Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Default Re: MGM Announces New Original Series "Stargate Origins"

That silence on one hand is good on the other hand all the way of how fans are being treated is making me feel sorry for the actors who play in SG:O.
    They are the ones who worked hard for it, I can only hope that the fans who choose to watch it will enjoy the show so the actors did not spend their time on that for nothing, or well at least something that is really bad.

It's a job, like any other, as long as they got paid for it.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Laxian of Earth View Post

Still, it at least was science fiction - the last years haven't been that kind to us science fiction watchers
    I know right?
    Maybe why I'm currently watching BSG, because there's nothing current that appeals to me.
    I'm waiting for the expanse, but don't have netflix so waiting for dvd release in my region. The books are not bad (but not great either), so I'm undecided about that.

I also still need to start watching my dvd box of Westworld, hope that will be ok.

But otherwise... The new Star Trek doesn't appeal to me either, from fragments I've seen on youtube. And with all due respect to Falcon Horus here, I'm not really a StarWars fan either

There is all the Marvel universe stuff these days, but for me, that's not really scifi, it's something separate. I like it, but still, it's not true scifi in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMckay View Post
    And with all due respect to Falcon Horus here, I'm not really a StarWars fan either
    Oh trust me, for the longest time, neither was I and then I met the people in that world... and my life changed, considerably so. I've done some incredible things thanks to Star Wars -- made some incredible memories and doing things I never thought I would ever get into. Stargate was the beginning, but Star Wars has taken it so much further.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It's a job, like any other, as long as they got paid for it.
    Sure, but I don't know it is nicer to work on something that gets good critiques than something that dos not, or better said is not so well recieved
    I guess we won't know anyway, so it makes no sense thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by Az'ryel View Post
    Sure, but I don't know it is nicer to work on something that gets good critiques than something that dos not, or better said is not so well recieved
    I guess we won't know anyway, so it makes no sense thinking about it
    From that point of view, I'd say best to be in something that's well received than something you regret has to go on your resume.

But I don't think it will look bad either way. It shows commitment.
    And some of the actors (Ellie Gall at least, not counting Connor since he's the only known name in there) have already been welcomed by many fans at American conventions, so they're off to a relatively good start.