MGM Announces New Original Series "Stargate Origins"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldManMeeseeks View Post
    I, for one, am extremely excited for Origins. Because, at the end of the day, seeing the Ol'Orifice standing there again...that's gonna be quite a sight.
    Hopefully they will keep the sound effects for dialing and kawoosh what they have established and used in SG-1.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      But that's the thing -- you are paying 20 dollars for what most fans won't get to see. MGM will only be interested in the numbers for the 1st 20 minutes because so far those are the only ones free for all. Those will represent the "garnering interest"-part. The other 80 minutes will have a fixed audience, assuming every premium account will stream the episodes.
      It does not even matter if those people with the premium membership stream the ep, they have payed already so it is fixed income for MGM no matter what they deliver. So only the first free time would have to be great to make people consider watching the rest

I however cross fingers for everyone who is deciding to pay those $20 that you won't be disappointed

Comment

I had to dust off the old computer when I saw that MGM was willing to spend money on the franchise again.
        Is it a Commodore 64?

I, for one, am extremely excited for Origins. Because, at the end of the day, seeing the Ol'Orifice standing there again...that's gonna be quite a sight.
        Have you paid your 20 dollar yet?
        Are you able to pay the fee to watch Origins?

Cause with all the excitement a lot of people seem to forget that half the fans who would probably be interested as well are excluded from the new show, and have to "suffer" the "excitement" anyway.

But I swear, the first one to spoil the damn thing for me, will get every Avengers/Marvel/DC-film spoiled from now until eternity -- cause we get them before the US.

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
        It does not even matter if those people with the premium membership stream the ep, they have payed already so it is fixed income for MGM no matter what they deliver. So only the first free time would have to be great to make people consider watching the rest
        Good point, hadn't thought about it that way.

I however cross fingers for everyone who is deciding to pay those $20 that you won't be disappointed
        Considering plenty are already disappointed about the app and its many bugs, I'd say it'll be a miracle if they stick around long enough for their 20 dollar to be worth it.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The “forum” on the app is indeed a joke. Full of pointless posts fishing for command points to level up for no reason...lol

Comment

Considering plenty are already disappointed about the app and its many bugs, I'd say it'll be a miracle if they stick around long enough for their 20 dollar to be worth it.
            I agree with you on that, it would be just sad if people will pay and look forward to something great only to be disappointed

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
            The “forum” on the app is indeed a joke. Full of pointless posts fishing for command points to level up for no reason...lol
            I know forums of that kind, it is quantity instead of quality, no places where I like to be at

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
              And there's absolutely nothing past Ascension status, and the coins just sit there, doing absolutely nothing.

I agree with you on that, it would be just sad if people will pay and look forward to something great only to be disappointed
              Most were already disappointed when they signed up the moment that the website/app was going live, that Origins was in fact not even available. Hell, it hadn't even been filmed yet.

I'm really curious about what will happen after May 15, 2018.
              If the streaming service really goes away in its entirety, I predict the website will dead and buried a month later.

I know forums of that kind, it is quantity instead of quality, no places where I like to be at
              It's a messagefeed. Can't call that a forum.
              There's a character limit (I kid you not) of 100 characters when you start a new thread via the website, 200 if you use the app on Android, and 100 for iOS. There's no editbutton. You can upvote a comment or downvote one (and boy, some really like to downvote to their heart's content). Both votes show up as "likes" -- yes, even the downvotes.

When writing a reply to a post, you can only see one line of your reply, not like here where you can see 16 or so lines. Which makes long posts really hard to do.

And the website loads really, really, really, really slow on smartphone. I stopped using the app because it crashed every 5 minutes. The website and app are riddled with bugs.

Comment

And there's absolutely nothing past Ascension status, and the coins just sit there, doing absolutely nothing.

Most were already disappointed when they signed up the moment that the website/app was going live, that Origins was in fact not even available. Hell, it hadn't even been filmed yet.

I'm really curious about what will happen after May 15, 2018.
                If the streaming service really goes away in its entirety, I predict the website will dead and buried a month later.

It's a messagefeed. Can't call that a forum.
                There's a character limit (I kid you not) of 100 characters when you start a new thread via the website, 200 if you use the app on Android, and 100 for iOS. There's no editbutton. You can upvote a comment or downvote one (and boy, some really like to downvote to their heart's content). Both votes show up as "likes" -- yes, even the downvotes.

When writing a reply to a post, you can only see one line of your reply, not like here where you can see 16 or so lines. Which makes long posts really hard to do.

And the website loads really, really, really, really slow on smartphone. I stopped using the app because it crashed every 5 minutes. The website and app are riddled with bugs.
                The whole thing, website, app and the show seems to me like a project without heart and care being an attempt to get some more coin from a franchise that is loved by many people
                It is easier to make people willing to pay for something new if it has an old name they love, just in hopes it will be good again
                That alone is enough to make people invest their money and once that is done, it does not matter what quality the fans will get, since they have already paid, that is unless you are a fan, then of course it does matter. But this project does not seem to be made for fans anyway

Comment

But this project does not seem to be made for fans anyway
                  If it was, then all fans would have access to it.

Comment

If it was, then all fans would have access to it.
                    That is a fantasy and you know it
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      That is a fantasy and you know it
                      Of course, I do. I'm just saying.

Comment

Of course, I do. I'm just saying.
                        I guess everyone here knows, sadly, but it is a nice fantasy FH

Though I miss the time without streaming when it just was enough to have normal TV program to watch such shows

Comment

I guess everyone here knows, sadly, but it is a nice fantasy FH
                          Thanks.

Comment

Feb 15, 2018 Stargate: Origins premiers.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                              Feb 15, 2018 Stargate: Origins premiers.
                              Well good for them. Me, I'm looking forward to starting my dvd boxes of battlestar galactica and westworld that just arrived.

Now there at least is the result of some decent budget and commitment

Comment

STAR WARS!!!

All I can think of right now... and hopefully May 2018 or thereabouts the new Lego Star Wars game from The Last Jedi.

Stargate can die a quiet death in February.

Comment

Working...
                                X