No announcement yet.

MGM Announces New Original Series "Stargate Origins"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well, in the end, we're just a couple of idiots whose opinion doesn't matter screaming in the desert/on a forum where it doesn't make a difference.

Obviously, they never care for the fan's opinions. Or it's possible that this is intentional, maybe they're aiming for a different/younger generation of fans like they did with the new startrek movies, trying to attract a wider audience and such.

And then of course they're surprised when it goes down the drain, just like the new star trek movies that gained less and less profit with every movie, to such an extent that there are rumours that there will be no more new movies in the kelvin timeline.

But that's explained away by blaming the fans again: they weren't supportive enough... (SGU anyone?)

Anyways, the world will keep turning, whether this pans out or not

Comment

Listening to the fans is a bad idea, but blaming them is even worse.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Don't blame the shippers either. That's my THING
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Don't blame the shippers either. That's my THING
          I wouldn't dare.

Comment

As a fan of the whole Stargate concept and not just the shows, I'm intrigued by the movie-style Stargate (and I love it). It does look like they have an actual practical Gate on set too. Also loved the movie score for the teaser and with the casting of Kelly Vint Castro, that's another movie connection. I wonder if they will tie more into the movie.

I've no idea where they're going with this but I'm really interested. Be nice to know if it is its own thing or if it's intended to tie in with the TV series.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              As a fan of the whole Stargate concept and not just the shows, I'm intrigued by the movie-style Stargate (and I love it). It does look like they have an actual practical Gate on set too. Also loved the movie score for the teaser and with the casting of Kelly Vint Castro, that's another movie connection. I wonder if they will tie more into the movie.

I've no idea where they're going with this but I'm really interested. Be nice to know if it is its own thing or if it's intended to tie in with the TV series.
              That's the whole thing. MGM said that it's part of the main television franchise, as opposed to what the reboot from Emmerich/Devlin was supposed to do. Not part of the movie, not on it's own. This feels a lot like Star Trek Discovery; it's supposed to be part of the main franchise, yet pretty much everything contradicts it.

It better not be a dream ending, damaged timeline, or memory loss near the end of the series to "solve" the continuity errors. Do it right, right away, or don't do it at all.

Comment

What it feels like is a crap attempt to join the other "star" alumni.
                Star trek buried itself into "political culture"
                Star wars buried itself in "toy culture" and "a long LONG time ago" history culture.
                Stargate has done neither, not because it can't, but because MGM hasn't.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I just watched Torment of Tantalus (by chance) and with the information currently available from people here, it contradicts just about everything we learned from Catherine in this episode. So, it looks like it's not going to fit in with the timeline established in the series -- and they are about to redcon the whole damn thing.

Comment

Funny, when looking on reddit: the more material is released, the more people are starting to say it looks like it will suck, especially compared to a few months ago.

Some guy who is in the business too (backed up by a link to his imdb page etc.) is already warning people to not get their hopes up: the footage shows it's cheaply and non-professionally made.

Nobody with any creds in the industry is involved anyways. It all looks cheaply shot inside. Some claim "but they're visiting shooting locations according to the site". Yeah, but that was a few weeks ago and even shooting outside requires permits, permission, ...

Personally, I'm feeling a huge "told you so"-moment coming up...

Thinking more and more to not watch it at all: not the final product and not the first few free eps that would be available in every country.

Rather remember my favorite franchise as it was.

I also have too much the impression that it's going to be indiana jones meets lara croft. God it just looks so unbelievably boring...

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
                      I also have too much the impression that it's going to be indiana jones meets lara croft. God it just looks so unbelievably boring...
                      Didn't we already do that with Relic Hunter?

Which I really enjoyed watching.
                      And there's also Young Indiana Jones with... darn it, what's his name... He played Orlin in SG-1. Build a ******* stargate out of a toaster for cryin' out loud.

Comment

I'm still keeping my mind open and willing to give this a go. I try not to pre-judge things and go in and give them a genuine chance rather than deciding I'll hate it before hand. I'd prefer a brand new full show but if I enjoy this, then great.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'm still keeping my mind open and willing to give this a go. I try not to pre-judge things and go in and give them a genuine chance rather than deciding I'll hate it before hand. I'd prefer a brand new full show but if I enjoy this, then great.

That is very hard for me after all the negative things I read about it here already, not to the least about how it is being made accessible to people, combined with that I cannot shake the feeling that things we knew to be facts for a while will be told differently all of a sudden, which I am not a fan of
                          Last edited by DarkenLycht; 30 October 2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                            That is very hard for me after all the negative things I read about it here already...
                            Maybe you'll like it, cause after all we all have different opinions.

...not to the least about how it is being made accessible to people...
                            Or not.

I uninstalled the app from my phone and deleted every trace of it after the upteenth crash today. 10 crashes during 1 week, 8 alone today. Severe lagtimes and slow loadtimes.
                            It's in those moments I'm actually quite happy I'm excluded from any streaming service whatsoever.

...combined with that I cannot shake the feeling that things we knew to be facts for a while will be told differently all of a sudden, which I am not a fan of
                            Neither am I.

Comment

At least they showed the gate for a few seconds. I was not really impressed with the CGI gate design at the end of this trailer even if it was for promotion only. Why were the glyphs missing? Will they use the same gate set piece like in SG-1? I hope they don't plan to use that one which had Egyptian hieroglyphs on it as in the Stargate movie even if the first SG:O poster showed the SG-1 (Milky Way) gate.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I believe the SG1 gate no longer exists
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X