• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see what you mean.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Wow. We have got 2 new photos. Well done, SG:O marketing department!
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Wow. We have got 2 new photos. Well done, SG:O marketing department!
        Really... where are they reported cause I can't find anything on Command, or they are hiding them from public view.

Nope... just a poll to measure excitement... which makes me resent MGM even more.

I'm gonna watch One False Step, and join Daniel in his happy place.

Comment

Ignore me. I believed this one was a fresh new article on GW, but it was published in December :
          https://www.gateworld.net/news/2017/...ce-characters/
          Silly me. I am going back to my sarcophagus.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

There hasn't been anything new since the trailer. They really need to start picking up the marketing. TopFan at least is trying to get more people to interact more on the app by adding a little piece of software which pops up pop-up which tell you that you haven't visited in a while and that you should get back to the app cause you might be missing something. Hence why people keep getting pop-ups about all-access, including people who are not elligible for it which is very misleading because they don't say in the pop-up who is and who isn't elligible.

Comment

Last night on twitter saw someone from The Netherlands ask Command what the options would be for people not within the zone to have access to Stargate Origins.

As predictable they replied they were working "hard" on it, but this time there was an actual timeframe added to the post. Keep an eye on the newspage, they said. There would be something there by the end of the month (which leaves 2 weeks to the premiere -- cutting it close or trying to deflect dissappointment).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Last night on twitter saw someone from The Netherlands ask Command what the options would be for people not within the zone to have access to Stargate Origins.

As predictable they replied they were working "hard" on it, but this time there was an actual timeframe added to the post. Keep an eye on the newspage, they said. There would be something there by the end of the month (which leaves 2 weeks to the premiere -- cutting it close or trying to deflect dissappointment).
                I don't think it really matters, at least not to me. I mean, how many people who can't access All Access are still checking Stargate Command? By now, I think most of us are doing other things. Even if some us still check the app/site now and again, which I occassionally do (like once a month or something), how many would still be interested to pay for it?

Even if I'm wrong about that, which I usually am, I know I don't give a rat's ass anymore, pardon me. I rather spend my money on something more interesting, and I can get far with 20-30 euros.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                  I don't think it really matters, at least not to me. I mean, how many people who can't access All Access are still checking Stargate Command? By now, I think most of us are doing other things. Even if some us still check the app/site now and again, which I occassionally do (like once a month or something), how many would still be interested to pay for it?

Even if I'm wrong about that, which I usually am, I know I don't give a rat's ass anymore, pardon me. I rather spend my money on something more interesting, and I can get far with 20-30 euros.
                  I wasn't going to say anything... ... but yeah, that's what crossed my mind as well.

They're really, really too late with it. Marketing, really not their strong suit.

Comment

I wasn't going to say anything... ... but yeah, that's what crossed my mind as well.

They're really, really too late with it. Marketing, really not their strong suit.
                    Indeed, I also thought it should have promoted better and to a wider audience but then again they are not targeting a wider audience and maybe rely on that the the mere existence of something new and SG branded will lure enough people towards them

Comment

Revelation today. Someone got Apple to mediate to get his money back when he realized the service ends May 15, which isn't mentioned when buying all-access. It's in the press releases, but apparently not when paying. It's also in the FAQ.

A blemish on the way they handle everything.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post

I know right?
                        Until a month ago, I was checking this forum/thread at least once a day. Now it's more like once in a week/2 weeks.

Totally lost interest in this to be honest.
                        On the other hand, finally started watching my Battlestar Galactica boxset I bought end of last year.

FRAAAAAAAAAAAAK me. Talk about your good scifi. That show is so rich...
                        Compared to BSG quality, I have to say: Stargate Oriwhat?

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
                          On the other hand, finally started watching my Battlestar Galactica boxset I bought end of last year.
                          Old or new?

I've seen new BSG and absolutely loved it, except for season 3 -- that's one season I could have done without.

Comment

Revelation today. Someone got Apple to mediate to get his money back when he realized the service ends May 15, which isn't mentioned when buying all-access. It's in the press releases, but apparently not when paying. It's also in the FAQ.

A blemish on the way they handle everything.
                            What was that again about people not reading the FAQs? Or terms...

That is I guess what you get get not doing it, but it is also just fitting well into the over all impression I got about what's going on with SG:O

Comment

Old or new? I've seen new BSG and absolutely loved it, except for season 3 -- that's one season I could have done without.
                              New, obviously Just finished season 1, starting season 2. I'm so tempted to binge-watch the entire thing at once, but the wife and me are trying to draw it out at one ep per day

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
                                There are some aspects to it i hate, but mostly nBSG was great. great scifi, without all the techbabble and with many interesting plots. Hell, it even handled religon quite well up to a certain point.

Comment

Working...
                                X