseries gets as much support, both in terms of resources, money and effort as the webplatform, what the endresult will be like.

My guess is, there will be lots of crying around the world when the first ep gets released

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
        I am shocked and appalled.

You are claiming that... for 20 bucks, the users get crap? That it's made in an amateuristic way?
        That it's a cheap money-grab, nothing more?
        The sarcasm is strong in this one.

Hmmm, big surprise there
        One can only wonder, if the webseries gets as much support, both in terms of resources, money and effort as the webplatform, what the endresult will be like.
        I don't think it's a big budget to make -- I estimate about a half of a million or maybe a million, though from the looks of the sets it could potentially be more. But considering tent-city is the size of my office space, I reckon the budget isn't too high. Besides it's a webseries. They are used to working with lower budgets.

My guess is, there will be lots of crying around the world when the first ep gets released
        I find it rather misleading that whenever there's talk or news released that both Stargate Command and MGM are really quite about the fact that not everyone will be able to stream it on Command. That there are in fact restrictions. The Children of MacGuyver is a French group of gaters who are in the process of building a lifesize SG-1 gate and if it ever gets finished it will look stunning (my Sodan staffweapon comes from one of these guys, and I've met them), were moderately excited about it, and my first thought was like, "Guys, you can't even watch it!".

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
          That is very hard for me after all the negative things I read about it here already, not to the least about how it is being made accessible to people, combined with that I cannot shake the feeling that things we knew to be facts for a while will be told differently all of a sudden, which I am not a fan of
          I'm sure a lot of people are but that's why I'm trying to ensure there's at least one none doomsayer voice there for people to see - even if I'm just being neutral about it until I get to watch the finished thing. I would hope that the finished piece would also be released on DVD or Blu-ray as well for those who aren't able to get the app.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Maybe they sold or destroyed the old gate prop, but it doesn't mean that they can not build a new one for the SG:O.

By the way... The story could still fit into the canon:
            1. it could be an alternative timeline
            2. Mitchell (from Continuum) shows up and helps the team
            3. they find Daniel notes (from Moebius)
            4. they find a new dialing resource (like what Teal'c had in Continuum)
            But either way it would be essential that Catherine never goes through the gate and her dad will be still a liar about the "death" of Ernest. So the story could work if they place it after Ernest's accident, but the SG:O shows clearly pre-USA era in Egypt and not the experiments after the WW2.

The drift of the planets is still a problem. So it can happen that some friendly or hostile alien will dial in, but they have to give a real good explanations why would Catherine not share this info with the SG-1. So my vote would go for option 1, we have to treat it SG:O like an alternative universe.
            Last edited by Platschu; 31 October 2017, 02:47 AM.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              I would hope that the finished piece would also be released on DVD or Blu-ray as well for those who aren't able to get the app.
              The app is free for all, the streaming service isn't.

Also, not interested in giving them my money if they don't allow me to sample it first.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              Maybe they sold or destroyed the old gate prop, but it doesn't mean that they can not build a new one for the SG:O.
              The movie gate was destroyed, literally trashed. Devlin saved some pieces which he reused in an episode of Leverage as wallpieces.

And SG-1 had several gates of which a few were destroyed or re-used, and the last few were cut up and auctioned off.

Comment

Maybe you'll like it, cause after all we all have different opinions.

Or not.

I uninstalled the app from my phone and deleted every trace of it after the upteenth crash today. 10 crashes during 1 week, 8 alone today. Severe lagtimes and slow loadtimes.
                It's in those moments I'm actually quite happy I'm excluded from any streaming service whatsoever.

Neither am I.
                Though we have different tastes, I would always feel the nagging at the back of my mind that has to do with how they treat fans, which would make me not really able to enjoy it.

But, I am glad I never got the app

Comment

The app is free for all, the streaming service isn't.

Also, not interested in giving them my money if they don't allow me to sample it first.
                  The point still stands. I would hope that the finished piece would also be released on DVD or Blu-ray as well for those who aren't able to stream the show.

We'll no doubt get a trailer anyway so you'll be able to sample it.
                  sigpic

Comment

The point still stands. I would hope that the finished piece would also be released on DVD or Blu-ray as well for those who aren't able to stream the show.

There is a trailer out already

Comment

I was thinking more a trailer with actual footage rather than a teaser
                      sigpic

Comment

Trailers are horribly unreliable for sampling.

I think someone should make an actual trailer from that teaser. I was thinking about doing it, but learning that Dial Home interviews will conveniently also be locked behind that freakin' all-access pay wall, I'm all turned off for this new installment.

If I'm not the fan they want to thank, I'm not going to squee and cheer for something I can't watch anyway. They can literally stick the gate where the sun doesn't shine, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

They can literally stick the gate where the sun doesn't shine, as far as I'm concerned.
                          Damn... Last thing you want to hear then is "unscheduled offworld activation".

Talk about a pain in the ass...

Comment

If I'm not the fan they want to thank, I'm not going to squee and cheer for something I can't watch anyway. They can literally stick the gate where the sun doesn't shine, as far as I'm concerned.
                            My thoughts exactly, very well said

Comment

Damn... Last thing you want to hear then is "unscheduled offworld activation".

Talk about a pain in the ass...

Comment

As far as i'm aware, all gates are gone. And it's pretty much tradition by now that each series has it's own gate design.

So my vote would go for option 1, we have to treat it SG:O like an alternative universe.
                                It means nothing. As far as SG1 goes, we're already in universe 3 or 4. Counting SGA and you can add 2 more. Count SGu and we're 3-4 more. We haven't been in the Main Universe since what, season 2? 3? Oh and i forgot Continuum which adds 2-3 more AU's. We treat whatever universe we follow as the Main Universe even when it's not.

But yea, all indications to me are that we are seeing a backdoor pilot attempt that, if successful, will almost certainly lead to a reboot. Which, to please the SG1 fans, they can simply frame as an alternate universe story. It won't be that hard to write an alternate series for SG1 where everything went differently, plenty of story to tell still.

Comment

Working...
                                X